Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 122 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 121 122 123 132 172 222 622 1122 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    That would be wonderful if you do! When you get a chance to look please PM me and let me know. I'm hoping . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    Any leads to find a plate for the back?
    I might have one out in my studio if I do its yours!

Billy

Banned
    I sure will!!

That would be wonderful if you do! When you get a chance to look please PM me and let me know. I'm hoping . . . .

Any leads to find a plate for the back?
    I might have one out in my studio if I do its yours!

Billy

I just acquired a Frister and Rossmann handcrank. I am having difficulty in finding out the age of this one. I can't find much info on these transverse shuttle machines. Anyone out there able to help? I could take a few pictures of her right now but she has been sitting in a dusty back room for decades in an old collectables store and she really needs some TLC.

Banned
    Mine is a Dressmaker....and it's black.....but other than that it's just like this one :roll: .... sure do like that blue though!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Sue, That is a beautiful machine! Billy will pop on and tell you more. But looks like another "badged" machine from Japan.

Congratulations.
    Lisa you are right again!! That is gorgeous and if I am correct I know a cute someone in Colorado has one real similar to that one. I made sure I wrote the stamped letters in my notes to try and figure this machines maker out. But it will be years from getting that nailed down I am afraid unless something opens up in my research.

Hey BK what is the name on your machine and does it have any markings like this one?

Billy

[quote=Lostn51 I made sure I wrote the stamped letters in my notes to try and figure this machines maker out. But it will be years from getting that nailed down I am afraid unless something opens up in my research.

Billy[/quote]

Billy, I go to Japan next week but will not have much time. But I also am going in September and will be in Tokyo and have a free day. If there is something I can do some research to help I think it would be great fun.

Lisa

I have a question! I have a Machine almost like the blue one Hobby Sue has, I posted pictures aways back. Mine was free, but it didnt come with any accsories, and no book. I have a chance to get another one from Craigslist, another post Japan one, and this one has ALOT of the feet, ect...it isnt a pretty machine though, just brown. I am wondering if the feet, ect, would fit the pretty one???????????

Blog Entries
    Looky at what hubby bought me at a yard sale today!!!!! I am excited beyond words!!! It only cost $10 bucks!!!!! The lady said it was her mother's machine and she didn't think it worked any more. I didn't care if it did or didn't, I just wanted the machine. And the original owner was a patient in the hospital where I worked and I took care of her on my shifts. And it DOES WORK!!! And it came with the cam, feet and knee lift thingy.

Here is my new baby!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW!!!!!!!! Lucky you! Ya Sure got a great deal, you got a nice hubby too!

ok quick question. I am sprucing up my Grandmother's Singer 301A. Have it all back together, but I need a few parts. I need the check spring for the tension, the rubber feet for the bottom fo the machine and the drip pad. I have did a google search and came up with hundreds of places. Any thoughts on who is the best to deal with.
    Thanks ;-)

I have heard that the Singer 301 is great for FMQ. Any recommendations on what foot to get for that?

WOW!! SherriB That's a nice lookn' machine & the price makes it the perfect deal. Good job.

Billy has always sent me to this site. I have ordered and it came very quickly. Prices seem comparable.

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/

Blog Entries
    Hi, I hope everyone has a wonderful celebration of the birth of our wonderful country!

I have been looking at a Singer portable machine which is electric. The serial number reads 2270987.

I feel like I must be reading the Singer Serial number site incorrectly since that would make this machine allotted in 1877 :shock:

What am I doing wrong here? Help :roll:

I would like to hear how to learn to use the treadle on the treadle machine. I just make the dang thing go back and forth. I guess I just need practice, practice, practice! We are going to the cottage for a week and I want to learn how to bond with "Kate." I am taking my Pfaff as a back up.

Give the wheel a little spin in the right direction. once you get a rhythm you should be off and running.

