Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 71 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 121 171 571 1071 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    This is unrelated to the machines, but I wanted to say to Billy, I just discovered the quilts you have made while following a link here! I must say You do marvelous work and I just love them all.. We sure have some talented men on this forum! :)

Sharon
    Thank You sooo much!!!!

Yes I do quilt but I have not had much seat time behind my treadle in the studio lately from trying to keep up with the VSMS and all that goes with it and building a pair of hot rods. But have no fear I will be getting back to making quilts once again!!!

Billy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by no1jan
    Attached are pictures of my Model 66-1 bobbin winder that I can't figure out how to put back together. My in on the left and the one that appears to be on all the others is on the right hand side of the picture.

If you notice the "Y", on mine is NOT black but silver. Also the silver piece at the very top is not on my bobbin winder.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? This is driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance!
    Did you try this out on your machine before taking it apart?

I am thinking you have a completely different animal on your hands right now.

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Attached are pictures of my Model 66-1 bobbin winder that I can't figure out how to put back together. My in on the left and the one that appears to be on all the others is on the right hand side of the picture.

If you notice the "Y", on mine is NOT black but silver. Also the silver piece at the very top is not on my bobbin winder.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? This is driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance!
    Did you try this out on your machine before taking it apart?

I am thinking you have a completely different animal on your hands right now.

Billy
    No I didn't. When I got the machine she was rusted solid. NOTHING would move! I basically wanted it for the attachments, again!

Then you came along with the tutes and I figured that I would tear it apart and see how good I could do.

Do you think this is the wrong bobbin winder for this machine. It was on it before, I just can't get it back on. Even if it doesn't work, which I wish it would of course.

Blog Entries
    You're quite welcome Billy! I would someday like to try my hand at a treadle machine again. The first machine I ever used was a treadle in junior high school! Would be fun to use one again.

Polly, I have a Necci I bought at a garage sale for $3, and boy is it nice!

Blog Entries
    Yippee! My two Damascus machines are home...one has a rather common decal, the other one I've not seen before! They both need lots of TLC (and kerosene!) I'll be tearing into them soon! (Or making William do it! :lol: )

Hey people besides having trouble with my bobbin winder on my Model 66-1 treadle, I do have good luck occassionally.

We had a neighborhood garage sale today and I hit the Jackpot!!!

When I walked up to the 2nd house in our neighborhood the woman had a couple of small item which I ended up buying for $1.00. Then I asked if they had any sewing or quilting stuff. The man jumped in and asked what? When I told him I was looking for sewing machines, attachments, material, basically anything to do with sewing, he told me he had a couple downstairs but he wasn't sure if he wanted to get rid of them. Then he mentioned he had a tiny one and put out his hands! My heart started racing. I really tried to control myself, but he could tell I was interested in it.

He asked if I wanted to see it and I said "Sure"! Well, needless to say he brought out the most beautiful Featherweight!!! with the attachments and manual, no case.

I asked if he thought about selling it and he said he had planned on putting it on e-bay but never got around to it.

I looked at my husband with those eyes (you all know what I mean) and asked the guy how much? $50.00! :!: :!: :!:

Well needless to say I'm not stupid except when it involves bobbin winders on Model 66's so I said I'd take it. Then he put in the box other sewing stuff. A "White Rotary Sewing Machine" instruction manual, 5 Singer Cams, and 3 white cams that I have no idea what kind of machine they are for.

I also picked up some material and a purse at another garage sale for $2.00. What do you think of my purse? :wink: :wink:

My new Featherweight "Prisilla"
    Name:  Attachment-79384.jpe
Views: 182
Size:  46.1 KB

The front plate
    Name:  Attachment-79385.jpe
Views: 189
Size:  49.8 KB

The attachments and book
    Name:  Attachment-79386.jpe
Views: 207
Size:  54.5 KB

The side view
    Name:  Attachment-79387.jpe
Views: 163
Size:  54.0 KB

The cams and extra faceplates?
    Name:  Attachment-79389.jpe
Views: 160
Size:  38.7 KB

My Singer Purse!
    Name:  Attachment-79390.jpe
Views: 179
Size:  37.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Yippee! My two Damascus machines are home...one has a rather common decal, the other one I've not seen before! They both need lots of TLC (and kerosene!) I'll be tearing into them soon! (Or making William do it! :lol: )
    Do we get to see a before picture?

