Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by funquilter
I just got a featherweight machine - Very happy it is a 1947 year and is in great condition. Problem is I can't get it to sew. Motor runs good - even the light works. The thread either breaks or comes out of the needle. I changed needle, rethreaded the upper thread and reloaded the bobbin. My guess it the tension but not sure how to fix it.
I kept reading how great the machine is so I hope I can get it working! Any help will be apprecitated.
thread the needle from the right to the left
Old 06-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
This is the machine I would go after if I lived in the Baltimore area, Necchi Supernova in treadle.
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/app/2420343335.html
Sweet looking machine and nice cabinet. That machine might be the one that would break my dependence on e-machines. Thanks for showing us. ~ Chris
Ok you guys, that machine does look great but it couldn't have started as a treadle? I must of been an electric first!

Nancy
It has holes in the casting for a treadle belt, so I think they were made both in treadle and electric models.
Sharon W.
I think so too that model was designed to be electric or treadle. I copied this photo from an ebay sell, but it shows a plug in the area where the belt cord would go through the base. I don't know about the bobbin winder area. In the picture I found, the bobbin area is for an electric machine. Necchi must have made a different cover for the bobbin and treadle machine.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-208335.png  
Old 06-07-2011, 03:32 PM

thank you - will try now
Old 06-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

This is the machine I would go after if I lived in the Baltimore area, Necchi Supernova in treadle.
Sweet looking machine and nice cabinet. That machine might be the one that would break my dependence on e-machines. Thanks for showing us. ~ Chris
Ok you guys, that machine does look great but it couldn't have started as a treadle? I must of been an electric first!

Nancy
It has holes in the casting for a treadle belt, so I think they were made both in treadle and electric models.
Sharon W.
I think so too that model was designed to be electric or treadle. I copied this photo from an ebay sell, but it shows a plug in the area where the belt cord would go through the base. I don't know about the bobbin winder area. In the picture I found, the bobbin area is for an electric machine. Necchi must have made a different cover for the bobbin and treadle machine.
Singer 401G was made to go on a treadle or electric with the geared motor!!! Why not Necchi. They probably went places where electric didn't go yet.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by buslady
I got an Elna Supermatic and need a manual for it. I found one site that charges for it, I wondered if anyone here knows where I might get one "free"? Thanks. I also have a Viking 33-10 that I can't find the manual for. I want to get these machines running so I can teach on them. Thanks for any assist!
If you find where to get one let me know. B/C I need one too. I saw one on e bay for $8.00+shipping but let it go on by. Will keep looking.
Well, I found a free repair manual. I'll keep lookin' http://arizonaexpressionz.com/elna_service_manuals.html this is for a FREE Elna service manuals

better book mark these

http://www.arizonaexpressionz.com/el...n_manuals.html this is the FREE instruction manuals
I see the Supermatic instruction manual, but not the repair manual? Am I just missing it?
it's there
Listed as what? I looked again, and again.....I do not see Supermatic.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

I got an Elna Supermatic and need a manual for it. I found one site that charges for it, I wondered if anyone here knows where I might get one "free"? Thanks. I also have a Viking 33-10 that I can't find the manual for. I want to get these machines running so I can teach on them. Thanks for any assist!
If you find where to get one let me know. B/C I need one too. I saw one on e bay for $8.00+shipping but let it go on by. Will keep looking.
Well, I found a free repair manual. I'll keep lookin' http://arizonaexpressionz.com/elna_service_manuals.html this is for a FREE Elna service manuals

better book mark these

http://www.arizonaexpressionz.com/el...n_manuals.html this is the FREE instruction manuals
I see the Supermatic instruction manual, but not the repair manual? Am I just missing it?
it's there
Elna Supermatic I counted down 38
Old 06-07-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by MrsBoats
Another question, if I may...

Since decals come up so often , is there a site somewhere with a comprehensive list of decals, hopefully with pictures?
Well Needlebar has great information on decals, but unless you are a member you can't access any of the information. Here is a site from 'Medlibrary" with some of the Singer decals, scroll down to the bottom.

http://medlibrary.org/medwiki/Singer...127#Production

Nancy
:lol: Hi Nancy, Ok, I admit it... I can be a little slow to catch on sometimes... 'why?' is there info about the Singer 127 and 27 on a medlibrary site? LOL, I honestly can figure it out. Help :?: :shock:
Old 06-07-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by funquilter
thank you - will try now
It worked
:lol:
Old 06-07-2011, 03:46 PM

better book mark these

it's there
Elna Supermatic I counted down 38
I'm looking for the Repair Manual, not the Instruction Manual. The first link was for a Repair Manual...Supermatic is not listed.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:50 PM

Nancy
Sharon W.
Singer 401G was made to go on a treadle or electric with the geared motor!!! Why not Necchi. They probably went places where electric didn't go yet.
I have a Singer 328K that I treadle! I use it to finish off my bindings with a decorative stitch.