Bf found an ad in craigs list today, 2 Singer sewing machines for 30.00, so we went and looked at them. The owner had passed away, but had kept these so nice...still had attachments and books, ect. One is almost like SherriB's above, its a Slanto-matic 401. The other is a pretty 201-2, both in nice cabnits. The nephew was so happy that someone bought these, i will sure love them!

billy i found a featherweight model 104 today, what can you tell me about it . is it worth 40 dollars

A Feather Weight for $40.00 It would already be in my my sewing room!!

Yes, mine too. Thats a great deal!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Billy, I go to Japan next week but will not have much time. But I also am going in September and will be in Tokyo and have a free day. If there is something I can do some research to help I think it would be great fun.

Lisa
    Lisa I will PM you with some information that I would like to have if you can get it.

Billy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    I have a question! I have a Machine almost like the blue one Hobby Sue has, I posted pictures aways back. Mine was free, but it didnt come with any accsories, and no book. I have a chance to get another one from Craigslist, another post Japan one, and this one has ALOT of the feet, ect...it isnt a pretty machine though, just brown. I am wondering if the feet, ect, would fit the pretty one???????????
    If they are both a low shank machine (which I am very sure of) the feet and all of the accessories with fit it.

Billy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriB
    Looky at what hubby bought me at a yard sale today!!!!! I am excited beyond words!!! It only cost $10 bucks!!!!! The lady said it was her mother's machine and she didn't think it worked any more. I didn't care if it did or didn't, I just wanted the machine. And the original owner was a patient in the hospital where I worked and I took care of her on my shifts. And it DOES WORK!!! And it came with the cam, feet and knee lift thingy.

Here is my new baby!!!!!!!
    You did great!!!! I love my 500A and you can easily sell it for around $300 if it has the accessories with it.

Billy

I rescued two antique Singer sewing macines from a basement in Bristol, Virginia this 2 weeks ago that were going to be given away to the man that was hired to clean out what was left in the house. A treadle model 31 that was manufactured in 1901 by the Singer Manufacturing Co. and the other one is the same model you have jumpin' judy which I don't know what that model is but the needle plate says the manufacturing date was 1910.

Here is the treadle -- someone removed both the shuttle and the bobbin so I'll have to find those and then the portable, which I'm not really sure what the model is -- it has the shuttle but I'll have to find the bobbin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SewOK
    I rescued two antique Singer sewing macines from a basement in Bristol, Virginia this 2 weeks ago that were going to be given away to the man that was hired to clean out what was left in the house. A treadle model 31 that was manufactured in 1901 by the Singer Manufacturing Co. and the other one is the same model you have jumpin' judy which I don't know what that model is but the needle plate says the manufacturing date was 1910.

Here is the treadle -- someone removed both the shuttle and the bobbin so I'll have to find those and then the portable, which I'm not really sure what the model is -- it has the shuttle but I'll have to find the bobbin.
    Nice machines indeed!!

The first one is a Model 27 and it has the "Memphis Sphinx" decals. This is a really common machine that they made well over a million of these with this decal on them.

The second machine is a Model 128 with the "La Vencedora" decals on it. that machine is a 3/4 machine and was popular for the average sewer for mending and little jobs like that. As you know by know it is a very heavy machine so when it is in its case try to support the bottom of the case when you pick it up. Sometimes the handles will rip out from the weight and drop the machine case and all on your foot! :oops:

What is real nice about both machines is you have both of the shuttle plates which is really rare because on the treadled machines the plate would slide right off when the head is let down. So just that alone was worth the find!!

Parts for these machines are still readily available on e
    bay and a few other sewing shops online and your local dealers. The bobbins can be found at your local Hancock Fabrics in the notions isle.

Good score on some nice machines!!!

Billy

What is the difference between a Singer 500 and a 500A? Is one more sought after than the other? If the answers to these questions are somewhere in this thread, I apologize....It was a little overwhelming to think about re-reading all 200+ pages.