Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-24-2011, 05:11 PM

jljack

I saw one with the same numbers on it last Thursday at a local garage sale. Same as you described, they wanted $130 for it. They said it was made about 1930, looked small but cute. Those numbers are the model #, I double checked.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I don't even want to touch this one... my mind is thinking of stuff that only CA hippies would think of using in a cake. :)
I'm coming to YOUR house.
You have to bring at least one machine that you no longer want. Do you have a Necchi Supernova in your stash? I would love trying to treadle that machine!

The other day, I made red beet chocolate cake that was a big hit. My husband hates red beets, but he loved the cake.
I have the pink one--Julia, I think. It's in great condition, but I plan to keep it electric. I had a very rough looking gray one, but gave it to a friend. My decision is (finally) that I can't keep them all!!
I have several that I need to leave my place of residence, but they won't listen to me.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:54 PM

Wow, I have only been gone for about 3 hours and this shop jumped at least five pages.

Welllllll... I got it, another machine, a Singer 401.

My bad. Now I have over 20 machines. The 401 is sitting in my car! I bought it for $75 and it had the manual!!!!!! Surprise, surprise.

I had lifted up the machine to take a look inside under the machine; the lady was standing to the side and caught a glimpse of a book. Turns out that when you lift the left extension leaf into the upright position and reach down and pull the side of the cabinet; that the door opens and there is a tray inside. It was holding the original manual; bobbins and some miscellaneous stuff. It only has four cams but that really is enough for me right now.

I will post photos later after I clean her up a bit. All of the levers and such move freely and she hums right along. Cool! It came in the original Cosmopolitan Walnut finish, style 88 console.

It is earmarked for my 5 year old grandson when he grows up a little more. And it will be named Taylor. He loves sewing on my machines right now. Sew, it is here for him to sew on at Grandma's. Can't wait til they can travel over for a weekend. Fun! :-D PS: I will just make sure it works reallllllly well til he grows up! :wink:
Old 06-24-2011, 05:57 PM

I got a 1926-66 at good will. The case is covered is snake skin fabric! Was that skin from the singer factory or a conversion? This fabric was the only thing holding the base together. I have removed it and I am going to glue it back together and recover it. I can use a snake skin [not my taste] or the FW black vinyl. What should it be? Thanks.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Wow, I have only been gone for about 3 hours and this shop jumped at least five pages.

Welllllll... I got it, another machine, a Singer 401.

My bad. Now I have over 20 machines. The 401 is sitting in my car! I bought it for $75 and it had the manual!!!!!! Surprise, surprise.

I had lifted up the machine to take a look inside under the machine; the lady was standing to the side and caught a glimpse of a book. Turns out that when you lift the left extension leaf into the upright position and reach down and pull the side of the cabinet; that the door opens and there is a tray inside. It was holding the original manual; bobbins and some miscellaneous stuff. It only has four cams but that really is enough for me right now.

I will post photos later after I clean her up a bit. All of the levers and such move freely and she hums right along. Cool! It came in the original Cosmopolitan Walnut finish, style 88 console.

It is earmarked for my 5 year old grandson when he grows up a little more. And it will be named Taylor. He loves sewing on my machines right now. Sew, it is here for him to sew on at Grandma's. Can't wait til they can travel over for a weekend. Fun! :-D PS: I will just make sure it works reallllllly well til he grows up! :wink:
:) He's going to love it! And you are sure going to enjoy it in the meantime. My 3 year old granddaughter loves my sewing machines - another reason I started collecting machines other than the Memory Craft! She even knows the steps now - pretty sides together, material under the presser foot, needle down, presser foot down, fingers out of the way - go! So glad you got the manual, too!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Ah, for the old days, when we could tell who was bidding on what!! I bet I know at least two guys who are bidding on this one, though!!

Originally Posted by Charlee
Wow...check this one out!! I'd break down and steal to get this machine (cuz I sure couldn't afford it!! :lol: )

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Miniature-S...item5ae11d931a
It finished at $2025.00.... pretty lil machine!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:44 PM

There is a card table for a Featherweight, for $20.00 :shock: on the Boston, MA craigslist, for anyone who may be interested in it:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/art/2459527646.html

If I was a little bit closer I would be running to get it!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
There is a card table for a Featherweight, for $20.00 :shock: on the Boston, MA craigslist, for anyone who may be interested in it:

And I'd be racing you! :lol:
Old 06-24-2011, 06:59 PM

[quote=Miz Johnny][quote=vintagemotif][quote=Miz Johnny]
I have the pink one--Julia, I think. It's in great condition, but I plan to keep it electric. I had a very rough looking gray one, but gave it to a friend. My decision is (finally) that I can't keep them all!!
I have several that I need to leave my place of residence, but they won't listen to me.

I don't even come close to the number of machines that you have. I wish to sell just a couple of them, but they seem very cozy sitting on my sewing room floor. Every morning, I look to make sure there isn't another. :lol:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid

And I'd be racing you! :lol:
That's a great deal!