Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Another one in Maryland, a Pfaff treadle: http://frederick.craigslist.org/atq/2825347102.html
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Actually that's not the Grasshopper model...the true Grasshopper was the very first Elna, which is very squarish in shape. This is the Supermatic, which superceded the Elna 1.
Whoops! The only Elna I know is my 62C which is a wonderful machine.

Woohoo! I have the Universal straight stitching. I sat down and pretended I had just been using a built in decorative stitch on the Elna and put the machine on ZZ then moved the stitch width to 0, moved another lever the Elna doesn't have and there it was. Not a pretty SS like the 15 or the 301, but a SS. The motor is great, the foot pedal is not sluggish since I took it apart. Now if I can get the faceplate on straight, I'll be happy, though I can use it with a crooked faceplate. I need to loosen the bobbin tension one more time. It has a vertical bobbin, so my first though was another machine for FMQ, but neither of my hopping feet will fit because the Universal has a really long shank. Such a pretty machine if you liked '55 or'56 Chevolets in turquoise. Now I can do my applique with a buttonhole stitch instead of a satin stitch.

I need to sew on the MW 15 clone this month. It has shamrocks on the faceplate and in the decals.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Whoops! The only Elna I know is my 62C which is a wonderful machine.

Woohoo! I have the Universal straight stitching. I sat down and pretended I had just been using a built in decorative stitch on the Elna and put the machine on ZZ then moved the stitch width to 0, moved another lever the Elna doesn't have and there it was. Not a pretty SS like the 15 or the 301, but a SS. The motor is great, the foot pedal is not sluggish since I took it apart. Now if I can get the faceplate on straight, I'll be happy, though I can use it with a crooked faceplate. I need to loosen the bobbin tension one more time. It has a vertical bobbin, so my first though was another machine for FMQ, but neither of my hopping feet will fit because the Universal has a really long shank. Such a pretty machine if you liked '55 or'56 Chevolets in turquoise. Now I can do my applique with a buttonhole stitch instead of a satin stitch.

I need to sew on the MW 15 clone this month. It has shamrocks on the faceplate and in the decals.
I knew you'd get it!! I love tinkering and tinkering until the machine sews right. So fulfilling.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

http://dayton.craigslist.org/atq/2861827677.html
my sister says these old Riccar machines are worth having.
I'm wishing gas wasn't so high...
Old 03-09-2012, 02:43 PM

Miriam, I have the same concern with gas price. I need another treadle base, and there's one about 80 miles from me...so the cost won't be $50, it'll be $70-75, including the gas. I'm really torn about whether or not to go for it!!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:45 PM

Does anyone here have a treadle pedal, wheel and pitman for a 20's White treadle you want to sell? My sister has the legs & cabinet, but no machine & without the working parts.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:04 PM

I hate to say it, but the price of gas is just gonna keep going up. The way I look at it, if I want to go somewhere I either go and don't worry about it, or stay home. There's no use fretting over it.

And I'm watching a machine that's PU only in Indy. If I win it I'll be making a trip from Springfield, IL to Indy, yep it's gonna cost us, but it does make for a nice road trip.

Go for it.

Joe
Old 03-09-2012, 03:11 PM

Default Singer No.66 Treadle

Hi everyone! Wanted to share what I recently acquired for my 21 year old daughter. Am hoping to get it restored for her by the time she finishes school...she will graduate from college in May but has two years of grad school ahead of her. May take me that long to find and afford someone to help this beauty. I got it for free. : ) Singer #66 treadle with all of its attachments, the manual and even extra needles. I am so thrilled. Does it look like it can be restored? I am sure she will use it....she has my grandmothers now that is an early electric with a desk similar to this one, but it will need a new cord. She has it in her college apartment now as a table. Also, if anone knows of a place in North Carolina that restores these, that would be great. Especially in the Raleigh/Durham area. How much does restoration usually cost? I am sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks so much...I have seen this same machine here and just hope this one can look as fine one day!

rachel
Attached Thumbnails img_4905a.jpg   img_4906a.jpg   img_4908a.jpg   img_4907a.jpg  
Old 03-09-2012, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by rachelg View Post
Hi everyone! Wanted to share what I recently acquired for my 21 year old daughter. Am hoping to get it restored for her by the time she finishes school...she will graduate from college in May but has two years of grad school ahead of her. May take me that long to find and afford someone to help this beauty. I got it for free. : ) Singer #66 treadle with all of its attachments, the manual and even extra needles. I am so thrilled. Does it look like it can be restored? I am sure she will use it....she has my grandmothers now that is an early electric with a desk similar to this one, but it will need a new cord. She has it in her college apartment now as a table. Also, if anone knows of a place in North Carolina that restores these, that would be great. Especially in the Raleigh/Durham area. How much does restoration usually cost? I am sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks so much...I have seen this same machine here and just hope this one can look as fine one day!

rachel
I don't think this machine needs to be restored but a good cleaning and oiling and it should work just fine. You can do this yourself and it is not that hard to do. Ask Charlee, Miriam and they can steer you in right direction. I can tell you about the cabinet but not that good with the machines.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:24 PM

I have two of them. Clean it and work over the cabinet and it's good to go.

Joe