Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-01-2011, 02:44 PM

Quliting cowgirl. They may have their snow but we sure have had our share of fog. I am as tired of it as I am sure that you are.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:58 PM

Sewbiz...thank you so much for all the info! I never even thought of silver polish. That should top it off on the ones with that silver front. I won't be able to get out tomorrow, snow is going to be really bad. Looks like we might be getting a mix..snow , ice etc....A day to stay in.
I can start washing more of my recent cloth purchases. I have even learned that here...go to Thrift stores..etc..
I hope you all know how great this Quilting Board is. I know you do . Tuts, this talk here on machines , folks showing their work ...and so much more. It's amazing!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:14 PM

Am I correct in thinking this is a Model 99? It is for sale on CL with a cabinet for only $40.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-127395.jpe  
Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Dangit, within two minutes of posting my remark about treadling when the power goes out, our power went out!! We are too far south for the snowstorms (usually...) but we had a huge torential downpour and wind. Power just came back on. While it was off I fired up a Coleman lantern and started playing around with my GOJO hand cleaner on my 66 Lotus. I *thought* I had already gotten it clean, but the GOJO brought off tons more black stuff. My decals really brightened up, the gold parts anyway. The flowers of my lotuses continued to look pretty brown after cleaning, tho the decals are glowing more now than previously. Do you think I could possibly have a brown Lotus? Pictures below, the first without flash is how it really looks. The flash picture really makes the flowers look red.
I like your lotus, I have a brown one made in Prussia in 1908. Picked up on the street in Germany in in 1978 on trash day. I use mine nearly everyday. Glenn
Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Am I correct in thinking this is a Model 99? It is for sale on CL with a cabinet for only $40.
Sure looks like one... in super nice cosmetic condition. I'd snatch it up! Those are a nice little 3/4 size.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn
I like your lotus, I have a brown one made in Prussia in 1908. Picked up on the street in Germany in in 1978 on trash day. I use mine nearly everyday. Glenn
WOW! Mine was made in 1908, too, but in America. It has the old back clamping attachments, but I don't care. I will probably only ever straight st. with it, anyway. It's got a ton of attachments but they look like Greek to me!

;)
Old 02-01-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Sure looks like one... in super nice cosmetic condition. I'd snatch it up! Those are a nice little 3/4 size.
Unfortunately I am looking for a 15 or a 301. Need a vertical bobbin case, full size machine, & feed dog drop for optimum FMQ. The gal didn't post any pictures with her ad, so we've been e-mailing back and forth. Now after all that I get to tell her I don't want it. Maybe I will post a link here to her ad in case anyone in Calif is interested.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
If Billy taught me anything it was to use my machines and use them right. I have a 66 made in 1908 and use everyday and I do not think I can break it unless I throw it off a two story building. :lol: Glenn
Whatever it lands on will not fare too well !![/quote]

Tommie, you are right about that...I pitty the person on the receiving end of that sewing machine. :lol: Glenn
Old 02-01-2011, 03:28 PM

Here's the ad if anyone is interested: http://fresno.craigslist.org/atq/2190179581.html

And the pics she e-mailed me. I told her I was going to post a link here on QuiltingBoard.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-127737.jpe   attachment-127738.jpe  
Old 02-01-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
WOW! Mine was made in 1908, too, but in America. It has the old back clamping attachments, but I don't care. I will probably only ever straight st. with it, anyway. It's got a ton of attachments but they look like Greek to me!

;)
sewbiz, If you go to my post you can see a pic of my lotus. Glenn