Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I don't even want to touch this one... my mind is thinking of stuff that only CA hippies would think of using in a cake. :)
I'm coming to YOUR house.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:22 PM

This group knows food as well as it knows machines. We'll all be fine here this winter--I've made 3 batches of peach jam, one of strawberry and one of blackberry jelly in the last couple of days. Of course, I've been sampling all along. . . .
Originally Posted by purplefiend
I put up a dozen pints of homegrown carrots today, they are in my huge pressure canner even as I type this. Dh grew Nantes variety of carrots this year. They are yummy and sweet. :thumbup:
Sharon W.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:26 PM

[quote=vintagemotif]
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I would bring coffee and apple pie too!

Vintagemotif, instead of coffee please bring pepsi I will bring the main course. Kathie

I'm not into sodas. I like my coffee and teas; but for you, I'll bring some pepsi. You know that stuff is bad for ya.
Monica we think alike! I don't do soda's, for me it is juice mixed half with water or my cappaccino!

Nancy
Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I don't even want to touch this one... my mind is thinking of stuff that only CA hippies would think of using in a cake. :)
I'm coming to YOUR house.
You have to bring at least one machine that you no longer want. Do you have a Necchi Supernova in your stash? I would love trying to treadle that machine!

The other day, I made red beet chocolate cake that was a big hit. My husband hates red beets, but he loved the cake.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Glenn
I also love the 66 and yes they are not portable unless you are a gorilla. Go to this site for instructions on a box http://treadleon.net/woodshop/index.html. This will give your husband all the info needed to build a base for your 66. Glenn
Glenn I tried on and off all day to go to this site and it is down or I just can't get in. Do you have to be a member of Treadleon to get in?

Nancy
No you not. glenn
Old 06-24-2011, 04:41 PM

go to treadleon.net I had trouble with the site also. glenn
Old 06-24-2011, 04:42 PM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I would bring coffee and apple pie too!

Vintagemotif, instead of coffee please bring pepsi I will bring the main course. Kathie

I'm not into sodas. I like my coffee and teas; but for you, I'll bring some pepsi. You know that stuff is bad for ya.
Monica we think alike! I don't do soda's, for me it is juice mixed half with water or my cappaccino!

Nancy
If you look in my profile's my pages under recipes section, there are two recipes. One the Red Beet Chocolate cake, which is extremely yummy! And a Cinnamon/Ginger tea. I cut the sugar amount way down, just a 1/4 cup. This tea served cold is very refreshing!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

I rescued an old green 1960s something Kenmore from the trash today. For now it is on the back porch - smells pretty bad looks like they used the throat plate for an ash tray. I know it turns. I haven't had time to look it over much or clean it yet - looks like it might do a couple zigzag stitches. It is missing a few parts but I think I have enough to get it going. It amazes me the difference 10 or 15 years technology makes - and it didn't really improve did it?
Old 06-24-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by quilter53
Can you tell me anything about The Free treadle machine. I found one at an antique shop in a cabinet. both are in good condition. The only info I can remember without going back to the shop is the patent pending was 1902 and last one was 1913.
Quilter53 here is a link to information about the Free Sewing Machine Company.

http://www.ismacs.net/free/home.html

The Free #5 is a great machine. I have used mine to piece with a lot. Mine is on page 550 and 627.

Nancy
Old 06-24-2011, 05:02 PM

Anyone in the Baltimore/Washington DC area looking for a singer 201 to treadle may want to see if this is a 201.

From the top flat spool area and decals, it looks like it could be a 201.

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2435772717.html

And another good deal:
http://annapolis.craigslist.org/hsh/2415304443.html