Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jackkip
Well, this came to live at my house today. Found her on Ebay and she arrived in good shape. Did some very minor clean up and she is good as new. The only problems I have found is the handle is missing on the case and the belt is slipping. Nothing major. I didn't think I would ever own a little beauty like this.

Her Serial number is EV955299. When I looked it up, it says that number should be a 328K. I have read the charts wrong before, so can someone check it. Am I looking at the wrong one?

Also any suggestions on Names? I have never named a machine before, but I think this beauty needs one. :-)
Oh she is a pretty thing!! The only thing about those numbers is that sometime Singer listed them wrong and through the factories history you will find out that every once in a while they will put the wrong model number with the serial.

Billy
Old 08-26-2010, 11:34 AM

ok, thought I was looking at the wrong chart. It wouldn't of been the first time... :oops:
Old 08-26-2010, 11:36 AM

Also any suggestions on Names? I have never named a machine before, but I think this beauty needs one. :-)
You could name her Lucky.... Oh wait thats the owners name :P

I dont know of a name but she sure is pretty.

My mom had a featherweight when I was a kid. She never sewed on it and I have no clue what happened to it. Wish she would have saved it for me. But ohh well I will find one one day that wants to come home with me
Old 08-26-2010, 11:40 AM

Well, this came to live at my house today. Found her on Ebay and she arrived in good shape. Did some very minor clean up and she is good as new. The only problems I have found is the handle is missing on the case and the belt is slipping. Nothing major. I didn't think I would ever own a little beauty like this.

Her Serial number is EV955299. When I looked it up, it says that number should be a 328K. I have read the charts wrong before, so can someone check it. Am I looking at the wrong one?

Jackie, how about Eve or Eva based off of the serial number?
Congratulations....you are going to be amazed when you sit down to sew with her....these are the most wonderful little workhorses....
Old 08-26-2010, 12:03 PM

Jackie, how about Eve or Eva based off of the serial number?
Congratulations....you are going to be amazed when you sit down to sew with her....these are the most wonderful little workhorses....[/quote]

Ohhhh Darcene, You had to say that!!! Now I want one!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

Aaaahhhh she is darling! I just aquired one too and have not named her yet but she definitely looks like the sister of your machine. Enjoy!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:13 PM

Hows about Snow White?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:18 PM

She is a beauty! I have had 2 white Featherweights, kinda miss them now.
I have a tan and 3 black FWs now, they all sew great.
Sharon
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplefiend
She is a beauty! I have had 2 white Featherweights, kinda miss them now.
I have a tan and 3 black FWs now, they all sew great.
Sharon
She is gorgeous, just like my Connie that came into my life earlier this summer. I have just acquired a buttonholer to go with mine. Didn't need it, as I have two Berninas, but it kinda 'goes' with the zig zagger I got earlier!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:08 PM

I didn't realized that I'll be in trouble when I stopped in this shop! You guys are bad influence. I've been looking into vintage sewing machine for the last two days since I've been looking into this thread. :lol: :lol: