Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Banned

I can always make more......

Billy
Old 06-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
The shadow box is a great idea too! I will have to post a picture I have of a shadow like box I was given made to hold very old scissors!

Nancy
I bought a couple of Shadow boxes at a garage sale and I have one in the studio that has old spools of thread, vintage needle packages, and vintage notions. Makes it seem more quilty in there ;)

Billy
Old 06-25-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by sew wishful
Can anyone tell me if a Singer machine will fit into a "New Home" treadle base? Found one for $25 at a garage sale in really good condition, but am uncertain if my Singers would fit. I purchased a modern cabinet for an electric machine but mine won't fit into it. Love the cabinet, though, so am keeping it for the time being.
Oh... you mean until you find 'another' machine to fit it? LOL... that sounds like a good reason to buy another machine. :-D
:lol: Aren't you a smarty!!! :lol:
Old 06-25-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by sew wishful
Can anyone tell me if a Singer machine will fit into a "New Home" treadle base? Found one for $25 at a garage sale in really good condition, but am uncertain if my Singers would fit. I purchased a modern cabinet for an electric machine but mine won't fit into it. Love the cabinet, though, so am keeping it for the time being.
What model of Singer?
The one I'd really like to put in it is the 27. It's in a cabinet but the cabinet is very "loose". Maybe I should just have DH tighten things up.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:20 AM

Nancy
Thanks, I will have to give that some thought. The wood base is pitiful; the fabric was torn but still holding it together. This will put all my skills to the test. I feel so sorry for it.
Phyllis nm
Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 AM

Kathie, maybe for the next Girl's Night Out - although, I can't make the July one -- August then, I will make the cake for all the ladies!

Nancy[/quote]

Can you make the Runs one in July? That would be a good one to try on us. Yummy. Cat
Old 06-25-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Nancy (BoJangles) I owe you an apology because some weeks ago you asked me to post a photo of the machines covers I made and while I took a photo, I didn't get time to post it then completely forgot until I just looked for the HC photo for Jan.

Each one of my Janome's has it's own cover made from pre-quilted calico (muslin) which I embroidered with some grub roses and a monogram (both freebie designs).

The Brother shortarm quilter has a small quilt as a fitted cover would have been too time consuming to fit around the Handi Handles etc on the frame.

While I'm at it, here's a photo of the old spools of Sylko thread I was given via Freecycle recently, then I bought a shadow box frame to keep them dust free. These sit on a long hall table with two primitive style rag dolls and the Beale HC.

Bronwyn ;-)
Your cover is very pretty! I love the photo of your threads in shadow box with the Singer sitting behind it.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:10 AM

Each one of my Janome's has it's own cover made from pre-quilted calico (muslin) which I embroidered with some grub roses and a monogram (both freebie designs).
Bronwyn ;-)

That is a beautiful cover. You did a great job. Kathie
Old 06-25-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by BoJangles
The shadow box is a great idea too! I will have to post a picture I have of a shadow like box I was given made to hold very old scissors!

Nancy
I bought a couple of Shadow boxes at a garage sale and I have one in the studio that has old spools of thread, vintage needle packages, and vintage notions. Makes it seem more quilty in there ;)

Billy
I like the look of using some of the vintage items to decorate the walls!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

I've been cleaning up a Bernina Record 530. It does not get power from the cord so I need to replace that. The stitch selector lever was stuck so I oiled and oiled and oiled - a little every day - nothing. It would not budge. Well I set it out in the sun today and guess what - it is freed up. There is still a stuck knob and the feed dogs are stuck in the raised position. Anybody got any ideas how to unstick a plastic knob? I sure don't want to break it. It is the stitch width selector. One of these days that machine WILL work.

I found a road side freebee last night. It is an 1960/70 Kenmore. It does straight or zigzag. It was very much an ashtray. I got it cleaned up. Need to haul it in the house and plug it in to see if it works. I got it freed up. Seems like a fairly nice metal machine. I'm not sure how to tell what model it is. It was missing the pressure feet and the bobbin case. I had that in my pack rat stash.