Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-28-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I'M IN LOVE!! Look at this mint beauty in the U.K... 1887, but what is it?
Be sure you scroll down and drool, I mean look, at all the pictures.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Antique-vintag...item3f087c357e
Sewbiz, that is beautiful, are you going to bid on it?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:01 PM

[quote=Miz Johnny]
That round front access plate is a giveaway for a National. Standard also made a Leader, and New Home made an Our Leader. I will go back and take another look, but I'm betting it's a National Paveway model.

Ok, went for a second look, and it's definitely a National Paveway.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...54936530HqlwWk

/quote]

Miz Johnny, I know we can always count on you to solve a puzzle. What still bothers me, though, is that the Leader was suppose to be a Mason? Irishrose, isn't that what the original owner told you? That is why I thought it was a White, as White made the Mason machines after 1900 and White had one called "Leader." Of course, I am probably mixing the posts up on which machine was which!

I am glad the mystery is solved. That little "Leader" is a beautiful machine for sure.

Nancy
Old 03-28-2011, 08:10 PM

Well, everyone I took the plunge and won a machine off of E-Bay today. It looks like a clone of a 99. Anyway, it says "made in occupied Japan." That is why I bought it, I thought it would be cool to have a machine that says "made in occupied Japan." It is black, not one of the brighter colors. I will post pictures when she arrives! I hope, I don't regret this -- having a machine shipped is very scary for me!

Nancy
Old 03-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MarieM
It's in the UK and my daughter lives there. My youngest son is there visiting her and will be returning in April, so it's conceivable that he could hand carry it home to me... but I hate to do that to him, with all the other stuff he has to transport-- a trunk, backpack, and a violin! I'm so tempted, tho. I think it will bid through the roof, before it's over. About the only place you see those real old ones in mint condition is the UK! Families kept them in their parlors for 100 years, and kept them nice.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Singer Model 12.
Thanks, Miz Johnny.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Seems like earlier, and I mean way earlier, in this thread, there was talk of a machine from occupied Japan, and Billy posted some information about those machines. I don't think I can read the whole thread again, though, to find it, lol. Let us see pics when you get it.

Melinda

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, everyone I took the plunge and won a machine off of E-Bay today. It looks like a clone of a 99. Anyway, it says "made in occupied Japan." That is why I bought it, I thought it would be cool to have a machine that says "made in occupied Japan." It is black, not one of the brighter colors. I will post pictures when she arrives! I hope, I don't regret this -- having a machine shipped is very scary for me!

Nancy
Old 03-28-2011, 09:09 PM

It's in the UK and my daughter lives there. My youngest son is there visiting her and will be returning in April, so it's conceivable that he could hand carry it home to me... but I hate to do that to him, with all the other stuff he has to transport-- a trunk, backpack, and a violin! I'm so tempted, tho. I think it will bid through the roof, before it's over. About the only place you see those real old ones in mint condition is the UK! Families kept them in their parlors for 100 years, and kept them nice.
Sewbizgirl - Good Luck on your bidding! What a beauty!

Nancy
Old 03-28-2011, 09:09 PM

It could be meant to be. Having a machine you love in the country where your son is...how many times is that going to happen? Maybe the bidding won't get too high due to others thinking about shipping costs. Good luck!! Oops, that almost sounds like enabling!

Melinda

Old 03-28-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Seems like earlier, and I mean way earlier, in this thread, there was talk of a machine from occupied Japan, and Billy posted some information about those machines. I don't think I can read the whole thread again, though, to find it, lol. Let us see pics when you get it.

Melinda
I also remember Billy talking about them. It will be fun to own a piece of history like that. I will post pictures even if it arrives broken!

Nancy
Old 03-28-2011, 09:41 PM

I've noticed several machines from the UK on ebay lately and they're all beautiful! I hesitate to bid because of the shipping, but they are beautiful! Has anyone had experience with buying a machine from there and having it shipped?