Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-24-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Heehee Sharon I don't picture you into doing ruffles. Someone who puts an LED light over their sewing machine for better lighting just doesn't come across as doing ruffles.
LOL Now thats funny!

Billy
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Help !! Does anyone know what this machine is?? It is listed as a Singer, on Craigslist for $40.00. I don't think it is a singer.

Texas Jan
Frister and Rossman is my guess by looking at the porcelain knob for the hand crank, ant the overall design. The Singer 12 is a lot like that machine but has a fiddle base to it. It is a great price and even if it were locked up I would be all over it!!

Billy
Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Help !! Does anyone know what this machine is?? It is listed as a Singer, on Craigslist for $40.00. I don't think it is a singer.

Texas Jan
The owner has said he will hold it for me until I can get there tomorrow. I will call him this afternoon and get more information. Billy thinks it is a Frister and Rossman. Will keep you posted.

Texas Jan
Old 06-24-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by miriam

AnnieRose might need some tri-flow - bike shop might have some
What is this for, Miriam? I have a 301 that still has a little "stall/sticky spot" when I am sewing. When I turn the wheel by hand it doesn't stick. When I am sewing it does. Not always...just intermittent.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Here is my newest Patchability, Uncle Sam for the 4th of July! My DIL wants this one really bad, as her son - my 2 1/2 year old grandson glued on the stars!

Nancy

Oh I need to ad that I did all the decorative stitching on the beard, mustache, and applique's with my 503A Rocketeer!
I LOVE this Nancy!!! So cute!!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack

AnnieRose might need some tri-flow - bike shop might have some
What is this for, Miriam? I have a 301 that still has a little "stall/sticky spot" when I am sewing. When I turn the wheel by hand it doesn't stick. When I am sewing it does. Not always...just intermittent.
oh, you might need to clean the contacts on the foot control - take the foot control apart and use something to scrape/polish if you have pits on the contacts. NO OIL.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
The ruffler will gather really nicely then get a flat spot then gather again? Nancy
Nancy go see Shirley. She can help you with the ruffler. Kathie
Ok I now wish I lived closer to you two. I would bring all my sewing toys, and we could play with all these cool parts of interesting engineering.

I would bring coffee and apple pie too!
I would show up at your party too. I'll bring flowers. Anybody nice enough to fool around with attachments needs flowers.
Do we have a topic just for using attachments? Lots of pictures??? Tutorials???[/quote]

I like flowers! That can motivate me! But they must have roots and dirt with them so that I can plant them.

I have been thinking of doing a couple of tutorials/pictures to post on the VSMS, but between finding machines and making quilts I keep pushing the tutorial project to the back burner.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn

I also love the 66 and yes they are not portable unless you are a gorilla. Go to this site for instructions on a box http://treadleon.net/woodshop/index.html. This will give your husband all the info needed to build a base for your 66. Glenn

Glenn, that site is great!!! All those tips on wood related issues....a treasure chest!! Thanks for that link.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
The ruffler will gather really nicely then get a flat spot then gather again? Nancy
Nancy go see Shirley. She can help you with the ruffler. Kathie
Ok I now wish I lived closer to you two. I would bring all my sewing toys, and we could play with all these cool parts of interesting engineering.

I would bring coffee and apple pie too!
I would show up at your party too. I'll bring flowers. Anybody nice enough to fool around with attachments needs flowers.
Do we have a topic just for using attachments? Lots of pictures??? Tutorials???
I like flowers! That can motivate me! But they must have roots and dirt with them so that I can plant them.

I have been thinking of doing a couple of tutorials/pictures to post on the VSMS, but between finding machines and making quilts I keep pushing the tutorial project to the back burner.[/quote]

I like roots and dirt - too much rain today. I've been wanting to do the attachments too. I have a BIG box full down there somewhere. Some I have no idea what they are or go to. Then there are some that go to my sewing machine and I've never even tested them out. One day I'm going to sit down with the machine and test every one of them. I'll keep a camera handy. Then some other day I'd like to get my box out, my camera out and see if anybody knows what that stuff is all about. It is an extensive collection.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by Glenn

I also love the 66 and yes they are not portable unless you are a gorilla. Go to this site for instructions on a box http://treadleon.net/woodshop/index.html. This will give your husband all the info needed to build a base for your 66. Glenn

Glenn, that site is great!!! All those tips on wood related issues....a treasure chest!! Thanks for that link.
You are very welcome Glenn