Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sewing-Room-Deco...efaultDomain_0

It's Back.....We still have a chance to pick up this beauty :lol:
Old 08-19-2010, 04:27 PM

My DH said those people ought to be tared and feathered. Most awful thing to do to a cute little girl like her. :hunf: :thumbdown:
Old 08-19-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
My DH said those people ought to be tared and feathered. Most awful thing to do to a cute little girl like her. :hunf: :thumbdown:
Could this possibly ever be restored???
Old 08-19-2010, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
I just finished reading the description again and I can't believe that this person actually place her in the ocean/sea to have mother nature create a type of reef crust on her or barnacles and took her out of the water so that she wouldn't rust!! and then he added shells to her all over.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:43 PM

I was thinking that too. Even if I had to get a new paint job it would be worth 25.00 but she has a reserve and proly thinks its worth gold
Old 08-19-2010, 04:44 PM

[quote=Crossstitcher]Well Guys and Gals, I am doing a happy dance tonight. DH and I just won this on E bay. Can't wait to get her home. Will call her Diana. Suppose to be the same size as the FW. I think she sure is pretty. Going to put her in an orphan cabinet. Here's a few pic.[/quot

Ebay has one on there that is the same machine and decals only it has Cinderella on it. It is also not in as good shape as yours. They were wanting $89 for it I think.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:44 PM

I just finished reading the description again and I can't believe that this person actually place her in the ocean/sea to have mother nature create a type of reef crust on her or barnacles and took her out of the water so that she wouldn't rust!! and then he added shells to her all over.

I didnt read that part
:shock:
Old 08-19-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts

I didnt read that part
:shock:
He says is very poetically.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
UGHHHH
So I went to make my first quilt on the treadle red eye that I got last week.
I have sewed on it everyday pretty much but just practice things you know a piece of fabric and off I go.

Well tonight it wants to start acting up.

First the bobbin keeps getting stuck. Well not the bobbin but the thread. Like I can not pull the tread out.
When I get it going again I sew for a little bit and then it sticks again and puckers up the fabric.

Now the belt keeps slipping.
It happened the first night I had the treadle and I tightened the belt as it was REALLY loose. But I looked at it and its not loose (well a little but no more then it should be).

Anyone one have any suggestions?
I was really looking forward to making my first quilt on the treadle.

I have oiled it and wiped it down but it looks in good shape no gunk build up.
It was used by an older lady till she past away so it has not been stored long.
The belt will stretch after you put it on and you will have to adjust it several times during the course of use after you put it on.

The bobbin sounds like the thread is not seating in the bobbin case tension spring try to reinstall the bobbin and route the thread correctly and you should be good.

Billy
Old 08-19-2010, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

The belt will stretch after you put it on and you will have to adjust it several times during the course of use after you put it on.

The bobbin sounds like the thread is not seating in the bobbin case tension spring try to reinstall the bobbin and route the thread correctly and you should be good.

Billy

Thanks Billy
I dont know what the issue was with the belt. I put the new treadle head on the base (same belt) and it works fine.

The bobbin is inserted and drawn through right. It just gets stuck not always but enough to make it a pain.
I will probably have to dissect it someday and figure it out.
Maybe I will take a pic and diagram it to show you. I am horrible at explaining