Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 171 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 170 171 172 181 221 271 671 1171 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #4251
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Arty1

    Got the machine! This little box with attachments came with it... what do you think of it? Is the box worth anything?
    It's called a "Puzzlebox"...and Billy's right...they go from anywhere around $25 to $50 on ebay...depending on the attachments in the box...

  2. #4252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    I havent gotten around to calling about the machine yet but I will tomorrow if everything goes well her tonite.

    My Chihuahua was having some issues last night and I thought she was a goner. She is 11yo and is really healthy but she kept having breathing problems like asthma attacks. When I pet her she would be okay but if I stopped in just mere minutes she would have them again. So for 7 hours I rubbed her tummy and told her that daddy loved her. I am exhausted right now to say the least and my nerves are shot.

    We think she was stung by a Wasp because we have an abundance of them for some reason here this year. But she is eating and drinking really good and was begging at the table so she might be out of the woods now.

    Billy

  3. #4253
    Super Member Miz Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,222
    I saw this, and thought of all of you. . .

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Singer-Treadle-S...72?pt=Folk_Art

  4. #4254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    I saw this, and thought of all of you. . .

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Singer-Treadle-S...72?pt=Folk_Art
    Well at least this isnt that bad and you might could put a cabinet back on it later when you felt like it. I have seen a person that made a fence around his home with the treadle legs. Instead od a picket fence he had a treadle fence.

    Billy

  5. #4255
    Super Member Miz Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I havent gotten around to calling about the machine yet but I will tomorrow if everything goes well her tonite.

    My Chihuahua was having some issues last night and I thought she was a goner. She is 11yo and is really healthy but she kept having breathing problems like asthma attacks. When I pet her she would be okay but if I stopped in just mere minutes she would have them again. So for 7 hours I rubbed her tummy and told her that daddy loved her. I am exhausted right now to say the least and my nerves are shot.

    We think she was stung by a Wasp because we have an abundance of them for some reason here this year. But she is eating and drinking really good and was begging at the table so she might be out of the woods now.

    Billy
    Derby Day (a Big Deal in Kentucky), I was out of town at a DD party (for real) when my daughter called me, sobbing hysterically. It seems she had dropped an ibuprofen and the Chihuahua she was "babysitting" had promptly eaten it. The pet hospital refused to treat without payment up front, and as this was a 21 ounce puppy, treatment was a necessity. The end result of all of this is I now claim ownership of the dog, since I paid more for it than it's owner, although I won't let the little %^$* back in my house. That's why I prefer dogs big enough to wear a saddle!!

  6. #4256
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Saugus, MA
    Posts
    665
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I havent gotten around to calling about the machine yet but I will tomorrow if everything goes well her tonite.

    My Chihuahua was having some issues last night and I thought she was a goner. She is 11yo and is really healthy but she kept having breathing problems like asthma attacks. When I pet her she would be okay but if I stopped in just mere minutes she would have them again. So for 7 hours I rubbed her tummy and told her that daddy loved her. I am exhausted right now to say the least and my nerves are shot.

    We think she was stung by a Wasp because we have an abundance of them for some reason here this year. But she is eating and drinking really good and was begging at the table so she might be out of the woods now.

    Billy
    You seem to be an animal lover which makes you even dearer to my heart. I'm really not surprised though. Guess you're an all around nice guy . We'll have to think about forming a Billy Fan Club.

  7. #4257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard
    You seem to be an animal lover which makes you even dearer to my heart. I'm really not surprised though. Guess you're an all around nice guy . We'll have to think about forming a Billy Fan Club.
    Oh you would love my house then 4 Dogs, a Chihuahua, 2 Poms, and an Irish Setter/Lab mix. And all of them sleep in the same bed as my wife and I.

    Billy

  8. #4258
    Junior Member jackkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard
    You seem to be an animal lover which makes you even dearer to my heart. I'm really not surprised though. Guess you're an all around nice guy . We'll have to think about forming a Billy Fan Club.
    Oh you would love my house then 4 Dogs, a Chihuahua, 2 Poms, and an Irish Setter/Lab mix. And all of them sleep in the same bed as my wife and I.

    Billy
    Sure hope you have a king size bed

  9. #4259
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,893
    Annaquilts:

    We have this exact cabinet with a 301. DH is taller. Let me ask with lunch. Also I wonder if you can lift it if you want it taller. DH did this with our 66 treadle cabinet so now it is almost 3 inches up. A little under one inch on the bottom and about two inches above the top of the metal stand. He put small wooden blocks on the top of the metal stand and lifted the whole top and machine that way nearly 2 inches. No belt yet but it is more comfortable petalling.[/quote]

    Hey Annaquilts,

    I was thinking of lifting it. Probably would have to make a little U shaped platform with the middle cut out for "me". I noticed Billy has his treadle station on a raised platform. Something like that might work.

    Aardie.[/quote]

    DH inseam is 34 and he can just get his legs under and sew with the pedal.

