Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Dangit, within two minutes of posting my remark about treadling when the power goes out, our power went out...... Do you think I could possibly have a brown Lotus? Pictures below, the first without flash is how it really looks. The flash picture really makes the flowers look red.
That is a Brown Lotus in all of its glory!!!

Billy
Old 02-01-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I like your lotus, I have a brown one made in Prussia in 1908. Picked up on the street in Germany in in 1978 on trash day. I use mine nearly everyday. Glenn
WOW! Mine was made in 1908, too, but in America. It has the old back clamping attachments, but I don't care. I will probably only ever straight st. with it, anyway. It's got a ton of attachments but they look like Greek to me!

;)
I have all the attachments for mine to. I use the binder, ruffler and the hemmers the most. Others I will never use in my quilting. Glenn
Old 02-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Originally Posted by Pins n' Ndls
Here in Saugus, just outside of Boston, we have tons and tons of snow. It just never stops !! Picnic table on the deck has at least 3 feet of snow on it now and we have snow falling now with a biggie following this one. Mercy please !!!
I was in Sommersville, Mass the other day, right beside Boston. I couldnt the believe the snow. I am used to country and we get alot of snow here but the roads are pushed back...and there is room.. the driveway barely had width for a car.. you had a hard time coming up through the streets...main road was ok.. Bless you getting around
Somerville is really city, we are in the suburbs so it isn't quite as bad here. We have a six car driveway but right now holds maybe four. My husband is a snow shoveling NUT ! He is 79 next month but you cannot stop him. I call him my snowman. DD is almost as bad as her father but I can't shovel due to my health and age.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

Well kids I am going to go pick up a machine I bought on CL today. An Eldridge "B" with the coffin top cabinet and is supposed to have all of the accessories with it. I am hoping I can clean this one up and make a nice edition to my collection. It is going to need a lot of love but I think I can do it. but I have a back log of machines that need cleaning that are mine but as usual they will sit on the back burner until I get the customers out of the way!

Billy
Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well kids I am going to go pick up a machine I bought on CL today. An Eldridge "B" with the coffin top cabinet and is supposed to have all of the accessories with it. Billy
Oh, Oh, Billy ! Pics Pics
Old 02-01-2011, 04:12 PM

I like your lotus, I have a brown one made in Prussia in 1908. Picked up on the street in Germany in in 1978 on trash day. I use mine nearly everyday. Glenn
WOW! Mine was made in 1908, too, but in America. It has the old back clamping attachments, but I don't care. I will probably only ever straight st. with it, anyway. It's got a ton of attachments but they look like Greek to me!

;)
I own two brown lotus, both have the back clamp. One is a 1907 from New Jersey, and the other 1914 from Kilbowie Scotland. Both make beautiful stitches. I did the piecing of a pin-wheel baby quilt for my niece with the 1907 machine.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by Donna Mare
I need to find out where to get that SoJo!!!! Desperately!

You need to get GOJO. Your machines are nice have fun with them. Most Auto stores carry it. It's a hand cleaner for getting grease and grim off. Get the one without the grit in it.

Opps Sewbizgirl beat me to it. :mrgreen:
Make sure its the type without pumice or it will take decals and paint off.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Well kids I am going to go pick up a machine I bought on CL today. An Eldridge "B" with the coffin top cabinet and is supposed to have all of the accessories with it. Billy
Yes, I would like to see a picture of your new treasure too.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomilu
I will as soon as I get back from getting it. I will leave in 15 to 20 minutes and will be back in an hour or so. It is a neat machine I will say that but where to put it is what has me wondering. I have 3 that need to come in the house........

Billy
Old 02-01-2011, 04:23 PM

;)
I have all the attachments for mine to. I use the binder, ruffler and the hemmers the most. Others I will never use in my quilting. Glenn
I read some gals blog, she uses some of her attachments in her sewing of clothes. You are the second person that has stated that they use theirs. One of my goals this year is to clean up my attachments and see how they work. I plan to take pictures and post on my blog. I don't have any attachments the fit the 66-1, but I do have attachments that work for the 201 and 15-90. Also have attachments for the Davis NVF.