Blog Entries
    Very Nice!!

Prisilla is a beauty.
    I really like your Singer purse.
    Hubby wants to know if you want to double your money? lol

Blessings,
    Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by Deara
    Prisilla is a beauty.
    I really like your Singer purse.
    Hubby wants to know if you want to double your money? lol

Blessings,
    Sandi
    Not this time. My son keeps on saying you don't need it, just sell it!

Blog Entries
    Billy, If I don't stop my Featherweight thread take-up in the up position, I will get a thread caught in the bobbin case when I start to sew again and have to take it apart, which is not always easy for me to do. Nancy Johnson Srebro or is it Nancy Srebro Johnson covers this in her book and tells how to fix it, but it still gives me fits. I usually have to spend up to an hour fixing it.

Do other featherweight owners have this problem or do just a few of us? I would really like to know.

Hey people besides having trouble with my bobbin winder on my Model 66-1 treadle, I do have good luck occassionally.

He asked if I wanted to see it and I said "Sure"! Well, needless to say he brought out the most beautiful Featherweight!!! with the attachments and manual, no case.

I asked if he thought about selling it and he said he had planned on putting it on e-bay but never got around to it.

I looked at my husband with those eyes (you all know what I mean) and asked the guy how much? $50.00! :!: :!: :!:

Well needless to say I'm not stupid except when it involves bobbin winders on Model 66's so I said I'd take it. Then he put in the box other sewing stuff. A "White Rotary Sewing Machine" instruction manual, 5 Singer Cams, and 3 white cams that I have no idea what kind of machine they are for.

I also picked up some material and a purse at another garage sale for $2.00. What do you think of my purse? :wink: :wink:
    SCORE! Congratulations, my garage sale stops were not productive today. But stopped by the Salvaton Army store and they had all clothes for $1. So picked up some mens flannel and hawaian shirts for the fabric. Thats about equivalent to $0.50 FQ.

Blog Entries
    Do we get to see a before picture?
    You betcha!! I'll take pics when I get home from work tonite!

Banned

We had a neighborhood garage sale today and I hit the Jackpot!!!
    Jan you are one lucky little devil dear!!! That was a jackpot and a half there!!!!

Its not even mine and I am speechless........ :shock: :shock: :shock: I think I would be going "What bobbin winder....." right about now.

And I love the signage in your photos!!

Congratulations on the lottery win!!!!

Billy

Banned
    It's the......

I _*_*_*_ Billy post..... (fill in the blank with your choice of four letter words :))

I saw this today and had to have it. I know it's not all special like Jan's featherweight or Charlee's Damascus'....but I thought she sure was pretty and shiny (it was the shiny that sucked me in....)

I've done some research and I know it's not a swanky machine, but it's in such good condition that I had to have it.....

Oh and it weighs a freakin' TON!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    JAN!!!

I just checked my Craigslist and someone JUST listed a FW in "perfect condition" for the low, low price of only $700!!!!

You saved $650! Now that's a deal :)

Banned
    Yeay Charlee!!!!!

I cant wait to see the photos of them when you get a chance to posting them. Sound like you guys had a productive day out shopping the garage sales and thrift shops!!!

Congratulations to all!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a car coming to me tomorrow on a flat bed that is an all over but I can take my time with it because he doesnt have his garage built yet and it would be outside so I have till the winter to finish it. :D :D

So that will give me some time to hit the estate sales and work on my 500A this weekend. Then Monday it tearing into the car and making out a parts list and getting the down payment on the job from the guy.

Billy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BKinCO
    It's the......

I _*_*_*_ Billy post..... (fill in the blank with your choice of four letter words :))

I saw this today and had to have it. I know it's not all special like Jan's featherweight or Charlee's Damascus'....but I thought she sure was pretty and shiny (it was the shiny that sucked me in....)

