Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-06-2010, 11:41 AM

has anyone bought machines from Shopgoodwill.com? They have several that seem to be a good deal.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:51 AM

I was just sharing what I found in my area. I'm surprised at how much people are asking for some of these machines. I guess they think just because they are old that they are worth a fortune. Some are very pretty, but I have no intentions of buying any more machines right now.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:16 PM

[/quote]

Annaquilts:

We have this exact cabinet with a 301. DH is taller. Let me ask with lunch. Also I wonder if you can lift it if you want it taller. DH did this with our 66 treadle cabinet so now it is almost 3 inches up. A little under one inch on the bottom and about two inches above the top of the metal stand. He put small wooden blocks on the top of the metal stand and lifted the whole top and machine that way nearly 2 inches. No belt yet but it is more comfortable petalling.[/quote]

Hey Annaquilts,

I was thinking of lifting it. Probably would have to make a little U shaped platform with the middle cut out for "me". I noticed Billy has his treadle station on a raised platform. Something like that might work.

Aardie.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by jackkip
has anyone bought machines from Shopgoodwill.com? They have several that seem to be a good deal.
Yes, I bought my Husqvarna Viking Automatic Model 21 from shopgoodwill.com for a great price. My machine was shipped from one of their Oregon locations. When I paid I also sent a special request to them to pack it very carefully so that it would not get damaged during transit to Georgia. I received a reply from the store's assistant manager that they would take special care with it. My machine included a case but they packed it in a much larger box loaded with bubble wrap and packing peanuts and it arrived in excellent condition without a bump or bruise. I was very pleased with the transaction and would definitely do business with them again. The only thing that you have to remember is that items are sold as is with no guarantee as to their functionality. They always have quite a few sewing machines that catch my attention and do not overprice them as much as they do on other auction sites. Happy bidding!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
Look how pretty!!!
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/fuo/1882577175.html

I just don't have enough money for all these great machines!!!
For that one? I'd JUMP on it!!!! You don't see the MOPs very often...Billy is getting one from across the pond....they're that rare!
I am fixing to call about that one, if I get it anyone want to go pick it up and hold it for me? That is a different pattern than the one I have coming. But that is a good price I just hope to get a better price!!

Billy
Old 08-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

Been searching CL today. Billy came across this one. thought you might want to see it, since you are into the Japanese machines.

http://collegestation.craigslist.org...877050960.html
I can have way too much fun with that name!!!

Billy
Old 08-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arty1
Got the machine! This little box with attachments came with it... what do you think of it? Is the box worth anything?
Yes it is and the funny thing is that I have one now (thank you Darcene :) )and the stupid thing will not fit in my treadle drawers. It is a lot bigger than it looks I will say that. But on average they go for around $25 to $30 a pop depending on the condition of them.

Billy
Old 08-06-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Look how pretty!!!

For that one? I'd JUMP on it!!!! You don't see the MOPs very often...Billy is getting one from across the pond....they're that rare!
I am fixing to call about that one, if I get it anyone want to go pick it up and hold it for me? That is a different pattern than the one I have coming. But that is a good price I just hope to get a better price!!

Billy
OK, Billy, I just spoke to DH Stephen. He said that if you decide to get this machine, he'll go down to Candler Park in ATL to pick it up for you. We'll be happy to keep it here for you until you are ready to pick it up. Just let me know and we'll work out the details.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:08 PM

Look how pretty!!!

Billy
Very pretty machine we hope you get it. :thumbup:
Old 08-06-2010, 03:19 PM

Been searching CL today. Billy came across this one. thought you might want to see it, since you are into the Japanese machines.

http://collegestation.craigslist.org...877050960.html
I can have way too much fun with that name!!!

Billy
I knew you would like it

:lol: