Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1475 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 475 975 1375 1425 1465 1474 1475 1476 1485 1525 1575 ... LastLast
Results 36,851 to 36,875 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    I like this one but there is no room in the inn. Well, there is but DH might actually either shoot me or adopt several mastiffs as he now threatens to do.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/3150410122.html

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/3150207704.html This one is interesting. Says the picture is from Singer website but theirs is in a cabinate. It is a 66 Lotus decals handcrank. Makes me want to respond just to see what they actually have!!
    FYI: NO longer an active ad but it is still posted. Bummer!
    Last edited by chris_quilts; 07-19-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Mary, this is a link to a repro model 15...you can tell, the colors are just "off"..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thelivi...re/4542594550/
    i agree. i think it's the coloring in the decals that are off. i see someone on this board bought this machine. i wonder does she like it now.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

I'm contemplating buying a Necchi Julia Supernova. But, it doesn't have any cams. What are the pluses and minuses of this model? Without any cams it would basically be a straight stitch machine, correct? I'd appreciate feedback.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    I'm contemplating buying a Necchi Julia Supernova. But, it doesn't have any cams. What are the pluses and minuses of this model? Without any cams it would basically be a straight stitch machine, correct? I'd appreciate feedback.
    Nice machine. The one I ruined needed Triflow... I shot some kind of cutting oil or something in there and melted the stitch length lever. HOWEVER - I saw one nearly like it and it was all metal.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

Blog Entries
    Anyone in this area, Shared Stitches - the quilt store in Shingle Springs - is having a yard sale this Saturday! I am going to take 2 Japanese 15's, a couple 66-13's (not in a cabinet), White Rotary black embossed crinkle, a Singer 99 hand crank, and maybe a couple others to try and sell! I am going to try and get down to just the machines I really like or use -Name:  Morse 15 clone front face.JPG
Views: 1634
Size:  1.30 MB and I have about 60 machines now! I will only sell this Morse if I can get a decent price - he is so purrrrrty! I found, I love using my Pfaff 260 - I just pieced a quilt top with her yesterday! I also love the 401's, 500's, etc.! I don't use the 15's for FM as I use my Singer 15-88 treadle or a Pfaff!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 07-20-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Nancy, I'll see you tomorrow. I'm going! Which two Japanese machines are you bringing?

Blog Entries

Finally home !!

After 50 days in the hospital, DH is finally home. He is in remission from leukemia right now, and hopefully will stay that way. I am extra busy now trying to fatten him up. (40 pounds loss in 50 days takes a toll on a body, Plus chemo) Thanks for all your prayers, well wishes and notes. They mean a lot. Still won't be on much, but will be reading.

Texas Jan

Jan,

Glad to hear it. Now, make him a double Dutch chocolate cake with home made chocolate icing on top for a welcome home.

Oh, don't for get the ice cream.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
    After 50 days in the hospital, DH is finally home. He is in remission from leukemia right now, and hopefully will stay that way. I am extra busy now trying to fatten him up. (40 pounds loss in 50 days takes a toll on a body, Plus chemo) Thanks for all your prayers, well wishes and notes. They mean a lot. Still won't be on much, but will be reading.

Texas Jan
    YAY!!!! Will keep you both in our prayers!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Does anyone here have a Singer hand crank set up they'd sell for the same price Sew-Classic gets for the Chinese ones? I know I'm reaching a bit, but I've finally got my 99K sewing and I want to put a hand crank on it, but not a Chinese one.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Nancy, I'll see you tomorrow. I'm going! Which two Japanese machines are you bringing?
    The Morse, and an Electra black 15 with a scroll face plate. I will be in a class at SS from 10 - 4, so Shirley is going to watch my table with the machines! Come on in the store! The yard sale will be from 10-2, and from what I hear there will be lots of quilt kits, fabric, etc., all sewing stuff! They are holding the yard sale in the big barn next to Shared Stitches! I will know more what I am bringing after I go through my machines today!

Nancy

Blog Entries

Texas Jan
    Jan that is such fantastic news! So glad to hear this! You two take care and we will keep up the prayers!

