Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-22-2012, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
...I want to see the whole collection!
Nancy
Nancy,

I would like to post a link to my machines, but interestingly enough, while links to nearly any other sales site is allowed and commonly done, QB doesn’t allow members to post a link to their own site within their own posts.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 03-22-2012, 05:15 AM

Wow Glenn! What did you use to polish up the metal parts? I don't see one speck of rust? Was the polishing done by hand or did you use some kind of electric buffer? Really nice job cleaning up that Sphinx!

Have you all gone to the photo shop to see Glenn's Sphinx?
Nancy
Old 03-22-2012, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
Nancy,

I would like to post a link to my machines, but interestingly enough, while links to nearly any other sales site is allowed and commonly done, QB doesn’t allow members to post a link to their own site within their own posts.

CD in Oklahoma
CD, I went to your site and browsed around! I could see some of your machines, but not your personal machines! Why don't you post some of them in our photo shop? Your site is really interesting! I was looking for a slide plate for my Minnesota H, but you don't have a Minnesota listed.

Nancy
Old 03-22-2012, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I am Miriam, but I didn't think those things were interchangeable? I need one for my Minnesota H. Cathy, are they interchangeable? That sale doesn't say what that plate came off of.

Nancy
Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
The Encyclopedia of Early American Sewing Machines by Carter Bays has a picture of the American Girl on page 242, and this information. "This machine was made during the second quarter of the twentieth century."
Melinda, is there a toy Damascus pictured in your book?

Nancy
Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
Can anybody tell me if this is a Davis? It's up for auction this weekend close to me.
Weedwoman, we can't tell by the photo what the machine is. There are so many with that shape. New Home made machines similar, so did Davis, National, and a few other companies. Do you have any information that makes you think it is a Davis?

Nancy
Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 AM

[QUOTE=Mizkaki;5079417]I think the 16x1 will be too long. I need to check my needle list/ book first to be sure.

Cathy

Cathy, I will be waiting to hear what your learn about needle size and any little tidbits you pick up about my toy Damascus when you get home this weekend!

Nancy
Old 03-22-2012, 05:44 AM

Ok, I brought my Minnesota H in to clean her up. The first time I tried to pick up the shuttle thread, she picked it up right off the bat - but the thread broke immediately. I adjusted the tension slightly and re-threaded the shuttle - now I can't get her to pick up the shuttle thread. I am not sure this machine is even threaded correctly, but it looks very straightforward - at least the threading path does. I don't have a manual, nor a machine that threads exactly like the Minnesota H. Do any of you have a manual you can scan? I only need the thread path. If so could you post a photo of that page here?

Nancy
Old 03-22-2012, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Cathy was over visiting tonight. She pulled out her collection of darning feet and darning springs.
We used a couple of them on my Singer 15-90 to see how well they worked. She has one that attaches to regular foot to make the foot into a darning foot. Here is the link to the thread with photos of the darning feet/springs: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ml#post5080631
Monica and Cathy, that would be a really cool demo to have at our next TOGA! Free motion with those springs/darning feet would be a really fun thing to demo for all of us! I wouldn't know how to attach half of those springs! You need to get some of the Fons and Porter, or whomever makes them, gloves that they use when they demo rotary cutting so you don't sew a finger!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 03-22-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Weedwoman, we can't tell by the photo what the machine is. There are so many with that shape. New Home made machines similar, so did Davis, National, and a few other companies. Do you have any information that makes you think it is a Davis?

Nancy
No info, just that one picture. I think we may take a jaunt over to the auction just to find out, it's only 18 miles away from us. I think I"ll check and see if there is a contact number listed cause they might be able to tell me more over the phone. thanks for help.