Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-04-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Deara
Prisilla is a beauty.
I really like your Singer purse.
Hubby wants to know if you want to double your money? lol

Blessings,
Sandi
Not this time. My son keeps on saying you don't need it, just sell it!
Old 06-04-2010, 03:31 PM

Billy, If I don't stop my Featherweight thread take-up in the up position, I will get a thread caught in the bobbin case when I start to sew again and have to take it apart, which is not always easy for me to do. Nancy Johnson Srebro or is it Nancy Srebro Johnson covers this in her book and tells how to fix it, but it still gives me fits. I usually have to spend up to an hour fixing it.

Do other featherweight owners have this problem or do just a few of us? I would really like to know.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by no1jan
Hey people besides having trouble with my bobbin winder on my Model 66-1 treadle, I do have good luck occassionally.

He asked if I wanted to see it and I said "Sure"! Well, needless to say he brought out the most beautiful Featherweight!!! with the attachments and manual, no case.

I asked if he thought about selling it and he said he had planned on putting it on e-bay but never got around to it.

I looked at my husband with those eyes (you all know what I mean) and asked the guy how much? $50.00! :!: :!: :!:

Well needless to say I'm not stupid except when it involves bobbin winders on Model 66's so I said I'd take it. Then he put in the box other sewing stuff. A "White Rotary Sewing Machine" instruction manual, 5 Singer Cams, and 3 white cams that I have no idea what kind of machine they are for.

I also picked up some material and a purse at another garage sale for $2.00. What do you think of my purse? :wink: :wink:
SCORE! Congratulations, my garage sale stops were not productive today. But stopped by the Salvaton Army store and they had all clothes for $1. So picked up some mens flannel and hawaian shirts for the fabric. Thats about equivalent to $0.50 FQ.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Yippee! My two Damascus machines are home...one has a rather common decal, the other one I've not seen before! They both need lots of TLC (and kerosene!) I'll be tearing into them soon! (Or making William do it! :lol: )
Do we get to see a before picture?
You betcha!! I'll take pics when I get home from work tonite!
Old 06-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Banned

Hey people besides having trouble with my bobbin winder on my Model 66-1 treadle, I do have good luck occassionally.

We had a neighborhood garage sale today and I hit the Jackpot!!!
Jan you are one lucky little devil dear!!! That was a jackpot and a half there!!!!

Its not even mine and I am speechless........ :shock: :shock: :shock: I think I would be going "What bobbin winder....." right about now.

And I love the signage in your photos!!

Congratulations on the lottery win!!!!

Billy
Old 06-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Banned

It's the......

I _*_*_*_ Billy post..... (fill in the blank with your choice of four letter words :))

I saw this today and had to have it. I know it's not all special like Jan's featherweight or Charlee's Damascus'....but I thought she sure was pretty and shiny (it was the shiny that sucked me in....)

I've done some research and I know it's not a swanky machine, but it's in such good condition that I had to have it.....

Oh and it weighs a freakin' TON!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79558.jpe   attachment-79559.jpe  
Old 06-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned

JAN!!!

I just checked my Craigslist and someone JUST listed a FW in "perfect condition" for the low, low price of only $700!!!!

You saved $650! Now that's a deal :)
Old 06-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
Yippee! My two Damascus machines are home...one has a rather common decal, the other one I've not seen before! They both need lots of TLC (and kerosene!) I'll be tearing into them soon! (Or making William do it! :lol: )
Yeay Charlee!!!!!

I cant wait to see the photos of them when you get a chance to posting them. Sound like you guys had a productive day out shopping the garage sales and thrift shops!!!

Congratulations to all!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a car coming to me tomorrow on a flat bed that is an all over but I can take my time with it because he doesnt have his garage built yet and it would be outside so I have till the winter to finish it. :D :D

So that will give me some time to hit the estate sales and work on my 500A this weekend. Then Monday it tearing into the car and making out a parts list and getting the down payment on the job from the guy.

Billy
Old 06-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BKinCO
It's the......

I _*_*_*_ Billy post..... (fill in the blank with your choice of four letter words :))

I saw this today and had to have it. I know it's not all special like Jan's featherweight or Charlee's Damascus'....but I thought she sure was pretty and shiny (it was the shiny that sucked me in....)

I've done some research and I know it's not a swanky machine, but it's in such good condition that I had to have it.....

Oh and it weighs a freakin' TON!!!
I can only imagine what word would go there..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It might not be a FW or a Non Singer treadle head (which has a high cool factor for me :thumbup: ), but you do have a very nice (and shiny) Japanese (?) machine. You need to take some more photos of it and give me some more details about your find.

First what bobbin does it use (class 15 or 66) and is it drop in or is it in a case. Second thing I really need a photo of the underside of the machine. Yes I like looking up sewing machines skirts!! :mrgreen: And lastly how about some photos of its backside and the stitch regulator.

Billy
Old 06-04-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
JAN!!!

I just checked my Craigslist and someone JUST listed a FW in "perfect condition" for the low, low price of only $700!!!!

You saved $650! Now that's a deal :)
I can guarantee it isn't mine. This one isn't leaving my sight. I just sewed a little on her and she just "whirr's" right along. I can't tell you how thrilled I am right now.

So much for sleeping tonight!

And Billy, you can stop my and sew on her anytime!