Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
This is unrelated to the machines, but I wanted to say to Billy, I just discovered the quilts you have made while following a link here! I must say You do marvelous work and I just love them all.. We sure have some talented men on this forum! :)

Sharon
Thank You sooo much!!!!

Yes I do quilt but I have not had much seat time behind my treadle in the studio lately from trying to keep up with the VSMS and all that goes with it and building a pair of hot rods. But have no fear I will be getting back to making quilts once again!!!

Billy
Old 06-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by no1jan
Attached are pictures of my Model 66-1 bobbin winder that I can't figure out how to put back together. My in on the left and the one that appears to be on all the others is on the right hand side of the picture.

If you notice the "Y", on mine is NOT black but silver. Also the silver piece at the very top is not on my bobbin winder.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? This is driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance!
Did you try this out on your machine before taking it apart?

I am thinking you have a completely different animal on your hands right now.

Billy
Old 06-04-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by no1jan
Attached are pictures of my Model 66-1 bobbin winder that I can't figure out how to put back together. My in on the left and the one that appears to be on all the others is on the right hand side of the picture.

If you notice the "Y", on mine is NOT black but silver. Also the silver piece at the very top is not on my bobbin winder.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? This is driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance!
Did you try this out on your machine before taking it apart?

I am thinking you have a completely different animal on your hands right now.

Billy
No I didn't. When I got the machine she was rusted solid. NOTHING would move! I basically wanted it for the attachments, again!

Then you came along with the tutes and I figured that I would tear it apart and see how good I could do.

Do you think this is the wrong bobbin winder for this machine. It was on it before, I just can't get it back on. Even if it doesn't work, which I wish it would of course.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:46 PM

You're quite welcome Billy! I would someday like to try my hand at a treadle machine again. The first machine I ever used was a treadle in junior high school! Would be fun to use one again.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

Polly, I have a Necci I bought at a garage sale for $3, and boy is it nice!
Old 06-04-2010, 02:54 PM

Yippee! My two Damascus machines are home...one has a rather common decal, the other one I've not seen before! They both need lots of TLC (and kerosene!) I'll be tearing into them soon! (Or making William do it! :lol: )
Old 06-04-2010, 03:02 PM

Hey people besides having trouble with my bobbin winder on my Model 66-1 treadle, I do have good luck occassionally.

We had a neighborhood garage sale today and I hit the Jackpot!!!

When I walked up to the 2nd house in our neighborhood the woman had a couple of small item which I ended up buying for $1.00. Then I asked if they had any sewing or quilting stuff. The man jumped in and asked what? When I told him I was looking for sewing machines, attachments, material, basically anything to do with sewing, he told me he had a couple downstairs but he wasn't sure if he wanted to get rid of them. Then he mentioned he had a tiny one and put out his hands! My heart started racing. I really tried to control myself, but he could tell I was interested in it.

He asked if I wanted to see it and I said "Sure"! Well, needless to say he brought out the most beautiful Featherweight!!! with the attachments and manual, no case.

I asked if he thought about selling it and he said he had planned on putting it on e-bay but never got around to it.

I looked at my husband with those eyes (you all know what I mean) and asked the guy how much? $50.00! :!: :!: :!:

Well needless to say I'm not stupid except when it involves bobbin winders on Model 66's so I said I'd take it. Then he put in the box other sewing stuff. A "White Rotary Sewing Machine" instruction manual, 5 Singer Cams, and 3 white cams that I have no idea what kind of machine they are for.

I also picked up some material and a purse at another garage sale for $2.00. What do you think of my purse? :wink: :wink:

My new Featherweight "Prisilla"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79389[/ATTACH]

The front plate
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79390[/ATTACH]

The attachments and book
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79391[/ATTACH]

The side view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79392[/ATTACH]

The cams and extra faceplates?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79394[/ATTACH]

My Singer Purse!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79395[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79384.jpe   attachment-79385.jpe   attachment-79386.jpe   attachment-79387.jpe   attachment-79389.jpe  

attachment-79390.jpe  
Old 06-04-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Yippee! My two Damascus machines are home...one has a rather common decal, the other one I've not seen before! They both need lots of TLC (and kerosene!) I'll be tearing into them soon! (Or making William do it! :lol: )
Do we get to see a before picture?
Old 06-04-2010, 03:17 PM

Very Nice!!
Old 06-04-2010, 03:26 PM

Prisilla is a beauty.
I really like your Singer purse.
Hubby wants to know if you want to double your money? lol

Blessings,
Sandi