Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-05-2010, 10:52 AM

I am venturing out in the vintage machine world. This will be my second vintage toy machine. I just won it on Ebay for $8.50 plus shipping of $8.00. I think they are so cute! I will have a hard time keeping my DGD, who is 4, away from this one.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79773.jpe  
Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:45 PM

I went to an auction today. Sad to say, prices are really down. A 128 with La Vincedora decals, in absolutely beautiful condition, went for $15. (No, not to me--I'm on the wagon.) They couldn't get a bid for a Singer treadle. It had been refinished, and was in just fair conditon, to my mind at least. It was missing veneer, the wheels were gone, and it held a beat-up Sphinx 27.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:47 PM

I have a question on a machine.. I have never heard of it before and could not find anything out on it... Edmond's... does anyone know of it or is it a mystery!

treadle machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79882[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79877.jpe  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:48 PM

I was at an antique store last week and was asking the dealer about treadles. He said they were in great demand a few years ago but not anymore. He said people just don't want them anymore. I told him I did and smiled as we left.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I am venturing out in the vintage machine world. This will be my second vintage toy machine. I just won it on Ebay for $8.50 plus shipping of $8.00. I think they are so cute! I will have a hard time keeping my DGD, who is 4, away from this one.
That is a cute machine :) Singer too!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi Billy, I have a Singer 500A that was given to me a few years ago. It's been in a closet for a few years and I need to know where to oil it. There is a white plastic-looks like a dipstick-elongated toy top. I need to know what it's used for. I don't have a manual just a few extra feet and cams. The flywheel can turn but it feels like it's a little stiff. I know it needs lubricating but I don't know where to put the oil. anne
Woot! that is one sweet machine... love the color :)
Old 06-05-2010, 03:33 PM

Has any one heard of a sewing machine called Gibraltar? Hubby bought one today at a yard sale for $3.00. It's a table top and looks really good still shiney the color of it is green and runs just like a sewing machine. HeHe Made in Japan.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:38 PM

Hubby also bought today a Singer Model AB635082 at a flea market it's in a cabinet but the cabinet has a lot of veneer missing. It was a treadle but has been converted to electric. He plugged it in and it runs good too! Only thing missing was the belt wheel (the large one). Are they available? He want to change it back to a treadle. The cost of this one was $20.00.

Then while still walking the flea market he found laying in the dirt a fiddle base machine need lots and lots of work but he does have it working manualy. That one was a wooping $1.00. Don't know any thing about the model # or date yet. All in all good day at the flea market.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
Okay ... I went and done it again (my husband keeps saying ... why do we need all these machines) ... but I can't help myself ...

I purchased a electric singer at a yard sale a church was having today (a HUGE sale it was). Someone already snatched a table top one... and there was another one that was a table top singer ... but I found this one ... and the price ... was reasonable ... couldn't believe it!

[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...res/singer.jpg[/IMG]

You did not get hurt at all with this one!!! Funny how heavy it is for such a little fellow huh?!?

Congratulations on your score!!!

Billy

Serial #EL906291 99K

November 20, 1956

NOTE: I forgot to add the price ... are you sitting down ... $2.00.

Yes you read that right ... TWO DOLLARS!!! and it does work - hubby tested it out ... but I will have to find some parts as it doesn't have any :(

So what do you think about Suzy-Q?

(sings *Suzy Q baby I love you ... Suzy Q*)
Old 06-05-2010, 04:02 PM

All of these "new" machines just are so cool!!! I'm officially jealous of each and every one that I don't have!! :lol: