Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Banned

Oh here is a place for us to document our machines, a place where we can post photos and the pertinent information about them. Like the serial, make, model, etc. We can still discuss them over here in the shop but I want a place so we can build a data base of machines so we can identify ones that we score down the road.

Here is the link......

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130994-1.htm

Billy
Old 06-16-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by Mollie'sMom
Originally Posted by purplefiend
She is a Westie and we have two other Westies. They are wonderful little dogs
Annie, my Westie was a stray, I didn't realize what breed she was until she gained some weight and her fur started growing in thicker. She weighed about 10 lbs and was very skinny, course she had lots of fleas. She thinks she's the alpha dog...
the bigger dogs tell her otherwise.
Thanks for answering my question. :lol:
Sharon W.
Thanks for rescuing her. I don't know how long you have had her, but she will be your best bud. She will remember that you came to her rescue.
Annie has been here since 2007, she is a sweetie and loves to cuddle. She earns her kibble by helping the other 3 dogs keep our acre free of rabbits and voles, she even likes the occasional grasshopper.
I thought I was looking at Mollie. They could be twins. She is beautiful.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Oh here is a place for us to document our machines, a place where we can post photos and the pertinent information about them. Like the serial, make, model, etc. We can still discuss them over here in the shop but I want a place so we can build a data base of machines so we can identify ones that we score down the road.

Here is the link......

Billy
If this is the case it would take me a while to list and put up pics. of all my babies.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam
Well, my sister just left town. While she was here we found a Bernina 530-2 in a mostly all there cabinet. I have never seen a Bernina in my life. It appears in good cosmetic shape and it turns. It has a whole bunch of weird feet. The stitch dial doesn't do much and the built in knee control doesn't move very far. I have yet to clean it up. I've had to catch up on regular work and hope to get something done on the machine over the week end. There is a manual - pretty small print... I'm thinking enlarge on the copy machine... The power does not go on when it is plugged in - no power at all. Is there some way to clean the contacts? Any info would help.
It is called a Record - the stitch selector doesn't move, the zig zag knob doesn't move and there is no power - I wonder if it could be hard wired. I oiled it up so I may try a little heat in a couple days and see if anything moves. I searched on line for info but I'm thinking someone who actually has one might know more than I'm finding. It does zig zag and straight but the part with all the nice stitches doesn't budge.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:39 PM

Well, my sister just left town. While she was here we found a Bernina 530-2 in a mostly all there cabinet. Any info would help.
It is called a Record - the stitch selector doesn't move, the zig zag knob doesn't move and there is no power - I wonder if it could be hard wired. I oiled it up so I may try a little heat in a couple days and see if anything moves. I searched on line for info but I'm thinking someone who actually has one might know more than I'm finding. It does zig zag and straight but the part with all the nice stitches doesn't budge.
Someone with that type of machine posted a photo on the VSMS photo area. Maybe s/he could be a resource for you. HTH. ~ Chris
Old 06-16-2011, 04:50 PM

Well, my sister just left town. While she was here we found a Bernina 530-2 in a mostly all there cabinet. I have never seen a Bernina in my life. It appears in good cosmetic shape and it turns. It has a whole bunch of weird feet. The stitch dial doesn't do much and the built in knee control doesn't move very far. I have yet to clean it up. I've had to catch up on regular work and hope to get something done on the machine over the week end. There is a manual - pretty small print... I'm thinking enlarge on the copy machine... The power does not go on when it is plugged in - no power at all. Is there some way to clean the contacts? Any info would help.
Miriam, have you joined the Bernina Yahoo group? BerninaThirtySomethings

Also this Pattern Review thread has a link to download the manual, that might help too?
Is there anyone know about BERNINA RECORD 530-1?

Sorry you'll have to search for both as the links continually gave error messages when trying to send them.

If you still have questions ask again and I'll try and dig back through my archive (some people call theirs a brain!!) as I used to own a 730 Record many years ago.

Good luck with your search.
Bronwyn ;-)
Old 06-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

Here is the link......

Billy
If this is the case it would take me a while to list and put up pics. of all my babies.
Thats okay It will take a while for me to do mine also.

But if anyone wants to post photos of their machines feel free to include some close ups of certain areas of interest. Anything that can help us identify the different makers like Free, National, Domestic, and other manufacturers that have similar features.

Billy
Old 06-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Miriam, have you joined the Bernina Yahoo group? BerninaThirtySomethings

Also this Pattern Review thread has a link to download the manual, that might help too?
Is there anyone know about BERNINA RECORD 530-1?

Sorry you'll have to search for both as the links continually gave error messages when trying to send them.

If you still have questions ask again and I'll try and dig back through my archive (some people call theirs a brain!!) as I used to own a 730 Record many years ago.

Good luck with your search.
Bronwyn ;-)
Thanks - I did join the yahoo group but I didn't really find much out there. It appears to be a very nice machine if I can make it work. It is not very used. It is called Bernina Record 530-2 it has a free arm - things just pop off to clean and it wasn't very dirty and it is very clean now... I wonder if heat would hurt it any? There seems to be a plastic gear in there.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:24 PM

Here is the link......

Billy

Thats okay It will take a while for me to do mine also.

But if anyone wants to post photos of their machines feel free to include some close ups of certain areas of interest. Anything that can help us identify the different makers like Free, National, Domestic, and other manufacturers that have similar features.

Billy
Thanks - I've enjoyed seeing all beautiful old machines - it's going to be great seeing them all together!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 PM

Nobody has any info on the Singer Industrial longarm machine I asked about? Wow. I am shocked.