Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-29-2011, 05:49 AM

That won't work for me - my mini van has windows and he can see right in there - 'specially if there is a table... I can hide a machine though. It really isn't fair - he can hide things in the garage - I NEVER look there - not ever - I would probably go into shock.[/quote]

HEY, Hide it in his garage. Then "accidently" find it and hug him and tell him "Oh honey, I LOVE IT...THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!" LOL
Old 08-29-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
New CL posting - what do you all think - anyone interested - and what would you offer?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2567751779.html
Antique Singer Sewing Machine - $1 (Hilton)
This is an Antique Singer Leather Sewing Machine. It moves freely, has the number 29-4 on the front plate. I have no idea how much this is worth. Need to clean out the garage. Make me an offer!

Plus an old favorite posting is back - guess they are trying again! Should have saved the one I got for $1.50 at the tag sale!
http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2522139398.html
The leather machine is great. I think it was made specifically for shoe repair and saddles, but maybe Billy knows for sure? There've ben a few listed here in the $300 range. I think they're awesome as decorator pieces. I'd never have the need to "use" one but can just imagine one strategically placed in an entry way etc. I don't see a great demand because they're so big and heavy but what would it hurt to offer $50?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 AM

Yikes!! 3 hours sleep? I get lightheaded if I don't get at least 6 hours...more like 7!!

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by myreda
Sounds like fun Billy if you are feeling up to it. :-)
I will see after I get over this and how fast I get over it. I went in the living room and ironed the backing to my FIL's quilt and I am completely exhausted. I mean to the point of being light headed and passing out, this is not like me at all. I guess I am just going to try and go to bed early tonite maybe that will help me. Three hours sleep was not enough for me :roll:

Billy
Old 08-29-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
O.K..... I need a moment of silence..... I found a Penguin in the wild today. With a box in great condition and original instructions. OMG, OMG, OMG.

I'm pretty sure I'll be listing it on ebay as I need the money and don't ever plan on having a featherweight.

I'm very excited over my find!!
LUCKY, LUCKY LUCKY!!!!! Wow....what a great find!!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
I found this interesting link.

I found a fascinating 1922 book online that you can download. About a third of the book is on attachments. The book is Sewing Machines by Rosamond Cook, a professor at Iowa State. Here is the link:
http://www.archive.org/stream/cu3192...ge/n3/mode/2up

Note: The "full text" format doesn't include the drawings & photos, which are the heart of the book.

Phyllis nm
That is a really cool book. The statement on the website is that it is no longer copyright protected, so anyone can use it, print it, etc. Thanks for the link!! It's super helpful.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 AM

saw this today

http://stcatharines.kijiji.ca/c-buy-...AdIdZ309183606
Old 08-29-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by justtrish
Very nice. I have not seen that cabinet style before. :)
Old 08-29-2011, 02:10 PM

up date:
This book is also available on Barnes & Noble ebooks for free. I have a Nook, so I'm going to download it when I get home. Sometimes the scanned books don't have the pictures and diagrams, so if the downloaded one doesn't I'll check the Openlibrary version. Thanks!

Pam

Subject: [treadleon] RE: I got the book!

"I like the book so much I found a copy up in Canada and it is on its way!"
<<<Snip>>>
"The book is Sewing Machines by
Rosamond Cook, a professor at Iowa State. Here is the link:
http://www.archive.org/stream/cu3192...ge/n3/mode/2up""

I like this book too and already have a repro copy that I bought off eBay quite a few years back. However, if you go to this link http://openlibrary.org/books/OL6645373M/Sewing_machines
You could have downloaded the PDF version and printed your own copy. I intend to eventually reprint my own copy, because the repro copy I have was not printed very well and I bought it way before eBay had the current buyer protection policies that they have now.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:13 PM

I will see after I get over this and how fast I get over it. I went in the living room and ironed the backing to my FIL's quilt and I am completely exhausted. I mean to the point of being light headed and passing out, this is not like me at all. I guess I am just going to try and go to bed early tonite maybe that will help me. Three hours sleep was not enough for me :roll:

Billy[/quote][/quote]

Billy take your time and do not push yourself. What your are going through takes a while to get over. Prayers are with you at this time. Kathie
Old 08-29-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Does any one have a bobbin plate for a Margaret sewing machine, that they would like to sell? Margaret is made by Morse. Thank you for checking. Kathie S.
Kathie's Margaret
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248721[/ATTACH]

Kathie's Margaret missing the slide plate
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248722[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248715.jpe   attachment-248716.jpe