Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor

You were Right!!! EX 467019--Made in 1965 in Great Britain. Guess this means that I need to name it after the Beatles--Hmmmm Which one did I like the best back then???? Paul--Yep gonna name it Paul.

Texas Jan
Jan, that cracks me up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was 16 in 1965 and all the girls were in love with anyone with a British accent. How innocent and silly we were then---

Texas Jan[/quote]

I was 14 that year, and yes, the Beatles had us all in a dither!! LOL :lol: :lol: I remember the first time they were on TV on Ed Sullivan...wow!![/quote]

HHHMMMMM I'm that old, too and I remember all that ancient history stuff too. I remember all the boys changing their hair so they could make the girls scream. I also remember watching Alvin the first time, too - more old sewing machines remind me of Alvin than the Beatles - but to each his own. HHHMMMMM Maybe you are saying that machine makes you scream.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by miriam
I do that - well smoothies....
here my favorite smoothie recipe - for 2 people
yogurt
bananas
applesauce
avocado (DH does not know it's in there - makes it VERY smooth)
blueberries or strawberries
almond butter
Quick
add more milk or yogurt to get the amount you want
so blend it!
Miriam we do smoothies all the time too, but I'd have to leave out the avocado and almond butter! I use yogert, banana's (frozen), frozen stawberries, frozen blueberries, and any other frozen fruit we have. Add some 100% juice and yummy - a great dinner on hot days!

Nancy
what's there to lose - drop some in - you don't taste the avocado - DH does NOT know it goes in - he WILL NOT eat avocado - the avocado makes it VERY creamy - the almond butter gives you a bit of protein for the get go in the morning - you can do peanut butter if you like. Some times I freeze some of the smoothie and then drop it in the blender frozen when I do the next batch.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:29 PM

Need some help here! I have a 457 Singer Stylist. I would love to find a Singer Professional Buttonholer attachement. The manual says the part # is 102577. I have been looking on ebay etc but no luck yet. Is there other part #'s that would work? I have a lead on one from a member of this group but not sure it will work on my machine. I have been reading about them and "they" talk about a different throat plate or slide plate. I have had them years ago for a machine made in the 60's and for one T&S bought in 74. Those did not need a different "plate".
Any and all information would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Jan on 446
Old 07-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jan on 446
Need some help here! I have a 457 Singer Stylist. I would love to find a Singer Professional Buttonholer attachement. The manual says the part # is 102577. I have been looking on ebay etc but no luck yet. Is there other part #'s that would work? I have a lead on one from a member of this group but not sure it will work on my machine. I have been reading about them and "they" talk about a different throat plate or slide plate. I have had them years ago for a machine made in the 60's and for one T&S bought in 74. Those did not need a different "plate".
Any and all information would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Jan on 446
http://www.tandtrepair.com/StylistLine.html lots of info
Old 07-08-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I bought my Admiral from Goodwill late Tuesday evening and it arrived by UPS late Thursday morning - about 36 hours. I thought the box was a little flimsy for a 30 pound machine, but it was padded well.
You got a good one!! I guess it depends on which Goodwill you buy from. The first machine I got was packed so poorly part of the wooden base box broke. It was a 99 in a domed wooden case, barely wrapped in bubble wrap and blue painters tape, and in a much too big box with some crumpled up newspaper thrown in. It was rattling around in there like you wouldn't believe!! Really poor packing!! I think I'm lucky it arrived in as good condition as I got it. Now I can't wait to get home to see how this one made it...it's been somewhere for 9 days, so I am kind of anxious about it! :shock:
Old 07-08-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
It looks like you have quite a few back clamping (for 66-1) attachments; not sure what else. If you have trouble finding a 27 shuttle, let me know.
I'm going to be away for a couple of days; going off to Ohio to play machines with like-minded folk!!

