Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by a1crafter
Hi Sandi,
I recent[y bought a 301a and I love the way it sews. Unfortunately it does not have many accessories. I am anxious to try out the ruffler. I will be on the lookout for more accessories
very easy to get accessories - try google searching "slant foot sewing machine accessories"
Old 06-22-2011, 04:58 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the information. I am new to this venture and don't always know where to find what I need. A special thanks to all on the board who are so quick to help. Thanks again.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:58 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the information. I am new to this venture and don't always know where to find what I need. A special thanks to all on the board who are so quick to help. Thanks again.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:56 PM

Is there any idiosyncrasies I should know about with a singer 329k before I buy it?
Old 06-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well I went Thrift storing today even though I was not supposed to leave the house for anything (still under house arrest until the doctor gives me the okay to get out) but I found a slew of sewing machines and accessories. I found several Singers (none of which I wanted) but I did find 2 Dressmakers from the 60's and a Domestic that was absolutely gorgeous and had all of the accessories in the correct box lots of notions and bobbins along with several pairs of scissors. It was in a Queen Anne Cabinet that was perfect and was very well taken car of. But I did not get it hoping that the price will drop and it was electric and I do not do electrics.

But I did buy a lot of books, fabric and accessories today!!

Billy
Did you buy the dressmakers?? I'd like to get rid of the one I have, I think. Can you tell me why I should keep it? I just don't "love" it. Yet. It runs LOUD! Comes with all the cams. The most recent Montgomery Wards ones run so quiet!! I'd keep them over the dressmaker.
No I didnt buy them because they were going to need quite a bit of work but I came really close to buying them.

Billy
Old 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by shnnn
Is there any idiosyncrasies I should know about with a singer 329k before I buy it?
It looks like it might convert to treadle - see the knock out in the lower front right corner?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by hspirit_99
found this at a thrieft shop. she is called an Aldena, but has singer decals and serial number. she isnt much bigger if any then my FW
Ok now I am confused? That 99 clone has a name other than Singer on the arm, yet it has the Singer badge?

Miz Johnny can you answer that one? Or Billy? Singer never badged a machine, and I have never seen one with any name across the arm made by Singer - accept SINGER?

Nancy
Where is the photo at for me to look at?

Billy
Page 1207! The machine looks like it has the Singer gold badge, but it says Aldena on the arm. It looks like a 99 clone - must be a 99 clone, as Miz Johnny says the badge probably doesn't say Singer - it just looks like it is a Singer badge?

Nancy
Old 06-22-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by shnnn
It looks like it might convert to treadle - see the knock out in the lower front right corner?
Yes, It looks like it could be treadle.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/atq/2438906498.html

Could someone tell me if this is a good price for the machine and cabinet. I can't go look at it and will have to have my bff look at it since she lives nearby the seller.

Thanks!

Just found out that the owner on the above listing has offered the machine and cabinet for FREE. I just sent an email claiming it (hopefully) and emailed my best friend and told her to go pick it up for me!!!! Pray and keep your fingers crossed for me (if it's meant to be mine!!)

Hoping....not quite doing happy dance yet!! Will post with outcome!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:22 PM

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/atq/2438906498.html

Could someone tell me if this is a good price for the machine and cabinet. I can't go look at it and will have to have my bff look at it since she lives nearby the seller.

Thanks!

Just found out that the owner on the above listing has offered the machine and cabinet for FREE. I just sent an email claiming it (hopefully) and emailed my best friend and told her to go pick it up for me!!!! Pray and keep your fingers crossed for me (if it's meant to be mine!!)

Hoping....not quite doing happy dance yet!! Will post with outcome!
Fingers crossed for you....just tried to look at it and the listing has been 'deleted by it's author' Hope that's a good sign!!

Bronwyn ;-)