Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-12-2010, 02:48 PM

Look at this.. http://macon.craigslist.org/fuo/1895202998.html

Is this a recently made, but looks old, machine? There is no model num or anything listed.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Originally Posted by Lostn51
I am crossing my fingers hopping you get it!!

Billy
Me too, cause here's the plan. If I do get it for what I offered, maybe I can sell it for more and then I will have the money to send you my 1948 for a repaint in my all time favorite color: ORANGE! I'm still looking at vehicles for ideas. I'm kinda thinking of the PT Cruiser. What do you think of this one? Is it even an option? Also, I believe I mentioned black decals. Do they come in white? Is white even an option (custom maybe). Boy, watch that price go up.
I got it! I got it! I got it! He accepted my offer. Woo Hoo! Now I just need to meet up with him and make the exchange. I'm so excited I'm about to jump right out of my skin. Woo Hoo!! Oh, did I say I was excited?
Old 08-12-2010, 03:46 PM

Wow, way to go. I am so excited for you. So are you going to try to sell it? Or keep it?
Old 08-12-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga

Is this a recently made, but looks old, machine? There is no model num or anything listed.
I always wonder why sellers show the back of the machine, don't you? Did you email or call the person and ask for a model number? :-D
Old 08-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

Okay. Billy! I just posted a new topic question about treadle machines then not one minute later saw your post. How wonderful to find you. I think treadle sewing is a cult and once you start...
My problem is getting the leather belt tight enough. What's the trick? My machine is in perfect running condition. I picked it up for $100 at an antique shop. my research says it's from around 1900 but alot of records around that time were lost in a fire in Germany. She's a Singer # 05863299. The 0 may be a C. She was well used and loved for a long time and I want to keep her going! Thanks for any help you can share.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:03 PM

Nice to hear about everyone's new machines. I'm on a machine diet myself, but am cleaning out my basement, so keep finding ones I'd forgotten I have or just haven't seen for a while. It's like Christmas without the wrapping paper.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Nice to hear about everyone's new machines. I'm on a machine diet myself, but am cleaning out my basement, so keep finding ones I'd forgotten I have or just haven't seen for a while. It's like Christmas without the wrapping paper.
A 'machine diet', that's what I will call it. I have purchased two machines this week and feel I should stop looking for anymore for quite a while. Thanks Miz Johnny for naming what I am doing! :-D :-D
Old 08-12-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

I always wonder why sellers show the back of the machine, don't you? Did you email or call the person and ask for a model number? :-D
The singer is the one I was wondering about. I have e-mailed the seller and she is going to look at the box to see what info she can find out about it. This machine has never even been out of the box!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

The singer is the one I was wondering about. I have e-mailed the seller and she is going to look at the box to see what info she can find out about it. This machine has never even been out of the box!!!
It's a modern reproduction. I almost bought one back about 20 years ago. They were being sold with a hand crank, and at that time I had only heard about hand cranks, and was really wanting one. Luckily, I couldn't afford it, and didn't buy. The quality is not that of the old ones. It's probably the "Nostalgia Model 25".

BTW, AllBrands has them new for $99. I'm sure you could find one cheaper if you MUST buy one!!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
It's a modern reproduction. I almost bought one back about 20 years ago. They were being sold with a hand crank, and at that time I had only heard about hand cranks, and was really wanting one. Luckily, I couldn't afford it, and didn't buy. The quality is not that of the old ones. It's probably the "Nostalgia Model 25".

BTW, AllBrands has them new for $99. I'm sure you could find one cheaper if you MUST buy one!!
Thank you for that information. I was wondering if it was a reproduction (couldn't think of that word at the time).

Jenna