Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-06-2010, 12:09 PM

I love the color and it is so nice. I wish I caould post a picture on here. Will keep trying. That was a good find cabinqtlr.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:12 PM

Hubby & I went back to the Antique Show and this is one of three we found this afternoon.

On the slide plate above the shuttle bobbin it says, W.A. Henderson & Co. General Acts, USA. There were these numbers on the other slide plate, 3334.

I am at a loss to the age of this machine. Hubby & I think it is Civil War era. Does anyone have any ideas about her age?

Blessings,
Sandi
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80410.jpe   attachment-80411.jpe   attachment-80412.jpe   attachment-80414.jpe  
Old 06-06-2010, 02:43 PM

Ok ,,, here are somemore pictures of the mysterious Edmond sewing machine... This is what she looks like and all the info I can get from her.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80445.jpe   attachment-80446.jpe   attachment-80447.jpe   attachment-80448.jpe   attachment-80449.jpe  

Old 06-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Ok ,,, here are somemore pictures of the mysterious Edmond sewing machine... This is what she looks like and all the info I can get from her.
Hey! It says vibrator on there........:shock:
Oh...sorry...wrong topic 8-)

VERY pretty cabinet!!! And the machine is pretty darned cool too!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Hey! It says vibrator on there........:shock:
Oh...sorry...wrong topic 8-)

VERY pretty cabinet!!! And the machine is pretty darned cool too!!!
LOL, I thought of that too... it's strange I cannot find anything out on this machine!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:08 PM

[quote=roseOfsharon]
it's strange I cannot find anything out on this machine!
Was there an Edmond's Department Store in your area? Some machines were badged with the name of stores and even newspapers. I have a machine badged "Harper", for the Harper and McIntire Hardware of Ottumwa, Iowa. It was actually made by National for the store.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 PM

[quote=Miz Johnny]
it's strange I cannot find anything out on this machine!
Was there an Edmond's Department Store in your area? Some machines were badged with the name of stores and even newspapers. I have a machine badged "Harper", for the Harper and McIntire Hardware of Ottumwa, Iowa. It was actually made by National for the store.
That's a good question.. The owner lives in Virginia.. so I may ask her if she knows! Thanks
Old 06-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Banned

She sure is pretty!!! So are you getting it or do you already have it?

BK somehow I was counting on you to pick up on the "Vibrator" part. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 06-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deara
Hubby & I went back to the Antique Show and this is one of three we found this afternoon.

On the slide plate above the shuttle bobbin it says, W.A. Henderson & Co. General Acts, USA. There were these numbers on the other slide plate, 3334.

I am at a loss to the age of this machine. Hubby & I think it is Civil War era. Does anyone have any ideas about her age?

Blessings,
Sandi
Whoa Paw Foot alert!!

You would be surprised at how many of those type of machines were built in the 1870's and 1880's. But I think you have something here with this one. I will look around the NB and see if I can find anything. I am really amazed that the shuttle is still with the machine!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock:

Does it still function or is the little one locked up? Either way you have a wonderful piece of history in your hands!!!

Oh and do not even consider painting this one yet until we can find out more about it.

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Deara

Blessings,
Sandi
Whoa Paw Foot alert!!

You would be surprised at how many of those type of machines were built in the 1870's and 1880's. But I think you have something here with this one. I will look around the NB and see if I can find anything. I am really amazed that the shuttle is still with the machine!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock:

Does it still function or is the little one locked up? Either way you have a wonderful piece of history in your hands!!!

Oh and do not even consider painting this one yet until we can find out more about it.

Billy
This machine is amazing. There was a needle in it and it was jammed. Hubby removed the bent needle and she moves (shuttle) freely back and forth. There is no way I am painting this or even gonna clean her. I will wipe her down with some oil. She earned her wonderful patina and she deserves to remain this way.
I thank you Billy for your help in finding out her history. Hubby would love to show her off at an antique show he will be a part of this August. She will be a wonderful attention getter.

Blessings,
Sandi