Nancy

Blog Entries

Texas Jan
    Texas Jan, So happy to read that your husband is home! <<Hugs>>

Blog Entries
    Jan, So glad your husband is home and I hope he continues to improve. You take care of your self too!
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    The Morse, and an Electra black 15 with a scroll face plate. I will be in a class at SS from 10 - 4, so Shirley is going to watch my table with the machines! Come on in the store! The yard sale will be from 10-2, and from what I hear there will be lots of quilt kits, fabric, etc., all sewing stuff! They are holding the yard sale in the big barn next to Shared Stitches! I will know more what I am bringing after I go through my machines today!

Nancy
    Yes, I'm for sure going in the store. I need backings for several quilts. See you tomorrow!

Okay you guys, I need some help as my mind must be in lala land. I have not used my 99 in over a year and I need
    to hem some jeans. Does the needle thread left to right, or does it thread right to left. Thanks in advance, Kathie

Needle goes in FLAT to the RIGHT
    Thread goes in LEFT to RIGHT

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Needle goes in FLAT to the RIGHT
    Thread goes in LEFT to RIGHT

Joe
    Thank you Joe. Kathie

Jan, thanks for the update on your husband. Wonderful news!!! I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

Blog Entries
    Jan, that's good news about your husband. My favorite weight gainer after an illness is homemade cheesecake.

Banned
    Well its been a while since I have hopped on and checked everything out and this thread has grown quite a bit. I love the Hot Pink Morse that is one of the best ones to get if your buying one, just because the color is so rare. Since I have been so sick I have finally finished all of the machines I had a back log on and now I am adding to my collection left and right. I have probably bought 12 to 15 machines all in the 1800's this past 3 months. I need to start to clean them up and add them to my collection but with this heat I can not get out in it or I will break out worse than I am already. Oh well looks like I will be playing in the garage and possibly start back to quilting again.

Billy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51 View Post
    Well its been a while since I have hopped on and checked everything out and this thread has grown quite a bit. I love the Hot Pink Morse that is one of the best ones to get if your buying one, just because the color is so rare. Since I have been so sick I have finally finished all of the machines I had a back log on and now I am adding to my collection left and right. I have probably bought 12 to 15 machines all in the 1800's this past 3 months. I need to start to clean them up and add them to my collection but with this heat I can not get out in it or I will break out worse than I am already. Oh well looks like I will be playing in the garage and possibly start back to quilting again.

Billy
    Billy are you doing ok dealing with the Pemphigus Vulgaris? Is that still what the Dr's think you have? I really feel for you if that is what you have because I know first hand how nasty that disease can be . . . . we had a dog with that condition. I hope your Dr's are able to manage your symtoms so you are comfortable and able to do the things you want/need to do! Like I said, if you do have Pemphigus Vulgaris, I know what you must be going through - and I really feel for you! None of the auto-immune diseases are much fun!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Home again and settled back in... Junkin' wasn't particularly productive this trip, but I'm sure loving this 301! Y'all were right, this machine is fast!
    We had a great time with the family, and I always love being near the ocean! Our motel was a block away from the beach, so went down to walk the beach several times and slept with the window open (on the second floor ) and listened to the waves at night.

Found a few old machines...a Ruby...the machine was in perfect condition, in a parlor cabinet that also looked great, but the lid to the cabinet was gone! I passed at $95... a New Home in a coffin case, no slide plates/shuttle, and no power source for $20...passed on that one too.

Good trip, and was good to get home!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Billy are you doing ok dealing with the Pemphigus Vulgaris? Is that still what the Dr's think you have? I really feel for you if that is what you have because I know first hand how nasty that disease can be . . . . we had a dog with that condition. I hope your Dr's are able to manage your symtoms so you are comfortable and able to do the things you want/need to do! Like I said, if you do have Pemphigus Vulgaris, I know what you must be going through - and I really feel for you! None of the auto-immune diseases are much fun!

Nancy
    Oh yeah I have Pemphigus Vulgaris and it is far from fun, I am already on my 4th or 5th bout with secondary infections. This time I bumped my elbow on something while I was out and I thought I had put enough rubbing alcohol and neosporin on it but now my arm is swelled twice its size and is red as ever. The doctors tell me that I can die just as easily from the secondary infections as I can from the disease by itself. So I have to be very careful as to what I do now.

Billy

Billy, it is so nice to see that you are able to join us again. We have missed you. You take good care of yourself
    and listen and obey the doctors. Kathie