Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-08-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
And feel free to PM me also its just I wanted a nice little corner for all of those who love the vintage machines and use them!!!

EVERYONE is WELCOME!!!!

Billy
Hi, I have joined the crowd and purchased a FW. Mine was made in Elizabeth, NJ in 1946. It has a scroll face and the model # 221-1. My problem is I can't get the light bulb to turn. Very hard to get at as the whole thing is welded to the machine. The switch to turn it on is the same one to start the machine.
Also have another question, a corner of the case is damaged. The black cover is gone & you can see the wood. How can I repair this. :?:
Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 AM

Anne

Some of these are aren't the standard screw in type, some are an automobile style that you push in and turn a 1/4 turn counterclockwise. HTH's
Old 07-08-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Anne T
Originally Posted by Lostn51
And feel free to PM me also its just I wanted a nice little corner for all of those who love the vintage machines and use them!!!

EVERYONE is WELCOME!!!!

Billy
Hi, I have joined the crowd and purchased a FW. Mine was made in Elizabeth, NJ in 1946. It has a scroll face and the model # 221-1. My problem is I can't get the light bulb to turn. Very hard to get at as the whole thing is welded to the machine. The switch to turn it on is the same one to start the machine.
Also have another question, a corner of the case is damaged. The black cover is gone & you can see the wood. How can I repair this. :?:
The light bulb doesn't turn! Push in on it, and twist, it should come out. It's a "peg" type of bulb as opposed to being "threaded".
As for repairing the case? Someone else would have to tell you that...I'd have no clue other than recovering the whole case.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 AM

Help--Where is the Singer 327k serial number. I have looked everywhere and can see lots of part numbers, but no serial number.

Texas Jan
Old 07-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Help--Where is the Singer 327k serial number. I have looked everywhere and can see lots of part numbers, but no serial number.

Texas Jan
Underneath, left-hand side, part of the base/frame.

If you don't see it on the id plate top front right, then it most likely is underneath on the left-hand side under the bobbin area on the metal frame stamped into the metal. Look for number that starts with letters.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:52 AM

Did I waste my $5.00??? This Singer 327 followed me home from a garage sale. Anyone have a owners manual for this vintage one??
Texas Jan
I have a beige/brown 237 in a cabinet and I love it. See those two little holes to the right of the presser foot? That's where I attach my seam guide and it keeps my seams straight. My new plastic machines don't have the little holes. boo hoo
Old 07-08-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
It looks like you have quite a few back clamping (for 66-1) attachments; not sure what else. If you have trouble finding a 27 shuttle, let me know.
I'm going to be away for a couple of days; going off to Ohio to play machines with like-minded folk!!

Well, I finally took the time to look at the Singer 27 I picked up at an auction. Actually a friend picked it up for me. If I had been there I would have passed, but...
The bobbin shuttle is not for this machine....too long. It has tons of attachments probably not for this machine either. Patent dates on the plate say Dec 5 1882; Sept 22 1885; July 19 1887; Aug 21 1888; Jan 13, 1891.
Here are a couple pics:
Do you have a length I could go by? I have a couple machines with shuttles (none of them the size of the one that came in the puzzle box.
Also, I looks to me that some of these attachments are bent. At least it looks that way to me! The puzzle box is quite a piece of workmanship! It has places to insert attachments so they stay in place. Just wish I knew what belonged to this machine and what doesn't. There are tons of machine needles...again, not sure if they fit this machine. Look pretty small in my opinion. Also there is a plate that is narrower than this machines plate. Looks like it could fit my Davis. No manual for this machine, so will be looking for one. And the tension looks incomplete also. Need pictures of this to determine for sure.I think I forgot to say earlier that my 27 dates 2-6-1905!
Hope to find time this weekend to take a look at the 66 I have ...a 1926 date.
Randa, you can Google the part number stamp/imprinted in each part and type singer attachments after each number and 'usually' it will tell you what it is and then which machines they will work for. Hope that works for you.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:56 AM

It looks like you have quite a few back clamping (for 66-1) attachments; not sure what else. If you have trouble finding a 27 shuttle, let me know.
I'm going to be away for a couple of days; going off to Ohio to play machines with like-minded folk!!

Well, I finally took the time to look at the Singer 27 I picked up at an auction. Actually a friend picked it up for me. If I had been there I would have passed, but...
The bobbin shuttle is not for this machine....too long. It has tons of attachments probably not for this machine either. Patent dates on the plate say Dec 5 1882; Sept 22 1885; July 19 1887; Aug 21 1888; Jan 13, 1891.
Here are a couple pics:
Do you have a length I could go by? I have a couple machines with shuttles (none of them the size of the one that came in the puzzle box.
Also, I looks to me that some of these attachments are bent. At least it looks that way to me! The puzzle box is quite a piece of workmanship! It has places to insert attachments so they stay in place. Just wish I knew what belonged to this machine and what doesn't. There are tons of machine needles...again, not sure if they fit this machine. Look pretty small in my opinion. Also there is a plate that is narrower than this machines plate. Looks like it could fit my Davis. No manual for this machine, so will be looking for one. And the tension looks incomplete also. Need pictures of this to determine for sure.I think I forgot to say earlier that my 27 dates 2-6-1905!
Hope to find time this weekend to take a look at the 66 I have ...a 1926 date.
Randa, you can Google the part number stamp/imprinted in each part and type singer attachments after each number and 'usually' it will tell you what it is and then which machines they will work for. Hope that works for you.

made up example: 610056 singer attachment
Old 07-08-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Texas Jan
Underneath, left-hand side, part of the base/frame.

If you don't see it on the id plate top front right, then it most likely is underneath on the left-hand side under the bobbin area on the metal frame stamped into the metal. Look for number that starts with letters.
You were Right!!! EX 467019--Made in 1965 in Great Britain. Guess this means that I need to name it after the Beatles--Hmmmm Which one did I like the best back then???? Paul--Yep gonna name it Paul.

Texas Jan
Old 07-08-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Works for me!!

LOL!!! I love it!! That works for me too!

I have been known to feed my children ice cream for breakfast.
That works for me too!
I do that - well smoothies....
here my favorite smoothie recipe - for 2 people
yogurt
bananas
applesauce
avocado (DH does not know it's in there - makes it VERY smooth)
blueberries or strawberries
almond butter
Quick
add more milk or yogurt to get the amount you want
so blend it![/quote]

Miriam that sounds yummy!! It's been so hot here I haven't wanted to cook with anything other than the microwave!! ;-) This would be better!