Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-15-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by dirty1mom
I won the bid at Shopgoodwill.com! I know nothing about this machine. But I thought it looked really cool and bid on it. Got it for $6.00 plus shipping - total of $23.68. Not bad. I think I might just be getting a little pathetic, now I am buying based on looks!
There is a National (see I thought I remembered seeing another one) that looks just like this on ShopGoodwill.com.

Actually there are several very nice looking machines on that website right now. A really nice red eye on the last page, and a Model 15 that Singer shows is a 28 from 1910 on page 3, I think. Really clean and nice. Also a Spartan (I bid $30 last time, but they had a reserve on it and it didn't sell).

And here is the 99 I got on auction with the Lotus decals. This is the pic from the website. I don't have it yet. This is the one I want to re-treadle.
I really wanted to bid on that one, but it got higher than my wallet was comfortable with at this time. I'm glad she went to a good home.

Texas Jan
Old 06-15-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie'sMom
Am trying to get pics off phone. 1st pic of very small cab. only 22" wide.2nd pic of machine Third shows how small it is next to redeye. Cannot see name on machine except to shine light sideways. Then can read Elmira. Spent 6 hours on puter yesterday looking for info on this thing. Is missing some parts and I don't know what to order. Am getting flustrated. Having hot flashes. Could be is 102* here today. Does anyone know where to find info on Miss Elmira? :)
The Badge looks like the badge on my Avatar. She is a National machine (She is National Paveway) They look a lot alike. Even the decals are alike, yours are just in much better shape. Bet there is a griffon type creature on the back, like is in the center of the bed.

Texas Jan
Attached Thumbnails attachment-211911.jpe   attachment-211912.jpe  
Old 06-15-2011, 12:29 PM

Thanks a bunch. If I look up national I hope I can find her. I was told all her parts were there, but she is missing the front slide plate the bobbin and a shuttle.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:31 PM

I did not know there were other crazy people in this world like me and then I come upon this board
Old 06-15-2011, 12:33 PM

I have a few old and goodies also. And belong to two quilt groups , so am covered up with fabric.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Am trying to get pics off phone. 1st pic of very small cab. only 22" wide.2nd pic of machine Third shows how small it is next to redeye. Cannot see name on machine except to shine light sideways. Then can read Elmira. Spent 6 hours on puter yesterday looking for info on this thing. Is missing some parts and I don't know what to order. Am getting flustrated. Having hot flashes. Could be is 102* here today. Does anyone know where to find info on Miss Elmira? :)
The Badge looks like the badge on my Avatar. She is a National machine (She is National Paveway) They look a lot alike. Even the decals are alike, yours are just in much better shape. Bet there is a griffon type creature on the back, like is in the center of the bed.

Texas Jan
I was going to say-Isn't that a National? Looks like an old National.

Mollie'smom,
Your machine is very pretty!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by dirty1mom
I won the bid at Shopgoodwill.com! I know nothing about this machine. But I thought it looked really cool and bid on it. Got it for $6.00 plus shipping - total of $23.68. Not bad. I think I might just be getting a little pathetic, now I am buying based on looks!
There is a National (see I thought I remembered seeing another one) that looks just like this on ShopGoodwill.com.

Actually there are several very nice looking machines on that website right now. A really nice red eye on the last page, and a Model 15 that Singer shows is a 28 from 1910 on page 3, I think. Really clean and nice. Also a Spartan (I bid $30 last time, but they had a reserve on it and it didn't sell).

And here is the 99 I got on auction with the Lotus decals. This is the pic from the website. I don't have it yet. This is the one I want to re-treadle.

Janice,
Are you sure this is a 99 and not a 66-1 with the back clamp.
I have only seen Singer 66-1 with the Lotus decals and back clamps, never seen a 99 that way. Here is the link to Singer:
http://www.singerco.com/support/machine-serial-numbers
Old 06-15-2011, 12:49 PM

Thank you guys so much for helping me figure out who Elmira is. I just hope there are some parts for her out there somewhere . This will help me find them.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:02 PM

I did not know there were other crazy people in this world like me and then I come upon this board
Me either, but I'm glad we found each other.

Texas Jan
Old 06-15-2011, 01:16 PM

how would you rate the difference between a featherweight and a 99K other than weight, have one have my eye on another.....