Well, I finally took the time to look at the Singer 27 I picked up at an auction. Actually a friend picked it up for me. If I had been there I would have passed, but...
The bobbin shuttle is not for this machine....too long. It has tons of attachments probably not for this machine either. Patent dates on the plate say Dec 5 1882; Sept 22 1885; July 19 1887; Aug 21 1888; Jan 13, 1891.
Here are a couple pics:
Do you have a length I could go by? I have a couple machines with shuttles (none of them the size of the one that came in the puzzle box.
Also, I looks to me that some of these attachments are bent. At least it looks that way to me! The puzzle box is quite a piece of workmanship! It has places to insert attachments so they stay in place. Just wish I knew what belonged to this machine and what doesn't. There are tons of machine needles...again, not sure if they fit this machine. Look pretty small in my opinion. Also there is a plate that is narrower than this machines plate. Looks like it could fit my Davis. No manual for this machine, so will be looking for one. And the tension looks incomplete also. Need pictures of this to determine for sure.I think I forgot to say earlier that my 27 dates 2-6-1905!
Hope to find time this weekend to take a look at the 66 I have ...a 1926 date.
Randa, you can Google the part number stamp/imprinted in each part and type singer attachments after each number and 'usually' it will tell you what it is and then which machines they will work for. Hope that works for you.
Oh, I didn't know that!! How cool! Thank you!!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:56 PM

yogurt
bananas
applesauce
almond butter
Quick
so blend it!
Miriam we do smoothies all the time too, but I'd have to leave out the avocado and almond butter! I use yogert, banana's (frozen), frozen stawberries, frozen blueberries, and any other frozen fruit we have. Add some 100% juice and yummy - a great dinner on hot days!

Nancy
"Where's the beef??"!!! :lol: Guess that dates me!!!! :oops:
Old 07-08-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
It looks like you have quite a few back clamping (for 66-1) attachments; not sure what else. If you have trouble finding a 27 shuttle, let me know.
I'm going to be away for a couple of days; going off to Ohio to play machines with like-minded folk!!

Well, I finally took the time to look at the Singer 27 I picked up at an auction. Actually a friend picked it up for me. If I had been there I would have passed, but...
The bobbin shuttle is not for this machine....too long. It has tons of attachments probably not for this machine either. Patent dates on the plate say Dec 5 1882; Sept 22 1885; July 19 1887; Aug 21 1888; Jan 13, 1891.
Here are a couple pics:
Do you have a length I could go by? I have a couple machines with shuttles (none of them the size of the one that came in the puzzle box.
Also, I looks to me that some of these attachments are bent. At least it looks that way to me! The puzzle box is quite a piece of workmanship! It has places to insert attachments so they stay in place. Just wish I knew what belonged to this machine and what doesn't. There are tons of machine needles...again, not sure if they fit this machine. Look pretty small in my opinion. Also there is a plate that is narrower than this machines plate. Looks like it could fit my Davis. No manual for this machine, so will be looking for one. And the tension looks incomplete also. Need pictures of this to determine for sure.I think I forgot to say earlier that my 27 dates 2-6-1905!
Hope to find time this weekend to take a look at the 66 I have ...a 1926 date.
Randa, you can Google the part number stamp/imprinted in each part and type singer attachments after each number and 'usually' it will tell you what it is and then which machines they will work for. Hope that works for you.
Oh, I didn't know that!! How cool! Thank you!!
Well that would work super if there were numbers on them. Nothing....except I found one with a patent date on it! Rats!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:13 PM

yogurt
bananas
applesauce
almond butter
Quick
so blend it!

Nancy
what's there to lose - drop some in - you don't taste the avocado - DH does NOT know it goes in - he WILL NOT eat avocado - the avocado makes it VERY creamy - the almond butter gives you a bit of protein for the get go in the morning - you can do peanut butter if you like. Some times I freeze some of the smoothie and then drop it in the blender frozen when I do the next batch.
This sound yummy!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Grandmother23
Nancy, I'll have to take some photos soon...have had the builder and his tradies working here and they like to be a pit* so no chance of doing anything like photos while that's going on.

Bronwyn ;-)
What is "they like to be a pit* so no chance of doing anything like photos while that's going on."? Would you explain?

Thanks,
Lauren

:) Bronwyn meant that the builders were being a PITA (Pain in the A$$) and so she couldn't get photos... ;)[/quote]

DUH....I knew that