Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-29-2010, 08:18 PM

well it looks just like the one I got today but not in the table, free standing no case, mind this was my first day out looking for older machines. So give me time, I'll catch on, LOL
Old 07-29-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by mickey
That little red beauty is darling! Oh, there are so many I want to get. :-D
Old 07-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by leaha
Hi Billy, guess what I got today?
It came with 8 feet and 4 cams! and the book, and it works !! sounds OK to me, but it is not THE machine I really want, INtrested?
No Sorry.........

I am going to be giving my 500A away, I have an aversion to anything with an electrical cord. After getting my 500A I just look at it thinking it is taking up valuable space that can be used for a treadle.

Billy
Old 07-30-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by leaha
INtrested?
No Sorry.........

After getting my 500A I just look at it thinking it is taking up valuable space that can be used for a treadle.

Billy
Yesterday was my first day out looking for a older machine, I remembered the singer 500 from things I had read here on the board, so when I saw one at the shop and asked how much, well there was NO way I could pass it up. So it came home with me after I had parted with $10. for her! Now I have no idea on how to use her but guess I wiill learn,as going to have her in my studio for my students to use. And if I ever need to gather something this machine does have the gathering foot as well as the bias foot, and in the book it shows how to put bias on the edges of whatever. It is a nice heavy quite machine. So on and up! Still looking for my 2 dream machines, a FW and a Pfaff tredle. I will find them! Happy hunting!
Will post pictures as soon as my new camera comes, had to order a new one as mine just stooped dead, and even with changing to 3 sets of new batteries no workie! pooie!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

I am going to be giving my 500A away, I have an aversion to anything with an electrical cord. After getting my 500A I just look at it thinking it is taking up valuable space that can be used for a treadle.

Billy[/quote]

Raises her hand. I would be interested if you are serious. I have 8 daughters and some of my 6 sons quilt. It would be put to work around here.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 AM

Wow Leaha, you are looking for a Pfaff treadle! I love Pfaff's, I have 4 of them now -- no treadles! The oldest one I have is my Mom's 130 -- it is what I learned how to sew on. I too would love to have a Pfaff Treadle!

I am on my way right now to look at two Singer Treadles. The lady says one says on it 1892.

If any of you get a chance look at Craigs List for Sacramento, Ca # 1870546855. She wanted $100 each a couple weeks ago, lowered the price to $75 each last week, and now they are $50 each.

Nancy
Old 07-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Still looking for my 2 dream machines, a FW and a Pfaff tredle. I will find them! Happy hunting!
[/quote]

I saw a Pfaff treadle once for sale. Can't remember how much but it was lots. It was in super shape. I think that is what my grandmother had in Europe. Very pretty!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM

I have been looking at a model 27 Singer treadle. These pictures aren't clear but can anyone tell what the decal is? :-D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66310.jpe   attachment-68270.jpe   attachment-68271.jpe  
Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Has any one ever seen a machine like this one? It is listed on e bay. Price $1450.00.
I don't have the cash but I do have a perfect place for it in my home! Love the color and style!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

It looks like the sphinx decal. Part of that Egyptian thing Billy has mentioned.

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I have been looking at a model 27 Singer treadle. These pictures aren't clear but can anyone tell what the decal is? :-D