Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-24-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by jljack

AnnieRose might need some tri-flow - bike shop might have some
What is this for, Miriam? I have a 301 that still has a little "stall/sticky spot" when I am sewing. When I turn the wheel by hand it doesn't stick. When I am sewing it does. Not always...just intermittent.
oh, you might need to clean the contacts on the foot control - take the foot control apart and use something to scrape/polish if you have pits on the contacts. NO OIL.
Not this foot controller...it's brand new. What does the Tri-flow do?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

AnnieRose might need some tri-flow - bike shop might have some
What is this for, Miriam? I have a 301 that still has a little "stall/sticky spot" when I am sewing. When I turn the wheel by hand it doesn't stick. When I am sewing it does. Not always...just intermittent.
oh, you might need to clean the contacts on the foot control - take the foot control apart and use something to scrape/polish if you have pits on the contacts. NO OIL.
Not this foot controller...it's brand new.
hm check the wiring - loose wire? when did you last oil the machine - lol solves problem some times... That and cleaning out woolies.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:43 AM

My 301, AnnieRose, was shipped with a new foot controller. Her little groan is coming from the upper gears which have been lubricated with the Singer lube in the blue tube. How much different is Tri-Flow?

The Stylist still seems stiff. I think it's going home with my GD. She can get along w/o the ZZ.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Okay, I haven't posted my acquisitions lately as they are not much to talk about and didn't get pictures. They are just piling up in the garage.

But got this today for $15. Lots of feet and all the cams for the decorative stitches. Definately need to redo the wiring before I can use it. But should clean up pretty easy.
:)
Holy crap that is so pretty!!! I want one!! :)
Old 06-24-2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
My 301, AnnieRose, was shipped with a new foot controller. Her little groan is coming from the upper gears which have been lubricated with the Singer lube in the blue tube. How much different is Tri-Flow?

The Stylist still seems stiff. I think it's going home with my GD. She can get along w/o the ZZ.
OK, maybe that's what is the issue. I oiled all the mechanical stuff underneath, but not up top inside. How do I get in there to do that?
Old 06-24-2011, 09:17 AM

I have to chuckle at this CLs posting (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/atq/2449842908.html) since I treadle a Singer 328.
He states " If Mercedes Benz were making sewing machines in the early sixties, this is what they'd look like!"

After sewing with the Singer 328 and the fact that I grew up sewing with the Necchi Supernova, I just have to laugh at this statement. Like right! A Mercedes!
If Mercedes Benz were making sewing machines in the early sixties they would be the Necchi Supernonova. Geez!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose

OK, maybe that's what is the issue. I oiled all the mechanical stuff underneath, but not up top inside. How do I get in there to do that?
Here is a link for free 301 manual, pages 26, 27 & 28 show oiling points. http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...ine-manual.pdf
Old 06-24-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by jpete523
I'm trying again to post the pictures of my Lotus decals. Hope it works this time! Any help identifying the "color" ? Thanks?
Jan
jpete523

ETA: Oops, sorry it's so big.
I just got my lotus cleaned up and need to post pictures. that singer circle cleans up really great with car polish. great pictures
Old 06-24-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by a1crafter
Hi Sandi,
I recent[y bought a 301a and I love the way it sews. Unfortunately it does not have many accessories. I am anxious to try out the ruffler. I will be on the lookout for more accessories
I had the same situation. My 301a came with NO attachments whatsoever. So far I have bought 3 other feet for her, and have only tried out 2. I haven't tried the ruffler yet, but want to. Maybe this weekend. So hard when I have to work for a living...it really cuts into my sewing time!! LOL
The ruffler is a cool attachment! I had to learn to use one when I worked for Husqvarna Viking; so I could demonstrate it to my customers. You can make lots of ruffles in a short time. :-D
Sharon W.
Heehee Sharon I don't picture you into doing ruffles. Someone who puts an LED light over their sewing machine for better lighting just doesn't come across as doing ruffles.
I didn't say I used the ruffles. lol just had to demo for customers. :-D
Sharon
Old 06-24-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Sharon, I wish you weren't in Texas! I need help learning how to get even ruffles when using a ruffler! I have tried using my Mother's ruffler for the Pfaff 130 - it works, but I think I am doing something wrong? The ruffler will gather really nicely then get a flat spot then gather again?

Nancy
There's a great book out , its called "The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook" by Charlene Phillips. I bet it will help.

Sharon W.