Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-20-2011, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bennett
Uh oh. Getting the "I wants" again. Kind of makes me cranky. :lol:

(Okay, it's late, and I still have about 3 more hours of work to go, forgive the punniness).

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2554689223.html
That little beauty is mine!!! She sold it for $40.00. It is in such wonderful condition!!! All she needs is a needle and a bobbin, and a short spa treatment. An original handcrank Model 66k from July 1908.

Texas Jan

More pictures to follow later.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Gonna try uploading some pics of my latest two machine. Any info on either will be greatly appreciated.
Deplaylady, I love the table that 201 is sitting on!

Weedwoman, nice machines - both the 15 and the Rotary! Of course, I am partial to 15's!

Nancy
Old 08-20-2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by Bennett
Uh oh. Getting the "I wants" again. Kind of makes me cranky. :lol:

(Okay, it's late, and I still have about 3 more hours of work to go, forgive the punniness).

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2554689223.html
That little beauty is mine!!! She sold it for $40.00. It is in such wonderful condition!!! All she needs is a needle and a bobbin, and a short spa treatment. An original handcrank Model 66k from July 1908.

Texas Jan

More pictures to follow later.
shes beautiful....love her so lucky :thumbup:
Old 08-20-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Charlee, I like your new avatar, photo of yourself. Very nice photo, looks like you were having fun!
Charlee, ditto for me, but your new photo looks like you were in Hawaii living the life of luxury!!!! I take it you were in sunny California, though?

Nancy
Old 08-20-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by lee231
DD picked this up at an auction, 2 of 2 Minnesota 'B'
$20 Today she inform me that she spotted a National Two Spool for $30, will have to go look at that one, she says it in rough shape.
That Minnesota will clean up great!! Can't wait to see it. Did you get the 2 spools? Talk to Bojangles...she has 1 or 2.
Yep, I have two of those great Two Spools and I love them both. Monica, Vintagemotif, also has two of the Two Spools. We both use our Two Spools for all our piecing. The Two Spool makes it so easy to piece first because you have two spools of thread so your time spent changing the bobbin is greatly reduced, and second that original foot on the Two Spools is exactly 1/4"! How can you beat that!

Nancy
Old 08-20-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
delaylady, I love that table...I'd pay $50 for just the table...
The table is fantastic, actually the table is what sold me! When I got it home I got to admire it more - it's really beautiful. It's made out of oak. The man was a wood worker so it wasn't just something thrown together. It sews really nice - and I figured out how to drop the feed dogs (manuals are great). There is a lot more room under the harp than any of my other machines. It will look prettier (and run even better) when I oil it and wipe it gook off - not that there is a lot of gook!

Sewing desk and machine all tucked away
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244226[/ATTACH]

Florence Emily - Dec. 6, 1948
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244227[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244220.jpe   attachment-244221.jpe  
Old 08-20-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf

Here are a few photos of the aforementioned mystery Empira machine. It seems to be moving freely and smoothly. I just have to reattach the belt.

Has anyone heard of this machine? I have looked all over on the web and have found nothing, spare a quote on Google books about a lawsuit involving an Empira Sewing Machine Company!
Nicky, are you sure it was the Empira Sewing Machine Co involved in a lawsuit? I thought it as the Empire Sewing Machine Co? Anyway, there are several Empire machines made by Davis and National, but I can't find anything about an Empira? The cabinet is a Davis cabinet, so I'd guess the machine is too. Anyway, you found a really nice setup. I love the machine and the cabinet!

Nancy
Old 08-20-2011, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Charlee, I like your new avatar, photo of yourself. Very nice photo, looks like you were having fun!
Charlee, ditto for me, but your new photo looks like you were in Hawaii living the life of luxury!!!! I take it you were in sunny California, though?

Nancy
Thanks! Actually, we made a run over to the Oregon coast, which had a couple of wonderfully rare sunny days! :lol: (posted a few more pics on my PDA)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:22 AM

I am in! Sounds like a great place to hang out.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:32 AM

Well, I brought some lemon bars and tea - sweet and not - for all. What fun to see all the machines and hear about all your acquisitions! I have not recently added to my collection. A treadle is waiting for cleaning, so my DH has banned more until that is done. :roll: Hope everyone's day goes well and a lot of machines are rescued!