Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-03-2010, 01:41 PM

I am clueless as to the use for these attachments and I don't even know if they are complete or if they are assembled correctly.....I do have a 66 so once I have a set of attachments for my machine I would be happy to help out anyone else with their needs.....while at yet another auction I bought this box for $5.00...each and every one of the smaller boxes inside are chock full of attachments....I will post a couple of photos....Is there somewhere else on this site where I can post a large number of photos of all of the attachments?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-78501.jpe   attachment-78502.jpe   attachment-78503.jpe  
Old 06-03-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Darcene
I am clueless as to the use for these attachments and I don't even know if they are complete or if they are assembled correctly.....I do have a 66 so once I have a set of attachments for my machine I would be happy to help out anyone else with their needs.....while at yet another auction I bought this box for $5.00...each and every one of the smaller boxes inside are chock full of attachments....I will post a couple of photos....Is there somewhere else on this site where I can post a large number of photos of all of the attachments?
All I can say is W O W !!!!!!! You hit the motherload there.

Blessings to you,
Sandi
Old 06-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

Wow, nice!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by no1jan

Dunster, I could not see the same bobbin winder in any of the tutes or pictures. My machine does not have the black piece that holds the thread guides and bobbin. It has a silver metal piece made differently and I can't figure out how to get it on.

I have 2 other model 66, one electric and another treadle, however the bobbin winder is made differently.

If you know of a tute or picture I missed, please let me know.
I don't know if these pics will help you or not. I haven't taken my machine completely apart yet, and it may be the wrong type of bobbin winder. If it's the right one, let me know and I'll try to get better pictures. (Now I'm almost afraid to take mine apart.)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-78678.jpe   attachment-78679.jpe   attachment-78680.jpe  
Old 06-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deara
All I can say is W O W !!!!!!! You hit the motherload there.

Blessings to you,
Sandi
That is an understatement!!! Darcene I think I am coming to you first to hang out and hit auctions with you!!

Billy
Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM

If these will fit a 66 back feet mounted I will take them off your hands Glenn
Old 06-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Billy, thank you for taking such good care of my new baby....I will be watching the postman like a hungry vulture...he may end up thinking I am stalking him....maybe I should tell him that I am watching for something really special.....

I was at an auction a couple of weeks ago and I bought a box of misc. sewing supplies for a whopping $2.00---this little box was in the larger box....it appears to be an attachment box of some sort. I have never seen anything like this. Can anyone out there tell a little something about it?
I will take them off your hands if they will fit a 66-1 Glenn
Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 PM

Wow!!! I'm green with envy!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 06-03-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by dunster

Dunster, I could not see the same bobbin winder in any of the tutes or pictures. My machine does not have the black piece that holds the thread guides and bobbin. It has a silver metal piece made differently and I can't figure out how to get it on.

I have 2 other model 66, one electric and another treadle, however the bobbin winder is made differently.

If you know of a tute or picture I missed, please let me know.
I don't know if these pics will help you or not. I haven't taken my machine completely apart yet, and it may be the wrong type of bobbin winder. If it's the right one, let me know and I'll try to get better pictures. (Now I'm almost afraid to take mine apart.)

No it is not the same. See the piece that holds the parts of the bobbin winder (the black piece shaped like a "Y") that is the piece I broke on my other machine but found a replacement. This piece is silver metal on mine with a notch on the left for a screw.

The top piece that attaches to the shaft itself is not on my bobbin winder at all.

Some how I have to attach the "Y" piece along with the top thread guide and top that holds the bobbin in place to the shaft. I just can't figure it out.

From my experience, I will NEVER take another bobbin winder apart. I will clean as best as I can on the machine! They don't agree with me, obviously. :cry:
Old 06-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Banned

Does anyone have a closeup picture of a model 66-1 treadle bobbin winder (don't laugh Billy, I didn't break this one).

I took mine apart to clean it thoroughly thinking it was the same as my other 66 treadle but this one doesn't have the black piece for the bobbin winder but a steel one. I goes together differently. I have most of it put back but can't figure out the rest. It is made differently than the other treadle.

Thanks in advance.
Jan.

Yeah, Billy I did it again!
Jan, does it look like this?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-78729.jpe   attachment-78730.jpe   attachment-78731.jpe