Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-20-2010, 04:32 AM

This is still for sale if anyone in my area is looking...
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/fuo/1908489991.html
It's a FW table.

Jenna
Old 08-20-2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
It's a FW table.

Jenna
Doesn't that one look like a 301 table?? I could well be wrong, but the opening looks bigger to me.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
It's a FW table.

Jenna
Doesn't that one look like a 301 table?? I could well be wrong, but the opening looks bigger to me.
I am with you on this one I think it is for a 301, nice find though not many of those seen in the wild!!

Spot on observation Miz Johnny:thumbup:

Billy
Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 AM

well, took my youngest daughter off to college yesterday. So I thought today I would do something for me. Well, somehow I ended up with a treadle in the back of my car. So wanted to share with you guys and see if I got a good deal. I know it is going to need some work, but since all the kids have left the nest, I have loads of time. :-) Oh and I only paid $65.

Serial Y9105020
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100486[/ATTACH]

Veneer is coming off at the right front corner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100487[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-100480.jpe   attachment-100481.jpe   attachment-100482.jpe  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 AM

Very nice! It will be beautiful all shined up.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by jackkip
well, took my youngest daughter off to college yesterday. So I thought today I would do something for me. Well, somehow I ended up with a treadle in the back of my car. So wanted to share with you guys and see if I got a good deal. I know it is going to need some work, but since all the kids have left the nest, I have loads of time. :-) Oh and I only paid $65.
I have one of these cabinets (with wooden straight legs), and it is my favorite to sew on. I switch heads in and out depending on what I'm sewing. I can't tell on yours, but mine has a bigger than usual treadle wheel--gives it a little more "umpf"!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:03 AM

I agree nice machine and will be pretty all cleaned up. I like the cabinet never saw one with the legs like that. But for 65.00 can't beat it with a pepperment stick. :thumbup:
Old 08-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Banned

I think you did wonderful on the deal, and its a late style treadle so I am guessing some where in the early 30's maybe. I cant remember when they stopped using the spoked wheel for the 66.

Billy
Old 08-20-2010, 11:19 AM

Abby,
Are you using new bobbins? I was having problems with the bobbins I bought at Joann's, some of the bobbins were
not made quite right. I found that original vintage bobbins seemed to work just fine in my Singer 201k treadle.
Sharon W.

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Originally Posted by Lostn51

The belt will stretch after you put it on and you will have to adjust it several times during the course of use after you put it on.

The bobbin sounds like the thread is not seating in the bobbin case tension spring try to reinstall the bobbin and route the thread correctly and you should be good.

Billy

Thanks Billy
I dont know what the issue was with the belt. I put the new treadle head on the base (same belt) and it works fine.

The bobbin is inserted and drawn through right. It just gets stuck not always but enough to make it a pain.
I will probably have to dissect it someday and figure it out.
Maybe I will take a pic and diagram it to show you. I am horrible at explaining
Old 08-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Abby,
Are you using new bobbins? I was having problems with the bobbins I bought at Joann's, some of the bobbins were
not made quite right. I found that original vintage bobbins seemed to work just fine in my Singer 201k treadle.
Sharon W.
Sharon makes a great point here, in the older machines you need to use the metal bobbins and sometimes they are not quite up to snuff. I think I have found 5 or 6 of the class 15 bobbins that were not right and had to toss them so when you are dealing in aftermarket items you can run across this.

But rule of thumb is metal bobbins in vintage older machine and the plastic in the newer machines.

Billy