Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Glad it's working for you now. :lol:
Old 09-09-2010, 09:16 PM

Billy,
I have a chance to buy a Vinder treadle machine. I've never heard of it before but it's in a cabinet and in pretty good condition. It's going to be sold at an auction next week and I'm wondering what a fair price would be for it.
~Deb~
Old 09-10-2010, 05:55 AM

WOW! I am so impressed! I just hemmed a pair of jeans with my Singer 27 1913 machine and it just went through that flat felt seam like it was nothing! There was no bunching, no skipping stiches, no long stitches after I came down off that flat felt like you would have with a regular modern sewing machine! It didn't even act like it cared that I went from easy sewing to that flat felt mound to go through! Geeze, I have a $7,000 machine that can't do what I just did on my treadle that I paid $45 for at an estate sale!

Sorry, I had to tell someone!

Nancy
Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 AM

Don't be sorry Nancy.
We're glad you were able to do that with such a simple machine. Just think 50+ years ago that was all they had. No auto thread cutter, no auto threader, you had to anchor your stiching yourself.
I felt just the opposite day before yesterday when I sewed on my friends new modern machine. I'm looking for the latch to let the foot down and she says "it is at your knee". :shock:
I sew on a FW. nuf said... :lol:
Glad that you are enjoying your new "toy" :wink:
:XD:
Old 09-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
WOW! I am so impressed! I just hemmed a pair of jeans with my Singer 27 1913 machine and it just went through that flat felt seam like it was nothing! There was no bunching, no skipping stiches, no long stitches after I came down off that flat felt like you would have with a regular modern sewing machine! It didn't even act like it cared that I went from easy sewing to that flat felt mound to go through! Geeze, I have a $7,000 machine that can't do what I just did on my treadle that I paid $45 for at an estate sale!

Sorry, I had to tell someone!

Nancy
And this my friends is another convert.........;)

Welcome aboard the SS Treadle!!!

Billy
Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 AM

I like that. I am part of the SS Treadle gang.:thumbup:

Blessings,
Sandi
Old 09-10-2010, 07:15 AM

Billy I think you have another convert on you hands.

Since I made my puppy quilt on the treadle. I have not touched my electric thingy mabob machines. I have only been sewing on the treadle.

I now prefer it. If i could only get the FMQ right on it I would be set. :mrgreen:
Old 09-10-2010, 08:15 AM

Remeber the machine I got on e-bay that came cracked? The seller did agree to refund all monies. To date he has only refunded my purchase price, states he refunded the S & H to Paypal and when I open the link to that it is an old Paypal page that apparently he has bookmarked and is now debunked, so no money there, no refund to bank account, no to Paypal, have messaged him twice with no response, so opened a dispute. I have passed up three machines on e-bay I wanted until this is settled. We agreed to not leave any feedback on each other after we made agreement everything would be taken care of. Now am ready to leave that negative feedback since re renigged on his part. What ya think?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Deb G
Billy,
I have a chance to buy a Vinder treadle machine. I've never heard of it before but it's in a cabinet and in pretty good condition. It's going to be sold at an auction next week and I'm wondering what a fair price would be for it.
~Deb~
Probably a Vindex, a machine from the National Sewing Machine Company.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Remeber the machine I got on e-bay that came cracked? The seller did agree to refund all monies. To date he has only refunded my purchase price, states he refunded the S & H to Paypal and when I open the link to that it is an old Paypal page that apparently he has bookmarked and is now debunked, so no money there, no refund to bank account, no to Paypal, have messaged him twice with no response, so opened a dispute. I have passed up three machines on e-bay I wanted until this is settled. We agreed to not leave any feedback on each other after we made agreement everything would be taken care of. Now am ready to leave that negative feedback since re renigged on his part. What ya think?
Did you go thru ebay or privately with customer.
complain to paupal and Ebay. Don't let him get away with it.