Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-24-2011, 07:35 PM

Can anyone tell me if a Singer machine will fit into a "New Home" treadle base? Found one for $25 at a garage sale in really good condition, but am uncertain if my Singers would fit. I purchased a modern cabinet for an electric machine but mine won't fit into it. Love the cabinet, though, so am keeping it for the time being.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Can anyone tell me if a Singer machine will fit into a "New Home" treadle base? Found one for $25 at a garage sale in really good condition, but am uncertain if my Singers would fit. I purchased a modern cabinet for an electric machine but mine won't fit into it. Love the cabinet, though, so am keeping it for the time being.
Oh... you mean until you find 'another' machine to fit it? LOL... that sounds like a good reason to buy another machine. :-D
Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
What model of Singer?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by girliegirl
funny cake is PA DUTCH FOOD!! i will post the recipe on here, tonight if I get a chance, cheep and easy to make and very yummy with a cup of tea...
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Hey can i join in??? I will bring the funny cake !!
What is funny cake? The more the better.
My rhubarb is ready to pick. I could add diet coke and rhubarb cake to the mix! :roll: :roll: I know what you are going to say about the dc :roll: :roll:
Aw hell count me in and I will bring the Long Island Teas and cookies!!

Billy
Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
jljack

I saw one with the same numbers on it last Thursday at a local garage sale. Same as you described, they wanted $130 for it. They said it was made about 1930, looked small but cute. Those numbers are the model #, I double checked.
If you are talking about the 185, there is one on auction at www.shopgoodwill.com, and it's really really cheap. It is in a plastic base that is cracked, so you would probably have to make a wood one. But it's cute as a bug!!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
There is a card table for a Featherweight, for $20.00 :shock: on the Boston, MA craigslist, for anyone who may be interested in it:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/art/2459527646.html

If I was a little bit closer I would be running to get it!
And I'd be racing you! :lol:
Me too!! But....long run from CA!! LOL
Old 06-24-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
funny cake is PA DUTCH FOOD!! i will post the recipe on here, tonight if I get a chance, cheep and easy to make and very yummy with a cup of tea...
My rhubarb is ready to pick. I could add diet coke and rhubarb cake to the mix! :roll: :roll: I know what you are going to say about the dc :roll: :roll:

Billy
I'll make some iced green tea with mint, and my famous lime & mint fruit salad. We can sit, eat, play with machines, eat, play with machines......sounds like a good weekend to me!! :-)
Old 06-24-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
I'll make some iced green tea with mint, and my famous lime & mint fruit salad. We can sit, eat, play with machines, eat, play with machines......sounds like a good weekend to me!! :-)
Mmmm... lime and mint fruit salad sounds terrific!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Help !! Does anyone know what this machine is?? It is listed as a Singer, on Craigslist for $40.00. I don't think it is a singer.

Texas Jan
G'day Jan

It looks like a HC I bought a few weeks ago and meant to post photos but got busy with other stuff. Mine was on eBay with a starting price of 99 cents and there were no bidders, then I contacted the seller later and said I would be in the city (2 hrs each way) that weekend and could I collect it. Felt a bit miserly handing over 99 cents so I gave them $5....LOL

It was totally seized, nothing moved but an hour after starting a full spa treatment I had it working. I found about a dozen needles (some rusty) in the base and even cleaned those because I'm not sure if they are still available. The top cover looks quite home made and I've since been told they were an optional extra, but the timber has old newspaper glued in place and one date I could read was from the mid 1890's so I guess the machine is from around that time too.

Photo quality is fairly poor....grrr phone cameras, hopefully I'll get some better photos to post in Billy's machine thread that will be much clearer but for now hope these will help. Oh, my machine is a Beale which was an Australian company who made sewing machines and pianos, Beale worked in conjunction with Hugo Wertheim.

Bronwyn ;-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-216281.jpe   attachment-216282.jpe   attachment-216283.jpe  
Old 06-24-2011, 11:55 PM

Nancy (BoJangles) I owe you an apology because some weeks ago you asked me to post a photo of the machines covers I made and while I took a photo, I didn't get time to post it then completely forgot until I just looked for the HC photo for Jan.

Each one of my Janome's has it's own cover made from pre-quilted calico (muslin) which I embroidered with some grub roses and a monogram (both freebie designs).

The Brother shortarm quilter has a small quilt as a fitted cover would have been too time consuming to fit around the Handi Handles etc on the frame.

While I'm at it, here's a photo of the old spools of Sylko thread I was given via Freecycle recently, then I bought a shadow box frame to keep them dust free. These sit on a long hall table with two primitive style rag dolls and the Beale HC.

Bronwyn ;-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-216284.jpe   attachment-216285.jpe