I've done some research and I know it's not a swanky machine, but it's in such good condition that I had to have it.....

I can only imagine what word would go there..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It might not be a FW or a Non Singer treadle head (which has a high cool factor for me :thumbup: ), but you do have a very nice (and shiny) Japanese (?) machine. You need to take some more photos of it and give me some more details about your find.

First what bobbin does it use (class 15 or 66) and is it drop in or is it in a case. Second thing I really need a photo of the underside of the machine. Yes I like looking up sewing machines skirts!! :mrgreen: And lastly how about some photos of its backside and the stitch regulator.

Billy

JAN!!!

I just checked my Craigslist and someone JUST listed a FW in "perfect condition" for the low, low price of only $700!!!!

You saved $650! Now that's a deal :)
    I can guarantee it isn't mine. This one isn't leaving my sight. I just sewed a little on her and she just "whirr's" right along. I can't tell you how thrilled I am right now.

So much for sleeping tonight!

And Billy, you can stop my and sew on her anytime!

It's the......

I can see why! The shine gets me every time. I am up to 8 machines and I just started in December!!! :thumbup:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    It's the......

I can only imagine what word would go there..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It might not be a FW or a Non Singer treadle head (which has a high cool factor for me :thumbup: ), but you do have a very nice (and shiny) Japanese (?) machine. You need to take some more photos of it and give me some more details about your find.

First what bobbin does it use (class 15 or 66) and is it drop in or is it in a case. Second thing I really need a photo of the underside of the machine. Yes I like looking up sewing machines skirts!! :mrgreen: And lastly how about some photos of its backside and the stitch regulator.

Billy
    Okay you are asking me questions that are beyond my scope of comprehension at this point ~~~ you just got me hooked a week ago :)

BUT I'm gonna go with a Class 15 bobbin in the case....thanks to my friend Google....

It does say Made in Japan....

It's like the Blue-Light special of machines, I know :)

she's not wearing a thong or anything.....
    Name:  Attachment-79574.jpe
Views: 137
Size:  48.6 KB

stitch regulator, maybe????
    Name:  Attachment-79575.jpe
Views: 124
Size:  47.3 KB

bobbin in a case????
    Name:  Attachment-79576.jpe
Views: 117
Size:  39.2 KB

bobbin winder here on the front? And I love the little measurements on the base of the machine.
    Name:  Attachment-79579.jpe
Views: 131
Size:  53.6 KB

Blog Entries
    This link was posted on another thread here. The fabric will be available in September! It looks like we are not the only ones who love the oldie but goodie vintage machines!!!

http://rjrfabrics.com/fabrics/collec...?packageID=789

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriB
    This link was posted on another thread here. The fabric will be available in September! It looks like we are not the only ones who love the oldie but goodie vintage machines!!!

http://rjrfabrics.com/fabrics/collec...?packageID=789
    I am all over that like a Duck on a June bug!!!! I hope they will sell it by the bolt.

Billy

Banned
    Okay you are asking me questions that are beyond my scope of comprehension at this point ~~~ you just got me hooked a week ago :)

BUT I'm gonna go with a Class 15 bobbin in the case....thanks to my friend Google....

It does say Made in Japan....

It's like the Blue-Light special of machines, I know :)
    Its a VERY well built machine and what ever you paid for it you did not get hurt at all. My "Universal" 15 is my go to machine and is the only machine I do my FMQ with. I love that rascal more than you can imagine.

You can even put that machine in a standard Singer treadle if you wanted and it would be fine. But now I have a few more questions for you.....

First what is the serial number on the boss just under the bed on the side that your facing when your using the machine? It is in the middle of the drop on the bed side. Also what does the brass badge say on the machine? Is there any signs of a decal or insignia inside of the hole in the badge? And what are the dimensions on the bed?

And now for the biggie.......take a screwdriver and loosen the top screw on the faceplate of the machine (the big chrome thing covering the needle bar and the presserfoot bar), slide it up and pull it off. Is there any trademark stamped into the backside of the plate? If there is take a photo of the mark so I can look at it.

Billy

Page 71 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 121 171 571 1071 ... LastLast