Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-05-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
All of these "new" machines just are so cool!!! I'm officially jealous of each and every one that I don't have!! :lol:
I don't have at the moment but the two featherweights.. I am working on finding a treadle machine! The one I posted here, I have never heard of and the lady is going to get some information from the appraiser who valued it.. he said it was an Edmond.. so I will let everyone know what comes back via email.. Sharon
Old 06-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deara
My hubby just looked at the motor and he said WHOA, 250 volts. lol He said we could hook it up to where the clothes dryer plugs in. lol
I was afraid of that, it has never been changed over.

You will need a step up converter or a new motor, and you will need to change the bulb out. I have a few Singer motors that are close to the correct year of the machine that are 110v of you decide to go that route.

Billy
Old 06-05-2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
All of these "new" machines just are so cool!!! I'm officially jealous of each and every one that I don't have!! :lol:
I don't have at the moment but the two featherweights.. I am working on finding a treadle machine! The one I posted here, I have never heard of and the lady is going to get some information from the appraiser who valued it.. he said it was an Edmond.. so I will let everyone know what comes back via email.. Sharon
TWO featherweights...and here I sit with none!! :cry: :cry: :cry: ~hanging head to hide a grin~

Miz Sharon....that treadle will come to you when you least expect it, and it'll be a wonderful machine that you are going to spend many happy hours with!! :)
Old 06-05-2010, 06:56 PM

OMG it has taken me forever to read all 121 pages, but what a treat. Thank you so much Billy.

I have a question can you put a crank on a featherweight? Have you ever seen one?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I have a question on a machine.. I have never heard of it before and could not find anything out on it... Edmond's... does anyone know of it or is it a mystery!
Sorta looks like a National, Davis or Standard from the photo that you shown of the machine. There were a lot of badged machines out there and this is more than likely one of them. I really like it and where you find it?

Billy
Hi Billy,

I am still corresponding with the owner of it .. she had it appraised to sell and that is the name on the Machine.. I requested she take some pictures of it in good light and any other markings so We lol You might be able to give an idea of its make ... once I have them , I will post for you to see.

Sharon
Old 06-05-2010, 07:04 PM

TWO featherweights...and here I sit with none!! :cry: :cry: :cry: ~hanging head to hide a grin~

Miz Sharon....that treadle will come to you when you least expect it, and it'll be a wonderful machine that you are going to spend many happy hours with!! :)
Yes that is true Charlee, I have searched out some and sent off questions on them.. and if they are still for sale ! I will continue to look. :)
Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 PM

Billy,

The bobbin winder on my machine, serial #AE658095, needs a screw to hold it on. What kind of screw will work? I would love to get it back on and wind some bobbins so I can sew on my machine. Also, what kind of needles do I need for it?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:40 PM

For those who were asking about needle sizes for the New Home/Free NLB machines (the gold colored SS rotary machines), I came across my needles today. They are sized 40F1 (New Home sizing, I think) or CC1221 (Free sizing). They are no longer available. Some folks have suggested using 206 x 13. Some say the eye is in the wrong place, and others say they work fine--so there you go!! I no longer have my New Home rotary, so can't check it out to see for sure. The 206 x 13 needles are still available.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SherriB
Billy,

The bobbin winder on my machine, serial #AE658095, needs a screw to hold it on. What kind of screw will work? I would love to get it back on and wind some bobbins so I can sew on my machine. Also, what kind of needles do I need for it?
Your machine is a Model 15 and 40000 of them were allotted on September 1 1937. The machine takes the 15x1 needles and as for the screw that holds on the bobbin winder on is proprietary to Singer. Their thread pitch is not like any other thread pitch out there.

Your going to have to find the screw that came out of it are find a parts machine or a shop that repairs machines they might have a spare laying around.

Billy
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 PM

Thanks Billy. I will try to find one. If I don't I have another Singer treadle that has one. The head on that one is frozen.

Can the bobbins be wound on another machine or that bobbin winder?