Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-08-2010, 02:12 PM

I blame Billy for my new obsession :D
Old 06-08-2010, 02:27 PM

Save every piece of wood. This case can be restored, with some work.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by KenZ
This is the picture you requested. The pictures look better than the machine.
Ken that is a 66-3 you have and not a bad looking one at that.

Billy
This machine is in very bad shape. It just shows how deceptive pictures can be. The decals are nearly worn off of the bed. However the picture of the bed does not look bad. This deception can be very costly when buying on line.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:58 PM

Here are a few photos of one of my machines....This one came from a garage sale (my sister called from IL. and said do you want an old machine?) and as you can see the machine and the sewing table were a grand total of $15.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81592.jpe   attachment-81593.jpe   attachment-81609.jpe   attachment-81610.jpe   attachment-81611.jpe  

attachment-107137.jpe  
Old 06-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lostn51
This is the picture you requested. The pictures look better than the machine.
Ken that is a 66-3 you have and not a bad looking one at that.

Billy
This machine is in very bad shape. It just shows how deceptive pictures can be. The decals are nearly worn off of the bed. However the picture of the bed does not look bad. This deception can be very costly when buying on line.
See I am looking for a 66 like what you have so I can do a repaint on to use in the studio and I wont have to risk harming the decals on my Red Eye. But I want a side clamp but I can always change the presserfoot bar out.

Billy
Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darcene
Here are a few photos of one of my machines....This one came from a garage sale (my sister called from IL. and said do you want an old machine?) and as you can see the machine and the sewing table were a grand total of $15.
Darcene your machine looked a lot like mine did when I brought it home from St Louis. After a good cleaning the Liquid Gold will hide almost all of the crazing on the bed and it will look almost factory fresh.

I really love your machine and for $15 you did not get hurt at all!!!

Billy
Old 06-08-2010, 03:50 PM

She's beautiful!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Ok found another machine ... it is a treadle .. singer.. looks like a redeye .. the belt is broken it says.. are they hard to replace?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81618.jpe   attachment-81619.jpe  
Old 06-08-2010, 04:52 PM

I bought a Singer puzzle box from Ebay and just got it today. It came in a very large priority mail box. The puzzle box is rather small and I couldn't figure out what I had gotten int the mail.

I opened the box and found it stuffed with peanuts and newspaper. Under that was a bubble wrapped package. It had 2 layers of large bubble wrap. Then 2 layers of small bubble wrap. Under that was sheet styrofoam wrapped around the box. Under that was plastic wrap!! My box was cushioned like a baby in cotton wool! I wrote an email and thanked the seller for such awesome packing. He went above and beyond what most would have done.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:57 PM

Here are a few pictures of the fiddle base machine we bought at the flea market for a $1.00. It did not move at all and hubby soaked it in WD40 and worked it loose. Now all the parts move. We found out it is a Domestic Model B made around 1870 and 1890. It has 3 sets of serial numbers but not been able to look them up yet. Really don't know where to find them. I am waiting to get on Needle Bar but it takes so long. Only thing we can see that is missing is the shuttle. Every thing else works and seems to be in order. Would like to change it over to a hand crank if possible.

Domestic B sewing machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81634[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81629.jpe   attachment-81631.jpe   attachment-81632.jpe