Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Couple quick question. We have a singer G0376-815 also a G9614 619 also a number 31-15 is on the head under the bobbin winder. Can't get on needlebar yet. Can you tell me the year made?

My mother had a Minnisota model B been in storage for about 30 years my sister has it and won't let it go. Stored in a shed. Has the coffen top cover. Would that be rare machine?
Okay the first number is a 127 and 35,000 were allotted on September 25 1923. The second serial is for a model 31 that 3000 were allotted on that run on October 17 1922.

And the Minnesota is not a rare machine but it is not found that often.

Billy
Thanks for the information. It really adds to the machine if you know how old it is. Hope this thread stays open for a long while. You have been very helpful to a lot of people.

:thumbup:
Old 06-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi Billy, Here is th photo of the Treadle head I'm talking about. She is asking $45 to buy it now+$30 shipping. Is that too much with the added cost of a motor +belt for it? It is pretty! Anne
No not at all it is in really good condition and would be a great addition to any collection!! Like I said I have a motor and the bracket for sale in the classifieds and I will sell them separate and give you a good deal for them. And the year of the motor will match your machine!

Billy
Old 06-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Banned

Hi Billy, Here is th photo of the Treadle head I'm talking about. She is asking $45 to buy it now+$30 shipping. Is that too much with the added cost of a motor +belt for it? It is pretty! Anne

That is perfect for the motor set up, it is what you need to do it with.

Billy
Old 06-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCquilts
Well, It is the cutest little Sewing Machine. It is a Montgomery Wards VS, but it has such a modern art deco style to it. It has a rotary motor. Not sure of its age or anything else, but its cute.
Very cute little machine!!!!

Billy
Old 06-03-2010, 02:45 AM

I live in central NJ and There aren't many of them around anymore. They just throw stuff in the gabage around here.

I called my niece last week to see if my stepfather still had the treadle from his mother he promised me-- She put it in the trash when she moved in to make a sitting room. I am so upset.

Woe is me. Anne
Oh Anne, I know how you feel. I recently met a couple from the states that moved to Australia several decades ago. When I told her I was collecting vintage machines, she told me that when they were moving... they tossed their ornate treadle in the dump. They had been from back east.

I almost choked on my dinner. I couldn't believe someone would do that. Coming to terms with the fact that I can't rescue all those vintage machines I see on CL that aren't selling... is proving to be difficult. Ugh! :roll: :roll:

At least many of them are being rescued and in the future some will be very appreciative of our efforts. :-D :-D :-D
Old 06-03-2010, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by siss
hi billie, i also have my late grandmother's treadle sewing machine in a very ornate cabinet. it looks like the top is inlayed in leather. not sure. it is a new raymond. i don't see a serial number. could you tell me where to look and i would send it to you so if possible you could tell me when it was made and any other information. i would really appreciate your time. i am enjoying looking at all the vintage machines. thank you in advance. if anyone else has information i would appreciate it too.
Wow! Beautiful cabinet and wonderful machine. I am officially jealous!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Oh Anne, I know how you feel. I recently met a couple from the states that moved to Australia several decades ago. When I told her I was collecting vintage machines, she told me that when they were moving... they tossed their ornate treadle in the dump. They had been from back east.

I almost choked on my dinner. I couldn't believe someone would do that. Coming to terms with the fact that I can't rescue all those vintage machines I see on CL that aren't selling... is proving to be difficult. Ugh! :roll: :roll:

At least many of them are being rescued and in the future some will be very appreciative of our efforts. :-D :-D :-D
Oh gosh, that is horrible! I know how you feel though, like it is a rescue effort. I feel bad for those machines. They are so useful and beautiful and are not always appreciated. Hubby says 3 is enough for us while in our apartment. Alrighty... but no promises if one follows me home.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:18 AM

Wish i could find one to follow me home! I'd find room...somewhere, anywhere! If i did find one on ebay...it's like a arm & heart that you have to give to get it. Although i did manage to get one recently but would love to get another.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Banned

Did you see any of the news from the flooding from Nashville on HLN the past couple of days? They are showing the cleanup going on and there is a guy with a sewing machine in a Queen Anne cabinet tossing it to the curb and it falling apart as it hits the ground. The cabinet looks like a Singer from the 50's but you can not see the machine that was in it.

You can save that machine!!!!

Goodness it hurts every time I see that........

Billy
Old 06-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Banned

I'm surprised you're not rushing there to save it :roll:

Is this cleanup from the floods a little while back?

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Did you see any of the news from the flooding from Nashville on HLN the past couple of days? They are showing the cleanup going on and there is a guy with a sewing machine in a Queen Anne cabinet tossing it to the curb and it falling apart as it hits the ground. The cabinet looks like a Singer from the 50's but you can not see the machine that was in it.

You can save that machine!!!!

Goodness it hurts every time I see that........

Billy