Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-21-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
Hope this pic of the mini I did on Elaine (201) comes through. It measures 10" x 12" finished and was really fun to make. Anybody that would like instructions can PM me with email address and I'll provide.
Weedwoman, that mini is adorable!! Love it!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Sure, I'll get right on that....I'm sure I can echo locate one lone sewing machine in a major city dumping ground. LOL.
You noticed that the first post of AJ's is not an introduction, but a go get that machine. Geez...
Old 11-21-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
You noticed that the first post of AJ's is not an introduction, but a go get that machine. Geez...
I noticed that too. It is still this person's only post.

Well, I realized this morning that I ordered the wrong manual for my machine from eBay. I sent the lady a message about it in the hopes that she hasn't sent out my package yet and can swap it out since she has both manuals. If she has already sent it, I asked if I could return it for the right one. Can't believe I did that!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Waaa.....I just answered a CL ad for a vintage machine and he said it wasn't working and no one was interested in a non-working, old Singer so he took it to the dump......double waaaa......
Oh NO!!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Iris was upset Friday about the clacking. I thought it was normal. Maybe so! Iris your machine is normal!!!
Both my FW and my 301 have a slight, charming Clack Clack/Tick Tick sound. Even with good oiling. And they both work just fine. I think it's NORMAL.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
I went to the baptism service for two of my granddaughters and got to visiting with an elderly woman (80's) who still has her grandmothers old sewing machine!! Her grandmother bought it before she was married and their 50th wedding anniversary was in 1936! Of course her daughter got it and then this granddaughter (the 80+ year old) got it. She said it's been in her attic for years and years. Her grandson now lives in her house and she lives in town and the kids are slowly bringing things from the attic to her shed. She asked if I'd like to look it ov er for her when she gets it. Uh, like YYYEEEESSSS!!! So I can hardly sit still and keep wondering what kind of machine could this be??? 1880's something!!! Oh, my goodness!!!
Randa, that sounds exciting!!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Monica, sounds like you had a fun and fulfilling day with the FW! It is a lot of fun to take the FW on field trips because: one, it is so small and easy to take, and two, everyone is fascinated by the tiny size and immense power of the FW!

Nancy
I had a few ladies at my house on Saturday sewing pillowcases to send to troops, and one of them was using my FW. She had never seen one, let alone sewn on one, and after a few minutes getting used to the foot pedal and the feel of the machine, she loved it!!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
I had a few ladies at my house on Saturday sewing pillowcases to send to troops, and one of them was using my FW. She had never seen one, let alone sewn on one, and after a few minutes getting used to the foot pedal and the feel of the machine, she loved it!!
Janice, I wish we lived closer...wah...I would have loved to spent the day with you and your friends making pillowcases. I'm just going to have to join the local quilt guild.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 AM

OK, all you VSMS people out there with various amounts of vintage sewing machine parts hanging around. My 1909 66-1 bobbin winder is in need of the spring for the thread guide. The spring I ordered from Sew-Classic is too small. We measured the old spring (the end broke off) ID, and the one she sent, and the original is larger. She checked all the springs she has, and it appears that my bobbin winder model takes a larger spring than bobbin winders made later.

So, does any one of you have that spring? It is for early 66-1's, and the ends have to be bent the right direction. Or does any one have a suggestion of what to do about it? Can we rig something up to work? Thanks!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
OK, all you VSMS people out there with various amounts of vintage sewing machine parts hanging around. My 1909 66-1 bobbin winder is in need of the spring for the thread guide. The spring I ordered from Sew-Classic is too small. We measured the old spring (the end broke off) ID, and the one she sent, and the original is larger. She checked all the springs she has, and it appears that my bobbin winder model takes a larger spring than bobbin winders made later.

So, does any one of you have that spring? It is for early 66-1's, and the ends have to be bent the right direction. Or does any one have a suggestion of what to do about it? Can we rig something up to work? Thanks!
I had a problem with the bobbin spring to one of my Singer 66s.
First try Cathy, and if that doesn't work try this guy.
Before I even knew of this board, TO, or Cathy, I order my spring from him.
http://singeroriginalvintageproducts.com/default.aspx