Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-08-2010, 05:27 PM

Miz Johnny, do you have any idea what year it was alloted and where?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grannysewer
Here's her picture, thought you might be able to tell me something about her. There's no light, but the plug has a place for one.
Oh its is nice!! The company that badged the dressmakers made an excellent machine!! I can get you the light fixture for the machine and it will mount and plug in in the right spot and all. PM me if you want one I have them in stock.

Billy
Old 08-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Joyce
Quilterguy27, I guess I am out of the loop.
What kind of surgery did you have? It sounds like you had a bypass, am I right? If so, how long has it been if you don't mind my asking?
I am not just being nosy. I went through that procedure the first of the year.
My very best to you whatever it was that you had done.
No bypass. I had Mitral Valve Repair surgery. I'd like to hope I'm too young for bipass (that's not to say you are old). I'm 47. I had the surgery on July 27th of this year. Almost 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the well wishes. I will take what I can get. I hope to be back to my old "NEW" self within the next 4 to 6 weeks. Everything seems to be on track so far.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by no1jan
Hmn--according to the Singer site, it's a 27 allotted on January 16, 1902. I was thrown by the bobbin winder, but when I went back and looked at your photo, I see that there is a place for a bobbin winder on the bottom of the pillar. For some reason, a new one has been installed at the top! You never know what you're going to find.

Vibrating shuttle machines tend to live up to their names, and do best run at slower speeds, i.e., in a treadle or with a crank. You can use them as electrics, but they like to "walk" across the table!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:57 PM

That's it...from now on I am shopping with Jan!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
That's it...from now on I am shopping with Jan!
Believe me, it's not alway good. I got burned last week on a Singer.

But the more people the more the fun! Come on up to upstate NY and be my guest!

I haven't even looked at the other machine. It is one of the newer types you know zig-zag!!! I like the old ones, something that makes me look young! Whatever I can't use, I usually give away probably to the Senior Center since they were so wonderful with the Siggie Swap. They were a lifesaver!

The other one has cams which I know nothing about! But it seems to be in good shape. Haven't tried sewing with it yet.

You should see my kitchen right now. I have stuff all over the place. Thank goodness no company tonight. I hope a couple of quilting buddies will come over and help me out.

I am supposed to pick up some scraps from a woman I know tomorrow. They are small, leftovers from an Accuquilt Pro.

If anyone knows of any person that needs scraps and can really use them not sell them, let me know. I have no problem sharing as long as they don't try and make a profit from it. I would rather it go to someone who really needs it!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Originally Posted by Joyce
Quilterguy27, I guess I am out of the loop.
What kind of surgery did you have? It sounds like you had a bypass, am I right? If so, how long has it been if you don't mind my asking?
I am not just being nosy. I went through that procedure the first of the year.
My very best to you whatever it was that you had done.
No bypass. I had Mitral Valve Repair surgery. I'd like to hope I'm too young for bipass (that's not to say you are old). I'm 47. I had the surgery on July 27th of this year. Almost 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the well wishes. I will take what I can get. I hope to be back to my old "NEW" self within the next 4 to 6 weeks. Everything seems to be on track so far.
My thoughts and prayers are with you! Hope for a fast and long lasting recovery!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Hmn--according to the Singer site, it's a 27 allotted on January 16, 1902. I was thrown by the bobbin winder, but when I went back and looked at your photo, I see that there is a place for a bobbin winder on the bottom of the pillar. For some reason, a new one has been installed at the top! You never know what you're going to find.

Vibrating shuttle machines tend to live up to their names, and do best run at slower speeds, i.e., in a treadle or with a crank. You can use them as electrics, but they like to "walk" across the table!
I was wondering if it had been refurbished. It's just too shiny and the plastic holding the cords don't seem to be that old. However, if it was a treadle or hand crank and was converted that might explain that.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Doug, I am glad to hear you're doing so well and being mindful of the what the doctor is telling you to do. Sometimes we are so impatient to get back to our normal activities we forget that our bodies need time to heal even tho we feel so much better. Keep us posted on your recovery and quilting status.

Judy
Old 08-08-2010, 07:02 PM

I went to a garage sale today and was looking at material. When the woman asked me if I sewed, I told her I was a new quilter and fell into it. I then saw that she had 2 machines and asked how much she wanted. Before I knew it I had 3 boxes of material and craft items and 2 machines for (don't fall over)!!!

$1.00 :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D :shock: :shock:
Jan, you did great! Remember God blesses those who care for those less fortunate. Enjoy that beautiful machine.