Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jackkip
Here is an elna on CL. Wish I lived closer and I would be checking this one out.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/hsh/1918491685.html
Oh torture. How come these green machines are all out of my area. LOL
Old 08-25-2010, 04:12 PM

DH and I went to several Antique stores today and guess what followed us home. It was in the back of the truck before we knew it. Have been looking at these on e bay for a while and found this in our own state. Only paid $40.00 for it better than e bay and no shipping. Plus has a beautiful cabinet just needs to be refinished. Hads lots of goodies in the drawers.

Minus the dust
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104343[/ATTACH]

All her jewelery
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104345[/ATTACH]

was born September 27,1916
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104346[/ATTACH]

will be easy to refinish there's no chips
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104348[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104338.jpe   attachment-104340.jpe   attachment-104341.jpe   attachment-104343.jpe  
Old 08-25-2010, 04:14 PM

Congrats Trish!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Very nice Trish! Good find.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
DH and I went to several Antique stores today and guess what followed us home. It was in the back of the truck before we knew it. Have been looking at these on e bay for a while and found this in our own state. Only paid $40.00 for it better than e bay and no shipping. Plus has a beautiful cabinet just needs to be refinished. Hads lots of goodies in the drawers.
Trish you did very well indeed! The decals look like they were just put on today, and other than the usual gunk and grime that looks like it will be just as nice if not nicer than the ones that Anne and I both have!!

Plus you have attachments.

Billy
Old 08-25-2010, 04:31 PM

Billy, We also found a Singer 319W today that if we didn't know better would have thought it was brand new. It was in a nice cabinet had all the attachments and manual. Never saw one like this before with the little levers on top. What I am getting at is what do you think this machine would be worth. Didn't get a serial #. You wouldn't beleive his shop you had to be very freindly to walk around in there so much stuff. He had a white rotary for $35.00 and newer singer color of green and cream. Maybe in the 50's They all looked good. But, had to unload them to see them.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:40 PM

Anna, you are the reason I bought this one. After seeing yours and how pretty it turned out I just had to have one. Hope when we get finished with Billy's tut. It will look as nice as yours and his. This thread sure can get a person in trouble. Glad Hubby likes these machines as much as I. He bought 3 over the weekend but haven't gotten pictures yet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:
Old 08-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Banned

Billy, We also found a Singer 319W today that if we didn't know better would have thought it was brand new. It was in a nice cabinet had all the attachments and manual. Never saw one like this before with the little levers on top. What I am getting at is what do you think this machine would be worth. Didn't get a serial #. You wouldn't beleive his shop you had to be very freindly to walk around in there so much stuff. He had a white rotary for $35.00 and newer singer color of green and cream. Maybe in the 50's They all looked good. But, had to unload them to see them.
The 319W is a melding of an industrial and domestic machine. It was a workhorse and a half!!!! I had one with all the accessories but I gave it away to my nieces MIL because hers was lost in a fire and was a wedding present from her inlaws that they bought brand new.

I will find one before its over with but its the whole aversion to electrical cords thing.......

Billy
Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 PM

Anna, you are the reason I bought this one. After seeing yours and how pretty it turned out I just had to have one. Hope when we get finished with Billy's tut. It will look as nice as yours and his. This thread sure can get a person in trouble. Glad Hubby likes these machines as much as I. He bought 3 over the weekend but haven't gotten pictures yet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:
I am so HAPPY for you and all the new treasures. I'm just glad that Billy was able to work his magic. :-P :-P :-P
Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 PM

For anyone who might be interested in a Singer - mother of pearl - sewing machine here is one still available in Columbia, SC. It looks like it would clean up rather nicely. I just wished I lived closer.

http://columbia.craigslist.org/atq/1865854107.html

BTW Kat Fish, I love your new fiddlebase and I think I have a copy of the model 12 manual that I could send you.

Judy