Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Banned

Sandi that is so good to hear!!! The needle might be a curved needle so you need to save it and use it for a model to find more. Do not be surprised that you have to spend upwards to $20 a needle for your machine.

If I were you I would go ahead and join the NeedleBar so you can show it off and find out more about it. They will love you and Alan (the Administrator) has a passion for the the early machines and can probably tell you anything you want to know about it.

Here is the link to the site:

http://needlebar.org/main/index.html

It will take a couple of days but be sure to post about it in the "Early Machines" section of the forum!!!

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Ok ,,, here are somemore pictures of the mysterious Edmond sewing machine... This is what she looks like and all the info I can get from her.
She sure is pretty!!! So are you getting it or do you already have it?

BK somehow I was counting on you to pick up on the "Vibrator" part. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Billy, I don't know why you'd say that!!! ;)
Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deara
Hubby & I went back to the Antique Show and this is one of three we found this afternoon.

On the slide plate above the shuttle bobbin it says, W.A. Henderson & Co. General Acts, USA. There were these numbers on the other slide plate, 3334.

I am at a loss to the age of this machine. Hubby & I think it is Civil War era. Does anyone have any ideas about her age?

Blessings,
Sandi
Sandi, this is just about the coolest machine I have ever seen!!! How neat would it be if it really was from Civil War times??
Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Sandi that is so good to hear!!! The needle might be a curved needle so you need to save it and use it for a model to find more. Do not be surprised that you have to spend upwards to $20 a needle for your machine.

If I were you I would go ahead and join the NeedleBar so you can show it off and find out more about it. They will love you and Alan (the Administrator) has a passion for the the early machines and can probably tell you anything you want to know about it.

Here is the link to the site:

http://needlebar.org/main/index.html

It will take a couple of days but be sure to post about it in the "Early Machines" section of the forum!!!

Billy
I did save the needle and it is curved. I thought it was just bent because of being jammed. Wow. I am so amazed by this little beauty. Gotta share that paying $20.00 for one needle would be double what I paid for the machine. The young boys who sold it to us didn't know what they had.

And I already belong to Needlebar, but thanks for the heads up of where to post her. I joined a while back but have mostly been a looker there and not much else.

I really appreciate the care and attention you give to all of us who post our findings and ask what is it?

Blessings,
Sandi
Old 06-07-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Originally Posted by Deara
Hubby & I went back to the Antique Show and this is one of three we found this afternoon.

On the slide plate above the shuttle bobbin it says, W.A. Henderson & Co. General Acts, USA. There were these numbers on the other slide plate, 3334.

I am at a loss to the age of this machine. Hubby & I think it is Civil War era. Does anyone have any ideas about her age?

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandi, this is just about the coolest machine I have ever seen!!! How neat would it be if it really was from Civil War times??

Thanks. It would be really cool if it were Civil War era. Gotta do some checking and see when shuttle bobbins started appearing on machines. There is so much to learn and we acquired four machines this weekend. Still need to check out the other three.

Blessings,
Sandi
Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 AM

I have a Singer that belonged to my mother. Dad bought it for her in 1954 or 1955. I has a wooden mail-box shaped case and has a rough Godzilla finish. The serial # AJ86154O. Any information?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boopers
I have a Singer that belonged to my mother. Dad bought it for her in 1954 or 1955. I has a wooden mail-box shaped case and has a rough Godzilla finish. The serial # AJ86154O. Any information?
You have a Model 128 and there were 10000 allotted on October 4 1950! Is it an electric or is it a handcrank? Also are the plated parts black instead of nickel finish?

I have one that Jan sent to me all the way from New York and I just love the machine!! After a good cleaning it works like a charm.

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 AM

Billy, My machine is electric, but needs some work. It is all black, no nickel plating and no fancy decals.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:03 AM

Hi Billy, I am heartbroken, I am actually crying as I'm writing this. The Photos are self explanatory. Anne
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80826.jpe   attachment-80827.jpe   attachment-80828.jpe  
Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 AM

more. can the flywheel be replaced? $. Anne
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80756.jpe   attachment-80757.jpe   attachment-80829.jpe