Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1112 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 112 612 1012 1062 1102 1111 1112 1113 1122 1162 1212 1612 ... LastLast
Results 27,776 to 27,800 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    And another one!
    http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=n97244844

OMG! Looks like Hitachi made sewing machines!?
    OMG!!!!! Monica I love you!!!! Did you read the whole ad? It says "Hitachi family electro-vessel sale Corporation Manufacture" and I think the end means made in 1938, 2,000 allotted maybe? Then it says "Hitachi sewing machine TAT-100 Showa era 38 year made HITACHI black." It is made by Hitachi!!! Now this makes sense. The type of treadle irons are from that time frame! Monica, I am so excited how did you do that? Jon and I both searched the web and I couldn't find anything about the Hitachi?

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 11-14-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    OMG!!!!! Monica I love you!!!! Did you read the whole ad? It says "Hitachi family electro-vessel sale Corporation Manufacture" and I think the end means made in 1938, 2,000 allotted maybe? Then it says "Hitachi sewing machine TAT-100 Showa era 38 year made HITACHI black." It is made by Hitachi!!! Now this makes sense. The type of treadle irons are from that time frame! Monica, I am so excited how did you do that? Jon and I both searched the web and I couldn't find anything about the Hitachi?

Nancy
    Oh and Monica, did you realize (I know you did) that both ads originate in Japan? This is an Hitachi treadle that had to be brought over here by a family that loved it! I am so excited, I printed out both ads to keep with the paperwork for this machine! I wish I had that manual! Geeze, I am so excited!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    I made a couple of the fabric bowls you use to set a bowl of food in to put in the microwave to nuke. My DH loves them and they sure make a hot bowl easy to handle. Great idea......
    Weedwoman what a great idea!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Nancy! Look what I found wandering the net, googled Hitachi sewing machines and images.

Yahoo Japan Auction: http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionI...714#enlargeimg

Attachment 287420Attachment 287421Attachment 287422
    Oh and this one is electric and made in 1940! I am so doing the happy dance! I sure would like to have that manual! That is one thing that is not stuffed in my little drawer, but I have tons of needles! I don't know if the feed dogs drop - haven't figured that out yet, not obvious like with a knob on top - but, this would be a great machine to FM with as it has a very large harp space!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    I just want to say that I love this shop! Billy thank you so much for bringing us this little world!

Jon, you made my day with the Hales Crescent! I so hate it when I can find nothing out about one of my machines - drives me nuts - could that be because I am an accountant and don't like loose ends????

Monica, you have just given me something so valuable to me! I love the information on the Hitachi! I knew my machine had to be made by Hitachi, but it was obviously not made for export! Makes me really wonder about why it got left in a storage container, and who owned/brought the machine over here? And, what happened to the family that loved this machine?

Thank you all so much!

Nancy

Oh and this one is electric and made in 1940! I am so doing the happy dance! I sure would like to have that manual! That is one thing that is not stuffed in my little drawer, but I have tons of needles! I don't know if the feed dogs drop - haven't figured that out yet, not obvious like with a knob on top - but, this would be a great machine to FM with as it has a very large harp space!

Nancy
    Think the folks from "Treadle-ON" would fight over your Hitachi. Enjoyed the broken English used in the Japanese Auction.
    Jon

I made a couple of the fabric bowls you use to set a bowl of food in to put in the microwave to nuke. My DH loves them and they sure make a hot bowl easy to handle. Great idea......
    Oh..... something to stop us from burning our hands.... I learn so much in here...
    “Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.” - Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries
    Nancy and Monica, that's EXCITING!!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris View Post
    and if your close enough, she's even will to show. I'm going to have so much fun with this lady and the list she already has for us to do. Thanks in advance Miriam
    Is Miriam having a sewing machine party?

