Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-14-2010, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by quilt addict
GREAT! I went shopping and got all the supplies on the list. I am rearing to go! :D :D :D :D :D
Well the tutorial is in the works. I will have the first installment done tonight, and I am figuring since it is going to be so long and drawn out I will do it in 4 to 5 installments.

Billy
Yeah, I am so excited. I can not wait to get these. I hope you are starting with the treadle machine first. I do so want to get mine in top working condition. As of now I think the only thing that is not working properly is the bobbin winder.
THANK YOU SO MUCH BILLY FOR HELPING ALL OF US!!!!
Charlene
Old 05-14-2010, 02:25 AM

I just read the first installment. It makes me nervous just reading it. I have three machines here to work on. I don't think I will start on my Treadle. I think I will start on the old 99 that I never intended to get working. Just for show machine sitting in my living room. If I totally hose it I won't be out much. Thanks for giving me the nerve to even think about it.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:17 AM

Ok Here are the pictures of the 128VS? She is smaller that i thought it would be. Used to the industrials i guess.

i am assuming that i will need to use kerosene to unfreeze the parts
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51483.jpe   attachment-52826.jpe   attachment-52827.jpe   attachment-52828.jpe   attachment-52829.jpe  

Old 05-14-2010, 03:22 AM

she is stripped down pretty good, but i got her so i could tear her apart and play with her if she works ok, if not Billy has a new toy
Old 05-14-2010, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Hey Billy...check out this New Home 85 year old girl on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-NEW-HOME...item3353626bea
Just entered the "shop" this morning, don't know why I waited so long, have gone past it a number of times. Love the machine on ebay....someday...
Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 AM

I have not even made it to page 10 yet, and yes you are correct the bug is contagious....
I do have one or two old machines hanging around, will have to go check them out. They were given to me a 6 -7 years ago and I gave a couple away that were in the batch.

Back to catching up. Need a refill....
Old 05-14-2010, 04:16 AM

I went on craigslist - national. Seems the machines for sale are concentrated on the coasts... :cry: I will keep looking for a treadle. It may be a while, though. My DH does not think it is as important as getting our children through school - wonder why! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-14-2010, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by mickey
Ok Here are the pictures of the 128VS? She is smaller that i thought it would be. Used to the industrials i guess.

i am assuming that i will need to use kerosene to unfreeze the parts
Mickey, I really like your machine. The decals look to be in pretty good shape. Can't wait to see what it looks like after you get finished with it. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-14-2010, 05:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I have not even made it to page 10 yet, and yes you are correct the bug is contagious....
I do have one or two old machines hanging around, will have to go check them out. They were given to me a 6 -7 years ago and I gave a couple away that were in the batch.

Back to catching up. Need a refill....
I am glad you stopped in to see us. We all kept seeing you walk past looking inhere at us but we figured you would have to bite the bullet and come on in!

Around here we are all family and we just like to have fun playing around with these old machines. I will say that a lot of folks here are showing off some pretty nice and sometimes rare machines they have found.

What page are we up to now? Like 54 or 55 in three weeks..... LOL I hope we do not have to lose the information if we hit too many pages like the word association game thread did.

Way too much good information here to lose!!

Anyway go back and have fun reading and if you want, the coffee is over there with a few coffee cakes and doughnuts to choose from and I think there is some tea also. If you see something you like or want to talk about just bring it back up to the counter and we can go for round 2 or 3 or which ever it may be ;)

Billy
Old 05-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
I went on craigslist - national. Seems the machines for sale are concentrated on the coasts... :cry: I will keep looking for a treadle. It may be a while, though. My DH does not think it is as important as getting our children through school - wonder why! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Damn priorities!! I hate it when they get in the way of fun. But at least you can pick you up a cheap machine and go from there!!!

I have noticed since we have quite a few members on the west coast that Washington and Oregon has quite a few there and most of the ones I see you guys buying are really NICE!!! :shock: :shock:

Around these neck of the woods west TN they are not that prominent, I guess because we are a bunch poor farmers who had to do everything the hard way. The East Coast and the Mid west seemed like they were/are covered up in them. My idea was when everyone got to St Louis they tossed the towel in and settled around that area and that the machines really never gravitated towards the western US. Lets face it all of the money was on the Eastern seaboard and the manufacturers were there also so it makes sense in a way.

But how the north west got covered up in them I could not explain other that shipping and the ports there. I told Charlee I am coming to see her and go shopping!!!

But do not get discouraged Lord knows I have a few times but now since the shop is open I am finding machines left and right (coast ;-) )

Billy