  10. #4260
    Senior Member kathome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    696
    Blog Entries
    1
    I just started another thread, "My Singer Featherweight" telling the story of how I found a 1948 FW in my attic. My DH's mother gave it to him years ago and just last night I was looking on e-bay at the FWs and the light bulb went off in my head wondering about what was in that beat up looking case in the attic. I convinced DH to go into the attic (hatch opening) and bring it down this morning and low and behold................. there she was, just waiting for me to discover her. I swear she smiled as much as I did when I opened the case.

    I'll post photos as soon as I get a chance of my new little baby girl. I can't tell you how jazzed I am over this find even though DH is mystified about my enthusiasm.

    And to think, she moved with us 3 times and was just sitting in the attic!!!

  11. #4261
    aardvarq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    149
    Annaquilts[/quote]

    DH inseam is 34 and he can just get his legs under and sew with the pedal.[/quote]

    Aardie
    Good thing it is not a treadle :-)

  12. #4262
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    1,004
    [quote=Lostn51]I havent gotten around to calling about the machine yet but I will tomorrow if everything goes well her tonite.

    My Chihuahua was having some issues last night and I thought she was a goner. She is 11yo and is really healthy but she kept having breathing problems like asthma attacks. When I pet her she would be okay but if I stopped in just mere minutes she would have them again. So for 7 hours I rubbed her tummy and told her that daddy loved her. I am exhausted right now to say the least and my nerves are shot.

    We think she was stung by a Wasp because we have an abundance of them for some reason here this year. But she is eating and drinking really good and was begging at the table so she might be out of the woods now.


    Billy, I do hope your doggie is doing better today. I will say a prayer for her. From one pet lover to another.

  13. #4263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy O.
    Billy, I do hope your doggie is doing better today. I will say a prayer for her. From one pet lover to another.
    Yes she is doing better and I think I figured out what the issue was.....Allergens+ the Ceiling fan.

    I have to keep the house clean because on of my Poms has a collapsed trachea (hereditary for Poms) and dust sets it off, but with all of the heat and lack of rain I am guessing that helped trigger everything. So I deep cleaned the house all day yesterday and did not change the linens on out bed. We were back in the bedroom getting ready for bed and she was there 15 minutes and had a major attack. After she was done and settled a bit she went in our sunroom and snuggled with my wife in my quilt that I made and she has not had one since.

    I change linens and wash our lap quilts every week but I made sure I didnt change our bed just to see if that was it. So she still may have been stung by a Wasp but she was still super sensitive to the dust/allergens that the puppers tracked in the bed.

    Billy

  14. #4264
    Junior Member jackkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    279
    check this out? What are you thoughts on this one?

    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6578258

  15. #4265
    Super Member quilterguy27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkip
    check this out? What are you thoughts on this one?

    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6578258
    Shoot, I'd get it just for the price if I was in the market for one. Who could beat $6. It'd probably cost much more than that to ship it, but still.

  16. #4266
    Junior Member jackkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkip
    check this out? What are you thoughts on this one?

    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6578258
    Shoot, I'd get it just for the price if I was in the market for one. Who could beat $6. It'd probably cost much more than that to ship it, but still.
    What model do you think it is? I am thinking the case is not orignal. But I am still new at this stuff so I could be wrong.

  17. #4267
    Super Member quilterguy27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,452
    I have no idea. I'm not that experienced at identifying them. Billy or Charlee or any of the other great minds on here could tell you. I know it's called a violin base. That's all I can tell you.

  18. #4268
    Junior Member jackkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    279
    well, I placed a bid. Shipping is estimated at $30. I think the only people getting rich on this stuff is UPS, Fedex and USPS......

  19. #4269
    Super Member quilterguy27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkip
    well, I placed a bid. Shipping is estimated at $30. I think the only people getting rich on this stuff is UPS, Fedex and USPS......
    LOL, I have to agree with that.

  20. #4270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Its a Singer IF and the case id far from the original and it was either a handcrank or treadle operated when it was new. The seller obviously has now idea about vintage machines but I can say that the needles and bobbins will be fun to find and the machine is well worth the asking price.

    Billy

  21. #4271
    Super Member quilterguy27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,452
    Billy: which machine are you referring? Just curious. The violin based one?

  22. #4272
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,743
    Blog Entries
    47
    Billy, I am considering at purchase of a Singer 328K which only has a manual for $40. Is that a reasonable price and are the attachments/cams available? I see the some cams are available on eBay. I don't know what else I would want with it. Thanks for your help. :-D :D

  23. #4273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Yep the one that Jackie posted about. I am surprised that it still has some of the decals on it. Quite a nice find I will say that!!

    Billy

  24. #4274
    Super Member Karen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    At my little house, buried under a pile of fabric.
    Posts
    2,648
    Here she is Billy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #4275
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,743
    Blog Entries
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Here she is Billy!
    Hi Karen, I like your machine!!!! :-D

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.