Quote Originally Posted by justtrish View Post
    Oh..... something to stop us from burning our hands.... I learn so much in here...
    Go to the tutorial thread and click on 'microwave fabric bowls', wonderful tute on the microwavable fabric bowls. Kudos to the gal who did it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justtrish View Post
    Is Miriam having a sewing machine party?
    are you coming too?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Wow, that's great info. Nancy. I would have bet money it was a clone or a badged machine.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    are you coming too?
    Ohhhhhh...I have never been to Indianapolis...have to go find it on a map...eh!

Go to the tutorial thread and click on 'microwave fabric bowls', wonderful tute on the microwavable fabric bowls. Kudos to the gal who did it.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>off to the tutorials I go I go...

Blog Entries
    Pics of Singer 201 (hopefully)
    Beautiful machine.

Blog Entries

Nancy

I got so excited when I found this! I just googled Hitachi sewing machines and looked at images for something similar, clicked on numerous images, this one was a series of pics of sections of the machine group together.

So, now the question, why is Hitachi saying they never manufactured a machine, lost records?

Nancy, Now I wish I had driven the 2+ hours in one direction for this machine instead of giving the heads up on it. If for some reason you do not wish to keep this machine let me know and I will purchase it from you. And one day I would love to see this machine.

There some really cool looking Japanese machines on that auction site, and I love the names. One machine is called a "Happy".

Glad to be of help!!!!

Blog Entries
    I wonder if some one from Japan ordered one from home before the war, ended up in one of the Japanese camps and the machine surfaced. I bet there is a good story there somewhere.

Blog Entries
    Weedwoman, You are going to love that 201. Congrats and enjoy!

Blog Entries
    I wonder if some one from Japan ordered one from home before the war, ended up in one of the Japanese camps and the machine surfaced. I bet there is a good story there somewhere.
    I had thought the same back when Nancy pick up this machine off CLs. I think it was a machine that got put into storage with mom or dad's other household items that weren't being used and then forgotten. Kids or grandkids just figured its all junk. Sad, but this happens all the time. That machine is one of the last pieces of Japan that person had- which looks well love.

Blog Entries
    Nancy, First machine in treadle starting bid is ~ $50 and second machine ~ $80.
    Just additional info. for you.

Blog Entries
    Nancy, First machine in treadle starting bid is ~ $50 and second machine ~ $80.
    Just additional info. for you.
    I wonder if they got into a law suit or something and killed it... how would you look that up?

I had thought the same back when Nancy pick up this machine off CLs. I think it was a machine that got put into storage with mom or dad's other household items that weren't being used and then forgotten. Kids or grandkids just figured its all junk. Sad, but this happens all the time. That machine is one of the last pieces of Japan that person had- which looks well love.
    One person's trash is another's treasure. Unfortunately, I'm overwhelmed with treasure and having a tough time moving around.
    Jon

Weedwoman, You are going to love that 201. Congrats and enjoy!
    Thanks, I'm anxious to sew with her but have no idea just where I'm going to put her in my house but I'll find a spot if I have to get rid of some piece of furniture. lol I think I'm right at 32 or 33 machines now and 6 of those are treadles and they do take up some room. I'd love a big loft that was just mine, mine, mine to display all my machines and have them all out so they could be sewn on without having to rearrange a space for them. Guess it doesn't hurt to wish.....

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I'm anxious to sew with her but have no idea just where I'm going to put her in my house but I'll find a spot if I have to get rid of some piece of furniture. lol I think I'm right at 32 or 33 machines now and 6 of those are treadles and they do take up some room. I'd love a big loft that was just mine, mine, mine to display all my machines and have them all out so they could be sewn on without having to rearrange a space for them. Guess it doesn't hurt to wish.....
    I wish too! If I lived back east where every home has that big basement, I know a good part of the basement would have my collection. I like your idea of a loft! Part of my dreaming is designing the room. I look on CLs for free to cheap furniture to decorate the room also. Red lockers would look wicked! with a comfy sofa and....

Blog Entries
    I wonder if they got into a law suit or something and killed it... how would you look that up?
    You lost me here. What are you taking about?