Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
Really? It looks to me like something important is missing. LOL!! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2558740420.html
It's an invisible machine :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

But the cabinet might be worth that price even without a machine.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by grayhare
I found this on CL,
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/atq/2558499406.html
The prices seem high, the machines look very nice.
Looking at those prices, I got a really good deal for my $40 201 in it's bentwood box and handcrafted oak table!
And my Centenial 201-2 in the cabinet was REALLY a bargin at $15!! :lol:
Old 08-21-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by quilt addict
That's a nice machine, but I would be going for the Davis NVF instead if I didn't already own two Davis NVFs.

[url=http://modesto.craigslist.org/atq/2526424570.html
http://modesto.craigslist.org/atq/2526424570.html[/url]
Oh, I would love to get this machine. But too far away. Anyone want to foster for me????

Lisa
Wish I was close enough!! I'd foster it for you! Of course, you might not ever get to pick it up, but I'd call it yours!! :lol:
Why are all the pretty machines at least 1,500 miles away?? No fair,no fair.!!!
Sharon, One day a Two Spools and a Davis NVF will show up.
Maybe someone from the Treadleon group that doesn't use their machine will sell. Every time I have seen a posting for a Two Spools or Davis, I have thought of you. I too wish these machines would show up close to you since you would make an excellent steward. Just from reading your posts on this QB thread, I have learned lots. One example is your own Singer 201 in treadle. Somehow the machine finds us! I would love to see you make those scrappy donation quilts that you make using a Two Spools. That would be awesome!
Monica,
Thank you! My Singer 201 was my first people powered machine.
I love old sewing machines. :o)
Sharon
Old 08-21-2011, 04:05 PM

Went to an estate auction yesterday and there was a Davis V. Feed. Machine looked good and the cabinet was great. Waited for it to go up and the auctioneer called it a Davidson and a rare machine. Well DH went to $60.00 and the machine went for $200.00. Way out of our limit.( wonder if the person really knew what they were getting.)
Old 08-21-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Look what I found on Craigslist in Dallas. She asked $50, but when I talked to her, she said she would take $40 because it wasn't a machine you could really sew on. These are before pictures. She needs a good oiling, but I don't think she will need a full kerosene spa treatment.
If this Dallas 100 + degree weather ever goes away, I'll be cleaning machines for weeks.

Texas Jan :-D
Texas Jan that Lotus is going to be a knockout when she is spit shined!

Nancy
Thanks!! I did a spa treatment on her EARLY this morning before it gets to 106 later on. I knew she would clean quickly, but goodness what a lot of gunk came out of the hidden places. Someone so nicely put straight pins down in the arm end. I found them when I took off the face plate. After I cleaned up the oiling places, I found a couple more pins wedged in one of the oiling holes. Really, people what are you thinking??? Or was it unwatched kids??
She will have to air out for a day before I start putting her back together again.

Texas Jan
I bought a Singer 301 that had about a dozen or more straight pins stuck in all the oil holes, so glad I didn't sew with it until I
gave it the spa treatment. :roll:
Sharon W. in central Texas
Old 08-21-2011, 06:05 PM

Look what I found on Craigslist in Dallas. She asked $50, but when I talked to her, she said she would take $40 because it wasn't a machine you could really sew on. These are before pictures. She needs a good oiling, but I don't think she will need a full kerosene spa treatment.
If this Dallas 100 + degree weather ever goes away, I'll be cleaning machines for weeks.

Nancy
Thanks!! I did a spa treatment on her EARLY this morning before it gets to 106 later on. I knew she would clean quickly, but goodness what a lot of gunk came out of the hidden places. Someone so nicely put straight pins down in the arm end. I found them when I took off the face plate. After I cleaned up the oiling places, I found a couple more pins wedged in one of the oiling holes. Really, people what are you thinking??? Or was it unwatched kids??
She will have to air out for a day before I start putting her back together again.

Texas Jan
I bought a Singer 301 that had about a dozen or more straight pins stuck in all the oil holes, so glad I didn't sew with it until I
My goodness!!! That would have ruined it for sure !!

Texas Jan
Old 08-21-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Originally Posted by lee231
Need info, what's a vertical feed?
No feed dogs are needed since the needle and the foot moves the fabric. This video show the machine in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rxpWrP5Wrc
I am impressed with the machine after watching this video. Now I want one. :lol: Kathie
Me too! Glad you asked, I didn't know what it meant either.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Originally Posted by lee231
Need info, what's a vertical feed?
No feed dogs are needed since the needle and the foot moves the fabric. This video show the machine in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rxpWrP5Wrc
I am impressed with the machine after watching this video. Now I want one. :lol: Kathie
Me too! Glad you asked, I didn't know what it meant either.
I think I've seen them called needle feed.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

Nancy

Texas Jan

Texas Jan
That just sounds like something a 2 year old might do... I bet he had the time of his life...
Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

Nancy

Texas Jan

Texas Jan
That just sounds like something a 2 year old might do... I bet he had the time of his life...
I opened the face plate of one of my acquisitions and found drill bits! For heaven's sake! Why would someone do that?? They had to take the plate off in order to put them in. Mischevious, whoever did it!!