Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-02-2011, 09:18 AM

Here is the NB shot of the beds up close.
The brown lotus
http://needlebar.org/main~nb/singdecs/26a/index.html

lotus
http://needlebar.org/main~nb/singdecs/26/index.html[/quote]

Wow, thanks for the link, I have a brown lotus treadle, too. I've learned so much on this board, thanks Billy for bringing us all together.
Jane (snowed in, in Chicago!:)
Old 02-02-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Ok..when the snow is over, I get to go up north a bit to look at 2 more machines. Have a pic of one.. the lady had someone give them to her and she just pretty much wants them gone. The no pic one is a "japanese zigzag in a table"
The other is this singer, not working, in a box. I looked this up by the number and it's 1936.
Sweet thats a nice 201!!!

Billy
She said it doesn't work. She wants 20 for it. Whatcha think?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:39 AM

Thanx Nancy. You are a great help. All you guys are so encouraging. This is such a wonderful group. You guys are soothing a hurt that I've had for 8 yrs. since my mother passed away. Thank you so much! luv2learn
Old 02-02-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Thanx Nancy. You are a great help. All you guys are so encouraging. This is such a wonderful group. You guys are soothing a hurt that I've had for 8 yrs. since my mother passed away. Thank you so much! luv2learn
<<<HUGS>>>
Old 02-02-2011, 09:48 AM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy,
I put my Mother's beloved Pfaff 130 away for now. Put my Koala cabinet in one of our storage units -- then moved the 15-88 in the sewing room! I can now piece with the 15-88! So exciting!

I think Mom would be ok with this as she use to sew on a treadle as a young lady! I wish I knew which one!

Nancy

Do you have a shelf in the sewing room? Just take the Pfaff 130 head out of cabinet and decorate a shelf with it. You got to keep that Pfaff in the room too.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Cowgirl, I am just a few miles north of Sacramento. You are welcome here to try out a treadle. Kathie
Kathie - I may take you up on that offer...once the fog lifts! :) I'm several hours south in Fresno & try to stay off the highway this time of year. But once my sun comes out...
You should go knock on Donna Kohler's door. She lives in Fresno. Dang, I would!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Cowgirl, I am just a few miles north of Sacramento. You are welcome here to try out a treadle. Kathie
Kathie - I may take you up on that offer...once the fog lifts! :) I'm several hours south in Fresno & try to stay off the highway this time of year. But once my sun comes out...
You should go knock on Donna Kohler's door. She lives in Fresno. Dang, I would!
I just Googled her. She's like the Queen of Treadle. I'm a newbie to quilting so had no clue who she is. However, from what I saw, she seems like someone I want to get to know! Will be spending some more time checking out her website - has calendar of events & will have to see if there is a time/place where I might be able to go see her.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:39 AM

lovetolearn, the link wont work for me, could u possibly repost or pm it to me? unless its just that i am using this dang cell phone. snowed in in michigan!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:47 AM

Ha, ha! Come on now, a bag of dog food weighs more than these machine heads...[/quote] from sewbizgirl

My little 128 is very close. It weighs in at 29 pounds and the dog food I use comes in 30 pound bags. The machine seems heavier because it's so dense.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Wow Sharon loved your Webshots. How many FW's do you have? I think I counted 4 or 5? You even have a FW table! I loved the dog pictures too! I don't think I could do what you did with the treadle -- I am not that innovative.
Nancy
Nancy,
Thank you for your kind words.
At one time I had 5 FWs. I've sold 5 and since bought 3 more, for a total of 3 now. I think the tan FW was the one I wanted most of all. I learned how to remove and clean tension disks, they were rusty on the tan FW. I found the FW table at a high school yard sale, it had no insert and was being sold for $.50! I was generous and gave $5.
The lady taking money, just couldn't understand why anyone would want an old holey table that was all scratched up. Dh assured her that he could patch that hole and refinish it. I didn't do the happy dance until after we got in the truck and down the road. :lol:
Between DH and I we figured out we could put the Singer top on the Elgin irons. The other people in Treadle On had done the same thing, so we figured it was doable. Its called a Franken-treadle. :-D
Sharon