Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-26-2011, 11:47 AM

I haven't been on this part of the board much, but I have a question if anyone has an answer. My son-in-law was given an old machine by a neighbor and of course he thinks it must be worth a lot of money, but we are having trouble finding any information about it. It says Reliable Sewing Stores on the front, has gold emblem (like Singers) on the front that say Los Angeles across the top, Made in Japan on the bottom, and DELUXE 1952 in the middle. Underneath is stamped YNT in large letters. If anyone can direct us to find something out about it, it would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks
Old 06-26-2011, 12:17 PM

While cleaning out a sewing box, I came across this book from my first sewing machine. I no longer have the machine, but thought someone might use the book. I think it was a Dressmaker from the 50's.

front cover of book
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217088[/ATTACH]

This is better picture of the machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217089[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-217082.jpe   attachment-217083.jpe  
Old 06-26-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR
... It has the singer sewing company on the top with "manufactured in Great Britian" below it. The singer site says the F series was manufactured in Clydebank, Scotland in 1913 so don't know which is right.
Scotland is part of Great Britain, as it was known at the time. Congrats on this purchase and on making her as lovely as she is.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
crossstitcher

Send the manual this morning, have fun.
lee231, Thank you so much.

To all that have gotten new machines this weekend. I have looked at all of them and they are great.

Glenn, Our computer was down and we wanted to tell you that the case you made for your machine is very nice. Hubby hopes to make a few some time this summer.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:55 PM

My 301, AnnieRose, is back to normal. My son took her apart and sewed with her. He was able to pinpoint the dry area. A dot of oil and she's happy. I oiled her before I started this quilt, but whatever. It was on the left end of the cross bar. No where near where it sounded like with the cover on. The gears do not need grease.

Now if I can find where the broken plastic washer came off the Stylist, we'll be all set.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by binthepink
I haven't been on this part of the board much, but I have a question if anyone has an answer. My son-in-law was given an old machine by a neighbor and of course he thinks it must be worth a lot of money, but we are having trouble finding any information about it. It says Reliable Sewing Stores on the front, has gold emblem (like Singers) on the front that say Los Angeles across the top, Made in Japan on the bottom, and DELUXE 1952 in the middle. Underneath is stamped YNT in large letters. If anyone can direct us to find something out about it, it would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks
http://blog.sew-classic.com/2008/12/...-15-clone.aspx
maybe this will be of some help
Old 06-26-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
There is a mocha Singer 301 in a trapazoid cabinet for $100.00 in Western Massachusetts (Ludlow) for anyone who may be interested. The cabinet may need some work but the price is awesome. Here is the link: http://westernmass.craigslist.org/hsh/2458727711.html
This is the machine I've drooled over!! I want it so badly!! Why does it have to be so far away???
Old 06-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Linda R,
Your Lotus is quite lovely. She's lucky to have you.
Sharon W.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Update on my old "New Home" treadle machine. I have been cleaning and polishing and soaking and scrubbing "Cora's" body, but was not able to figure out the shuttle and bobbin threading. Also didn't know much about needle size or whether it was threaded from front or side.
My DH and I went away for a couple of days and my eletronics engineer son fiddled with it and when I got back, he had it sewing a fine seam!! Am so pleased! There is a picture of it on this vintage thread on pg. 1034 if anyone is interested. Found the relics website and am pretty sure that I have found a manual for this machine. Will send for it when I finish the Antique riding clothes relining job. Want to do a doll quilt on it!
Will now try to locate a coffin cover for it. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on where to search.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:10 PM

i found this site for toy sewing machines.

http://www.quiltingbargains.com/daintydarlings.html