Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-29-2011, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
It's in the UK and my daughter lives there. My youngest son is there visiting her and will be returning in April, so it's conceivable that he could hand carry it home to me... but I hate to do that to him, with all the other stuff he has to transport-- a trunk, backpack, and a violin! I'm so tempted, tho. I think it will bid through the roof, before it's over. About the only place you see those real old ones in mint condition is the UK! Families kept them in their parlors for 100 years, and kept them nice.
Sewbizgirl - Good Luck on your bidding! What a beauty!

Nancy
WOWZA!!! What a beauty!! What is the U.S. conversion of that price? Also, what is that tall thing just behind the bobbin winder :?:
Old 03-29-2011, 04:31 AM

OK - I've been to all the normal links to date a Singer, but can't find this number. NL-K 8014382. It was made in Taiwan, ROC, probably in the 1970's. Any one have a clue? Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 04:54 AM

Here is the reason I'm looking for information.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-111672-1.htm#2894455
Old 03-29-2011, 05:13 AM

Okay fell off the wagon this weekend. Garage sale ad on CL said they had 3 treadles. Well they did, a WW9, White Rotary and Minnesota C. Well I got the Minnesota C since I don't have one of those. The white cabinet was very nice. The WW9 cabinet was fair but not much decals left on the machine.

Minnesota C serial #D1503643. Some of the decals are silvered but should clean up decent. The cabinet has some issues. Irons, missing one wheel, pedal has been repaired and pitman has a split but good tape job holding it firmly. Think I will have to get into the fly wheel bearing has it is really rough in about 10 degrees of rotation.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176943.jpe   attachment-176944.jpe   attachment-176945.jpe  
Old 03-29-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Okay fell off the wagon this weekend. Garage sale ad on CL said they had 3 treadles. Well they did, a WW9, White Rotary and Minnesota C. Well I got the Minnesota C since I don't have one of those. The white cabinet was very nice. The WW9 cabinet was fair but not much decals left on the machine.

Minnesota C serial #D1503643. Some of the decals are silvered but should clean up decent. The cabinet has some issues. Irons, missing one wheel, pedal has been repaired and pitman has a split but good tape job holding it firmly. Think I will have to get into the fly wheel bearing has it is really rough in about 10 degrees of rotation.
Can you tell me how to thread that machine? I have one that doesn't say Minnesota on it, but has the same design, and I am not sure how to thread it. Don't know where to find a threading diagram either. Any suggestions?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by olebat
Here is the reason I'm looking for information.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-111672-1.htm#2894455
Olebat, the machine in the link you sent is a reproduction of the originial Sphinx decal. You can usually tell the repro's because the decals are 'louder' than the original decal. Some people really like the repro's, but they are not the quality of the originals. Singer, I think even now, still makes treadles for the Amish people, but again not the quality that the vintage ladies were made with.

Nancy
Old 03-29-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Seems like earlier, and I mean way earlier, in this thread, there was talk of a machine from occupied Japan, and Billy posted some information about those machines. I don't think I can read the whole thread again, though, to find it, lol. Let us see pics when you get it.

Melinda

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, everyone I took the plunge and won a machine off of E-Bay today. It looks like a clone of a 99. Anyway, it says "made in occupied Japan." That is why I bought it, I thought it would be cool to have a machine that says "made in occupied Japan." It is black, not one of the brighter colors. I will post pictures when she arrives! I hope, I don't regret this -- having a machine shipped is very scary for me!

Nancy
I have a 15 clone that says "made in occupied japan" on it. It says Diamond on the machine and she's a beauty. Got her for $15.00 cabinet and all at a flea market.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by olebat
OK - I've been to all the normal links to date a Singer, but can't find this number. NL-K 8014382. It was made in Taiwan, ROC, probably in the 1970's. Any one have a clue? Thanks
That looks like one of the new Chinese Singer 15s... the new ones have some colors in the decals that the old ones don't have.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict

Quilt Addict, I can understand why you fell off the wagon for this little jewel. Minnesota was a brand sold by Sears, but I am not sure who made the Minnesota C? The Minnesota A, H, E, and M were made by White. Not sure who made the 'C.'

Your little machine has to be pre 1900 with a wood pitman - you said it was taped up - so it must be wood. The machine head looks great, it should really shine up too. Congratulations!

Nancy
Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman

I have a 15 clone that says "made in occupied japan" on it. It says Diamond on the machine and she's a beauty. Got her for $15.00 cabinet and all at a flea market.
I would of rather had the 15 clone, but this machine looks nice. I hope it is as nice when it arrives! I will have to see when she arrives, but in the picture she looks like a clone of a 99?

Nancy