Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-11-2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Candace,

That is beautiful. What did you use to attach the cover to the underside of the stool?

Now, I need to get me a Singer stool for my treadles.

Joe
Thanks, Joe and all:> I used some heavy duty, hammer-in-type staples.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

I think a stool is a good idea with the treadles. I use an old drummer's 'throne' for my Consew. No back on it and it scoots around great but I think a stool is better for treadling.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I think a stool is a good idea with the treadles. I use an old drummer's 'throne' for my Consew. No back on it and it scoots around great but I think a stool is better for treadling.
You're right, it is! You need a chair that doesn't scoot well at all...the stools are perfect! I have 3 of them, and love them!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
My questions would be these:

How well do you KNOW Billy? Live next door? Been friends with he and Val for years and years? Or is it that you only know him from these forums, and don't really know him at all, other than what's he's told you and what you've seen him type to other people that he wants to have trust him?

How well do you know the ladies who are complaining that he has their machines, has had them in at least one case for YEARS (2)...has one woman's grandmother's machine....took one woman's money for selling her a machine almost a year ago that he still hasn't delivered on...and if you want to talk about someone who is ill...you should talk to her. These people trusted Billy with items that were precious to them, and he has broken that trust. He has lied repeatedly to them telling them that their machines are in the mail, and yet somehow those machines never reach their destinations.

There are two sides to every story, two shoes to every pair. You might want to try BOTH on before you decide one fits better than the other.
That is a very good reason to go running and not posting on the Quilting Board. He not only took their money and machines, but TRUST in others doing right.

Thank you for answering my question.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:32 PM

I agree stools are better for treadleing but I do have one chair that is great for the treadle machine.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
My questions would be these:

How well do you KNOW Billy? Live next door? Been friends with he and Val for years and years? Or is it that you only know him from these forums, and don't really know him at all, other than what's he's told you and what you've seen him type to other people that he wants to have trust him?

How well do you know the ladies who are complaining that he has their machines, has had them in at least one case for YEARS (2)...has one woman's grandmother's machine....took one woman's money for selling her a machine almost a year ago that he still hasn't delivered on...and if you want to talk about someone who is ill...you should talk to her. These people trusted Billy with items that were precious to them, and he has broken that trust. He has lied repeatedly to them telling them that their machines are in the mail, and yet somehow those machines never reach their destinations.
There are two sides to every story, two shoes to every pair. You might want to try BOTH on before you decide one fits better than the other.
Charlee; Thanks for explaining this so very well to others who may not know both sides of the story. While I knew some of it, I didn't know how to explain it all. Thanks again.
Chris
Old 03-11-2012, 04:37 PM

When it comes to Billy listen to Charlee for she knows what she is talking about. When I was in the furniture restoration business if I did something like this I would have gone to jail.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I agree stools are better for treadleing but I do have one chair that is great for the treadle machine.
I have a chair that I prefer to treadle with too since I can adjust the height. Some cabinets are a different heights, so having that chair helps.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
Charlee; Thanks for explaining this so very well to others who may not know both sides of the story. While I knew some of it, I didn't know how to explain it all. Thanks again.
Chris
Also, attention should be made that Billy himself could pose as another poster here (a different avatar poster), who got a wonderful service from Billy, even though that never happened. I do hope the Quilting Board is watching for those posts.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Thinking out loud....should I ignore your post that you so wish others to take note and contemplate or should I post my question. I'll post.

So, you post this instead????

So, why I ask?
Justify your post here, sometime I can be a bit naive. Never met the man, only know him from his posting here on Quilting Board. Why should he be afraid to post on this board?
I agree if he has nothing to hide why is he afraid to post on the forum. Did he not start it!!