Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Originally Posted by jljack
I recently bought a 301a on eBay that was missing the power cord and foot pedal. I ordered them, and they arrived yesterday...guess what....she purrs like a little honey!!! WOO HOO!!! I am so excited. I have to clean her up, as she is really dirty, but I am soooo excited that she runs!!!

Just had to share my excitement. She will be my traveling partner to guild, classes and quilt friendship group. Her name is Miss Ida.
How about a picture of Miss Ida. Kathie
Here's where I posted her pic. She's a cutie!! :-)
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-102968-1.htm
Old 03-01-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
Miz Johnny, can you tell me who made a Hartland? I will post pics in a while. Thanks for any info...
No Hartland, and I can't seem to find my needle book (I can sometimes make a guess from it) anywhere. I'll keep looking.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:24 PM

I am looking for information on this machine. I have already taken off the motor and am going to make her a HC. Thanks for any info that anyone may have. I have her in a plastic case, just until I get one made for her to sit on.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154355.jpe   attachment-154428.jpe   attachment-154429.jpe  
Old 03-01-2011, 03:29 PM

How about a picture of Miss Ida. Kathie[/quote]

Here's where I posted her pic. She's a cutie!! :-)
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-102968-1.htm[/quote]

That is a nice machine. She is very clean. Did you have to clean her up or did she come that way?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:32 PM

I love vintage machines also. I've got a Singer 99K, a Singer 101, and a Singer 66 treadle also. I have a non working Minnesota A – Treadle. I haven't made a quilt on any of them -- but it's on the bucket list.

I am looking for information on this machine. I have already taken off the motor and am going to make her a HC. Thanks for any info that anyone may have. I have her in a plastic case, just until I get one made for her to sit on.
Is it full or 3/4 sized? It looks to be a National, possibly an Expert BT Vibrator if it is 3/4 sized. If it is full sized, I will have to go back and take a better look. It was possibly made around 1900-1910.

I found her on my front porch just as she is. The case she was in was smashed on the bottom, she had a motor and foot pedal and her shuttle bobbin holder and about 8 bobbins. Someone knows that I like old machines, but no idea who dropped her off!!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Is it full or 3/4 sized? It looks to be a National, possibly an Expert BT Vibrator if it is 3/4 sized. If it is full sized, I will have to go back and take a better look. It was possibly made around 1900-1910.
How can I tell if she is full size or 3/4? She is not very heavy... Also, I can not find any numbers on her.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
How can I tell if she is full size or 3/4? She is not very heavy... Also, I can not find any numbers on her.
I don't have any dimensions for it, but here's a Exp. BT HC:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...54936530fXAVEV

I have a couple of this type of machine. A word of warning, the repro hand cranks will not work on this machine, and an original is hard to find.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:46 PM

Then I will just have to hunt for an original hand crank. So, is this machine an Eldridge?